August 8th: Marlins @ Mets

Gonna be a tough game Sunday against deGrom, so let's take the series now with game 2.

Pitching match up:
NYM: David Peterson 1-1 3.86 ERA
MIA: TBD

So TBD gets another shot tonight. Hopefully there won't be another late scratch.

Stats to note:
The Marlins have never finished below .500 after a 7-1 start to the season. With 8 playoff teams that would likely make the playoffs in 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Keep it going! TBD for Cy Young

Hill would be all over that trade....considering Cy is dead so that qualifies him as a grizzled vet for sure

• Like 1

if Alvarez is staying in the lineup for today's game i'd really love to see him get at least one big league hit.  I think it's pretty clear his bat is not going to play at this level but man, if an official save could go to a position player it would have been him last night. That was insane hops.

One other thing I've noticed in this young season - does it seem like our outfielders have no idea how to play a ball off the wall? It seems like they just charge right into the wall, even when there's no chance of making a catch.  Obviously hasn't hurt them in the results yet but I've noticed it a few times already. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hovertical said:

I think it's pretty clear

Ain't nothing clear in just three baseball games. Heck, even Mike Trout was under a .700 OPS in his first 40 big league games. I love Eddy, and he ain't no Mike Trout, but that don't mean he can't hit his weight neither.

Got to see one of Castano's starts in Jax last year, excited to see how he does.  Never been a top prospect but had a really nice AA season.  Big lefty frame but you won't see a fastball like Mejia.  He's more of a control guy with good curve/offspeed stuff.  Does not walk batters.

Let's keep having that Ozuna trade pay dividends!

2 minutes ago, Hotcorner said:

Got to see one of Castano's starts in Jax last year, excited to see how he does.  Never been a top prospect but had a really nice AA season.  Big frame but you won't see a big fastball like Mejia.  He's more of a control guy with good curve/offspeed stuff.  Does not walk batters.

Let's keep having that Ozuna trade pay dividends!

I like control guys. Pretty excited as well.

Just now, miamibaseball said:

heat play same time so some maybe watching two game same time or heat game

Need a second screen like a tablet or laptop for times like this