Pitchers and Catchers Report

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Is there a TV deal in place so that I can actually watch The Adam Duvall Show?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article249450195.html

A Fox Sports Florida spokesperson said “we don’t anticipate televising any Marlins spring training games on Fox Sports Florida. However, that could change and we would announce any potential Spring Training additions to our broadcast schedule next month.”

Active negotiations are ongoing, but the TV deal is expected to be finalized in time for Fox to carry early regular-season games in April, though considerable contractual work must be done before the April 1 opener against Tampa Bay. The Marlins have assured that their regular season games will be available on television this season.

3 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Lol! Folks around here are like, "If he's not a starter, he's fired!" Seriously, y'all, nothing's wrong with having a toolsy backup catcher or 4th outfielder (Brinson). It's not like they have to go to Alcatraz if they aren't starting 150 games! 😂

I said that if we acquire a starting catcher by this time next year.  I have a higher premium on the most coveted position is all.  

You kinda need 4 or 5 outfielders, the Brinson(s) are going to be more necessary. 

As for the toolsy topic. I personally like prospects that show they are special at one craft, rather than an average jack of all trades type.

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just hope Miggy Ro would be a Marlins for his remaining career, just can't imagine him wearing the jerseys of other teams. 

Things could change but right now it sure feels like he's gonna be a Marlin for life now. He'll probably sign up as a utility guy for another season or two then hang em up and immediately switch to a coaching role here. He's the perfect veteran for this new phase and would be an excellent coach here as well. 

• Like 3
On 2/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, SonOfJack said:

Well, I'm aroused.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

You don't have to imagine it, the pics already exist.

image.png

15 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It’s from my personal spank bank

We've learned so much about @SonOfJack the last couple of days..

• Haha 3