9/14 - Phillies at Marlins - 4:10 PM

Just now, SirFishFan said:

I just visited discoverlancaster.com.

It makes the whole town look like it's just one big Amish farm..

Lancaster used to be a great place to live in, but a lot of bar businesses closed down (I host trivia and karaoke) in recent years and cost of living has skyrocketed.  Where I used to live (just outside the city limits), you could go 5 minutes one way and find yourself downtown in the city, and go 5 minutes the other way and you're in Amish country... The movie Witness with Harrison Ford was filmed in parts of the area

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I haven't been to Lancaster in about 10 years. I miss going to Shady Maple, I believe that isn't part of Lancaster but it was always a place to go while in the area. Monday night's All You Can Eat Steak Night was killer!

Shady Maple is a bit of a drive for people in Lancaster. Shady Maple, Good & Plenty and Smokehouse were good places to go.  Henry Winkler "The Fonz" ate at Smokehouse a year ago.  I used to live a minute from Dutch Wonderland

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

joyce swinging away again for the 2nd ab in a row and not making contact. what a treat.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Joyce can be kind of annoying

Good for one good at bat per game. That's it.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I never went there but I used to play mini golf at the course that was across the street from it at one point

That is long gone.  I think it was at the Lancaster Host which is also gone.  The mini golf course is now down the road past the outlets and the Fulton Steamboat Hotel &  Restaurant

Edited by CyggyMarlin
Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

That is long gone.  I think it was at the Lancaster Host which is also gone.  The golf course is now down the road past the outlets and the Fulton Steamboat Hotel &  Restaurant

Yeah I think that mini golf course across from dutch wonderland originally was called Running Pump

5 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Lancaster used to be a great place to live in, but a lot of bar businesses closed down (I host trivia and karaoke) in recent years and cost of living has skyrocketed.  Where I used to live (just outside the city limits), you could go 5 minutes one way and find yourself downtown in the city, and go 5 minutes the other way and you're in Amish country... The movie Witness with Harrison Ford was filmed in parts of the area

Sad story.. You hear that same description about so many cities these days.. Well, at least we all have memories of 15-25 years ago.. Good times.. 😂

on a non-jizz note, I don't know if any of you look at the 'power rankings' on ESPN very often for fun but they're really insulting the Marlins right now with their most recent slop.  They have the Marlins at 19th...behind the Brewers, Reds, Cardinals, Giants, METS (16th), and Phillies (13th)