9/14 - Phillies at Marlins - 4:10 PM

Admin

51 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They really aren't considering pushing Pablo back a day and giving this one to Neidert? I still love Pablo but this just seems like a smarter move, like those gut decision moves Jack made in 03 that seemingly always worked.

Probably short leash. With Velasquez on the opposite side, this game will never really be out of reach.

As great as taking 4 of the first 6 in this series was, I think today's game is more important than people realize. 4 of 7 is a success but we gotta start really keeping opponents down. 5 of 7 would do just that and start booting the Phillies aside. Donnie better be ready to pull out all the stops in this one. He should ask the umps if it's ok for Neidert to grab a chair and sit right behind the mound so that he can relieve Pablo quickly if needed.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

They really aren't considering pushing Pablo back a day and giving this one to Neidert? I still love Pablo but this just seems like a smarter move, like those gut decision moves Jack made in 03 that seemingly always worked.

I've seen research on pitchers throwing with an extra day of rest. I can't remember where -- Tom Tango? But the results weren't good. It apparently throws the pitcher's routine out of whack.

I'm fine with Neidert staying invisible until, say, Ureña's next scheduled start...

Edited by Photo-Realistic Billy

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I've seen research on pitchers throwing with an extra day of rest. I can't remember where -- Tom Tango? But the results weren't good. It apparently throws the pitcher's routine out of whack.

I'm fine with Neidert staying invisible until, say, Ureña's next scheduled start...

And Wallach is catching him today so might be alright.