August 8th: Marlins @ Mets

FishFan95

Gonna be a tough game Sunday against deGrom, so let's take the series now with game 2.

Pitching match up:
NYM: David Peterson 1-1 3.86 ERA
MIA: TBD

So TBD gets another shot tonight. Hopefully there won't be another late scratch.

Stats to note:
The Marlins have never finished below .500 after a 7-1 start to the season. With 8 playoff teams that would likely make the playoffs in 2020.

• Like 1

if Alvarez is staying in the lineup for today's game i'd really love to see him get at least one big league hit.  I think it's pretty clear his bat is not going to play at this level but man, if an official save could go to a position player it would have been him last night. That was insane hops.

One other thing I've noticed in this young season - does it seem like our outfielders have no idea how to play a ball off the wall? It seems like they just charge right into the wall, even when there's no chance of making a catch.  Obviously hasn't hurt them in the results yet but I've noticed it a few times already. 

• Like 2

Got to see one of Castano's starts in Jax last year, excited to see how he does.  Never been a top prospect but had a really nice AA season.  Big lefty frame but you won't see a fastball like Mejia.  He's more of a control guy with good curve/offspeed stuff.  Does not walk batters.

Let's keep having that Ozuna trade pay dividends!

2 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

Got to see one of Castano's starts in Jax last year, excited to see how he does.  Never been a top prospect but had a really nice AA season.  Big frame but you won't see a big fastball like Mejia.  He's more of a control guy with good curve/offspeed stuff.  Does not walk batters.

Let's keep having that Ozuna trade pay dividends!

I like control guys. Pretty excited as well.