dissapointing off-season

Marlins04

the reason why vlad was important was because we would show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

People care about winning... not because we have Vlad or not... it was proved with Pudge. No one came to watch until we won. EXACTLY...we had this covo. already...

The Marlins got Pudge to bring fans...but at first it didnt work because the Marlins weren't doing good...but than after changing our manager we got better...so the fans started coming out...Pudge had nothing to do with it...he just helped out our team :)

the reason why vlad was important was because we would? show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man? or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

People care about winning... not because we have Vlad or not... it was proved with Pudge. No one came to watch until we won. EXACTLY...we had this covo. already...

The Marlins got Pudge to bring fans...but at first it didnt work because the Marlins weren't doing good...but than after changing our manager we got better...so the fans started coming out...Pudge had nothing to do with it...he just helped out our team :) I disagree.

Pudge didn't exactly bring people to the seats but he brought attention to the team.

The media thought it was a bad idea (Hank, Le Retard) but it worked out and the team got some attention.

But attention doesn't sell tickets.

No one even came until we got #35.

the reason why vlad was important was because we would? show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man? or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

The Marlins got Pudge to bring fans...but at first it didnt work because the Marlins weren't doing good...but than after changing our manager we got better...so the fans started coming out...Pudge had nothing to do with it...he just helped out our team :) I disagree.

Pudge didn't exactly bring people to the seats but he brought attention to the team.

The media thought it was a bad idea (Hank, Le Retard) but it worked out and the team got some attention.

But attention doesn't sell tickets.

No one even came until we got #35. we had a lot of attention at the beg. of the season when we were doing bad?

who cares? lets say they made a bunch of horrible deals ( which they DIDNT ) i wouldnt give a crap, you know why? im a fan of the team. most fans dealt with the 98-2000 era of Marlins baseball if you did too then you would know this team is not a bad one and will contend.

who cares? lets say they made a bunch of horrible deals ( which they DIDNT ) i wouldnt give a crap, you know why? im a fan of the team. most fans dealt with the 98-2000 era of Marlins baseball if you did too then you would know this team is not a bad one and will contend.

Amen to that....

Dissapointing off-season, where have you been Iraq? I know there it certainly hasn't been a dissapointing off season... ;)

Lowell is inked to a relatively cheap four year deal for someone coming off a career year, Castillo is inked for three, option for fourth....

We get a great prospect in Choi who has a chance to develop into a left-handed power hitter instead of Hollandsworth, who since his rookie season has been nothing more than a mediocre fourth outfielder with little left handed pop...

If you were a fan during the dark ages, you would say this has been the most succesful offseason ever...

i think most are judging our moves to the moves of the Phillies Yankees and Red Sox aka BIG MARKETS!

wake up. we are a small market team. Beinfest is doing what he can to keep us away from "bad contracts" yes D Lee is a good player but not a 7 million dollar player, yes looper is a good player but not a 4 million dollar player... small ball :lol

Look, the offseason is not over yet. A flood of FAs just entered the market, and Beinfest is well positioned to take advantage. If you just look at the players signed to date (including estimates for the arbys, and the Pudge/Hampton payment), our total salary is just above $50M.....with headroom to make a few more nice additions.

Let's see what the next two months bring. It is very good now, and will only get better. :thumbup

The only thing we NEED is a quality LHP (with Tejera in the Pen). Also, I'm sure we'll pick up another utility infielder. If Mordy were to pinch hit, we wouldn't have an emergency back-up for Alex and Luis. There will be plenty of negotiations and fine-tuning between now and Spring Training. And then there's Spring Training...

what for? we have castillo...anderson is not a multi position player

graffanino is a nice utility man

We have nobody that can back up Luis now that Andy is gone.

We can bring up Hooper, but...

And Graffinino has already been signed. who signed graffy?

we need a utility man...anderson does not fit that role --he may be a tad expensive for just a one position bench player

what for? we have castillo...anderson is not a multi position player

graffanino is a nice utility man

We have nobody that can back up Luis now that Andy is gone.

We can bring up Hooper, but...

And Graffinino has already been signed. who signed graffy?

we need a utility man...anderson does not fit that role --he may be a tad expensive for just a one position bench player i think the Royals signed Graff.....

and cant Mordy play every position possible

Last season the Expos had Guerrero and they didn't win. Last season the Braves had Lopez who had an outstanding season and they didn't win. Would adding Lopez make us stronger next season? Perhaps. Would Guerrero added to the team make us stronger? Certainly. But do you want an organization that is ALWAYS making decisions like it's the trade deadline in a pennant race?

The players we have signed are young and our core. The next few aeasons will hopefully bring us the likes of Abraham Nunez, Chip Ambres, Jason Stokes, Jeremy Hermida, etc.

If we could spend like the Yankees and financially afford mistakes such as too many years paid to Javy Lopez then I'd agree we had a poor off-season. But I am glad that our management is thinking as much about 2006 as they are 2004.