8/22 Nationals @ Marlins Doubleheader Game 2

Just now, rmc523 said:

I was very confused as to why we're in Washington batting in the bottom of the 6th.

Still don't understand that batting 1st/2nd thing with the doubleheaders.

This is one of the makeup games from the home series with Washington that got postponed. That's all. Not necessarily a double header rule, has just happened to work out that way so far.

Fuck the shift...That's been a hit my whole life, but not anymore. You see it come off the bat, get excited, and somehow the damn third baseman is catching a ground in right field. It's looking like Cricket out there these days

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Fuck the shift...That's been a hit my whole life, but not anymore. You see it come off the bat, get excited, and somehow the damn third baseman is catching a ground in right field. It's looking like Cricket out there these days

I hate it too. It’s crazy how different the game is from 10-20 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

This is one of the makeup games from the home series with Washington that got postponed. That's all. Not necessarily a double header rule, has just happened to work out that way so far.

Ah I see.  The "home" team even though it doesn't count for home stats lol.

1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

What do you mean?

This game we're batting 2nd.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Ah I see.  The "home" team even though it doesn't count for home stats lol.

This game we're batting 2nd.

Yeah it’s just because our game in Miami was postponed and they are making it up now. 

Just now, GuitarPik said:

Why? He’s really bad. 

It's fine to criticize but why not root for him to succeed rather than saying "he's wasting a roster spot"?

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Y'all really need to chill on the Brinson hate.

It's not hate, the dude seems like a very nice guy. But he's done nothing in the past 2.5 years to prove he should be on a major league team.

Just now, Michael said:

It's fine to criticize but why not root for him to succeed rather than saying "he's wasting a roster spot"?

Well, I’d love for him to succeed. I didn’t say that, but I kind of have to agree with it at this point. Send him to Jupiter and let him work on shit. We’re trying to win now. 

• Like 1

It's not hate, the dude seems like a very nice guy. But he's done nothing in the past 2.5 years to prove he should be on a major league team.

I'm willing to give him more time this year due to his improved approach, but I understand the desire for results.

Just now, Michael said:

I do root for him, and I was even one of the idiots thinking that he turned it around this spring, and that he cut down his strikeouts by a lot (I'm sure you can see my posts from those days). But it's obvious that nothing at all has changed and that the poor guy is lost at the plate. If you're hitting with your mind then you're just making it harder for yourself. Expect something, protect against the opposite pitch and hit the ball. If you're in the majors and can't tell a ball from a strike or make consistent contact then it's not a place for you. It sucks cause he's nice and we gave up an NL mvp for him, but it's just the facts.

Just now, Michael said:

I'm willing to give him more time this year due to his improved approach, but I understand the desire for results.

He has hit a lot of balls hard just right at people.

12 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

But with this bullpen, every inning that you expose them to is dangerous. I still belive they should have gone with Sixto for the bottom of the lineup

Why let the Nats see the bullpen so much? They aren't going to see Sixto again this series, but they will probably see Boxberger or Kintzler tomorrow or Monday.

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Why let the Nats see the bullpen so much? They aren't going to see Sixto again this series, but they will probably see Boxberger or Kintzler tomorrow or Monday.

I agree, another good point there

I do root for him, and I was even one of the idiots thinking that he turned it around this spring, and that he cut down his strikeouts by a lot (I'm sure you can see my posts from those days). But it's obvious that nothing at all has changed and that the poor guy is lost at the plate. If you're hitting with your mind then you're just making it harder for yourself. Expect something, protect against the opposite pitch and hit the ball. If you're in the majors and can't tell a ball from a strike or make consistent contact then it's not a place for you. It sucks cause he's nice and we gave up an NL mvp for him, but it's just the facts.

I agree about the "hitting with your mind" portion of this post, for sure. Overall he has done a lot better not chasing bad pitches this year and tracking them in. I mostly think his timing is just off right now and it's not as easy to get it back only getting half the at bats - plus he's run into some really bad luck with the balls he has hit hard thus far.

All a moot point, really, cause I'm sure once Harold and Cooper are ready, he'll indeed be going back to Jupiter.

• Banana 1