9/25: Fish Team at New York Bronx Team

5 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Game 2 of the double header will feature Chris Paddack. So that trade could actually do the first good thing for us and clinch a playoff berth.

Looks like they flipped the starters. It will be Paddack for game 1 and Lamet for game 2.

MLB.com in a preview of this series: "How wild would it be if the Yankees eliminated Derek Jeter's team on the final weekend?"

Why can't the narrative be the opposite? "How wild would it be if Derek Jeter's team clinched vs the Yankees on the final weekend?" 

Even with any anti Marlins and pro Yankees bias I would think the second option is the better story especially since it's the likelier scenario. Also, in Yankee Stadium with Mattingly managing and Stanton playing for the Yankees, I think this is more a Marlins story than a Yankees story.

25 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Kinda jealous but I'm glad, Wallach deserved that treat with the amazing game he has last night! 

Edit: wait nevermind I think I misinterpreted this post. 

Nah you were right the first time 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

MLB.com in a preview of this series: "How wild would it be if the Yankees eliminated Derek Jeter's team on the final weekend?"

Why can't the narrative be the opposite? "How wild would it be if Derek Jeter's team clinched vs the Yankees on the final weekend?" 

Even with any anti Marlins and pro Yankees bias I would think the second option is the better story especially since it's the likelier scenario. Also, in Yankee Stadium with Mattingly managing and Stanton playing for the Yankees, I think this is more a Marlins story than a Yankees story.

On MLBnow this was the same conversation. It really is absurd. So one reporter writes a lazy story...tv personalities repeat it. 

Cheap. Easy. Content.

Reminds me of the clickbait I use to write for an insurance company.

With all the strange coincidences you would think the narrative/angle would write itself. Perhaps they just don't have the writers willing to do it?

I can't imagine permanent vacation Frisaro handling that...he is a spiritless teleprompter...that guy is just cashing a check. 

I am curious what the playoffs will look like if they can seal the deal. And if this will wake up the dormant fan base.

Edited by Major-Minor
Spelling

Frisaro has his faults but he's nothing like that, he does know the Marlins story and reports it accurately. 

And about MLB Network this question came up last week, I still don't get why they're so off on this. They're not the oblivious local news sports reporter. They deeply cover MLB 24/7, it's literally their job. They do know the stories and most of their broadcasters seem to enjoy discussing it when they do. Feels like a network decision to touch on it quickly and then carry on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Idc what he did last night, he’s a shitty hitter overall Jackson!

I think that's a fair complaint, and really, I believe Alfaro is the guy with the high ceiling here. But in all fairness, Wallach has been living on part-time play for years now. Last time he got regular playing time, he was hitting the piss out of the ball for the Reds minor league teams. It's hard to hit well when you're not playing regularly.

But the bigger issue here is Alfaro appears to have taken a big ol step back defensively this year -- can't block, can't frame, can't throw out runners -- and that big beautiful offensive ceiling remains an enigma.

I think Alfaro is still who you start in 2021. But this weekend? I'd start Wallach.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Frisaro has his faults but he's nothing like that, he does know the Marlins story and reports it accurately. 

And about MLB Network this question came up last week, I still don't get why they're so off on this. They're not the oblivious local news sports reporter. They deeply cover MLB 24/7, it's literally their job. They do know the stories and most of their broadcasters seem to enjoy discussing it when they do. Feels like a network decision to touch on it quickly and then carry on. 

Just looked at that article - they are ranking the Phil's series as more important. 

Just feels like missing out on a "moment" because they didn't trust Marlins had it in them. Whose responsibility is it to get us covered, right?

As far as Frisaro, maybe I should readjust my statement given the spirit of the day and the fact I went for a "liner" rather than a point...the most energy ive seen from him is spent on combating tweets. He isn't really breaking news and i feel just spitting recycled stories.  He gives me a real Mike Francesa vibe...where I feel like I'm supposed to be thanking him.

Ultimately, As an insider goes...don't you feel on the outside with him? 

I will say...he seemed a little invigorated with COVID.

Regardless this is a great day and I am sorry for pooing the guy without any validation to why I felt that way.

Frisaro is just the daily beat reporter so he follows them daily and reports daily news and general thoughts. He's not much deeper than that though I'm not sure if he's supposed to be some kind of crazy insider. He's more like a narrator, gives you the general daily information. But he does know what's going on. 

• Like 1

Also Frisaro sometimes get ripped for writing lame articles but those are required articles of his job, you can tell because those articles appear for all 30 teams from all 30 writers on the same day. So it's more like a school assignment and they're all told "write this article and post it on this day." 

• Like 1

Phillies are underway in Tampa Bay. Their 30 min start before us could mean that it will end before ours and the right combination of events could have us celebrating on the field rather than the visiting clubhouse in New York.

Games with direct implications to the Marlins tonight:

PHI vs TB
SF vs SD (2 games)
MIL vs STL (2 games)
BOS vs ATL
CIN vs MIN
CHC vs CHW
NYM vs WAS

Indirect implications:

BAL vs TOR

keep an eye on these games tonight!

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

What's with this whack-ass practically-in-left-center-field off-center camera?

Fuck I wish you wouldn’t have said that cuz I didn’t even notice it at first. Now it’s annoying me.