MLB to launch league for Draft prospects

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

There is a chance they won't be paid? Wtf

They would still technically be high school or college athletes, so ... 🤷‍♂️ as far as I'm understanding. 

Which makes me wonder - will there be separate levels between high school and college players doing this league or are they all lumped into one? Will it be exclusively collegiate athletes? Lots of questions to still be answered.

Also imagine having to play a full season in college, potentially 70+ games, and then play another 70 game season right after. Some of the players would be used to it due to year round travel ball, but others might fade out in this league.

The new format affirms MLB’s commitment to the region and assures that communities of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey will continue to host high-caliber baseball and future Major Leaguers for years to come.

Williamsport Crosscutters!!... Not too far from here

28 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

The new format affirms MLB’s commitment to the region and assures that communities of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New Jersey will continue to host high-caliber baseball and future Major Leaguers for years to come.

Williamsport Crosscutters!!... Not too far from here

Ohio and Pennsylvania will be hosting future major leaguers? Does this confirm that the Reds, the Phillies, and Cleveland are getting relegated?

4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

getting relegated?

I know what being relegated means now because I watched Season 1 of Ted Lasso where they explained that.

First time I've been able to use that knowledge since watching it.

14 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Ohio and Pennsylvania will be hosting future major leaguers? Does this confirm that the Reds, the Phillies, and Cleveland are getting relegated?

Well the Pirates are currently a AAA team and the Phillies appear to be heading that way as well.