Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitchers and Catchers Report

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I need to back out of this thread... WHere's an Escape Plan whn you need one?

 Cobra...retreat!!

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

3 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I need to back out of this thread... WHere's an Escape Plan whn you need one?

Not sure about stopping everything in this thread, but we could at least stall one part. 

5 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Not sure about stopping everything in this thread, but we could at least stall one part. 

I guess we could so we don't have to lock up this thread

22 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Agreed, fireable offense if you ask me.

Any wooden fence is fireable.

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Well, I'm aroused.

Aw, good to see Sandy Leon again. Can't hit for shit but he's a great catcher and from all reports, a great teammate 

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Aw, good to see Sandy Leon again. Can't hit for shit but he's a great catcher and from all reports, a great teammate 

It wouldn't surprise me if he beats out Wallach 

49 minutes ago, Iowa said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he beats out Wallach 

That wouldn't be very appropriate but hey whatever it takes to fit in on his new club. 

Kinda hard to beat out wallach when some of our SP are wanting to pitch to him specifically.  

But we’ll see I guess. 

 

53 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Kinda hard to beat out wallach when some of our SP are wanting to pitch to him specifically.  

But we’ll see I guess. 

 

Also heard last season some pitchers don't like to pitch to Alfaro, I just not sure it's true or not. 

35 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Also heard last season some pitchers don't like to pitch to Alfaro, I just not sure it's true or not. 

Well the pitching stats are favorable with Wallach.

Leon is not here to replace wallach. They both are bad hitters so what’s the point.  IMO, it’s insurance if Alfaro doesn’t get his act together.  

Maybe Leon is just a spring training body just to get the arms prepped for game day  

 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

12 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Well the pitching stats are favorable with Wallach.

Leon is not here to replace wallach. They both are bad hitters so what’s the point.  IMO, it’s insurance if Alfaro doesn’t get his act together.  

Maybe Leon is just a spring training body just to get our arms prepped for game day  

 

I hope we sign Molina to mentor Alfaro, I believe Leon can play that role, too. 

Just now, taiwanmarlin said:

I hope we sign Molina to mentor Alfaro, I believe Leon can play that role, too. 

Molina signed a one year deal with the cardinals.  For around 9 mill.  I think. 

2 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Molina signed a one year deal with the cardinals.  For around 9 mill.  I think. 

Of course I know he comes back to Cardinals, I wish we sign him to mentor Alfaro when he's available but now I think Leon should be able to play that role. 

33 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Of course I know he comes back to Cardinals, I wish we sign him to mentor Alfaro when he's available but now I think Leon should be able to play that role. 

Oh...my bad.  I think by next year at this time we will have our starting catcher either through FA or trade.   Alfaro has this year to improve. I don’t see why he should return if he doesn’t.  Anyway, Molina would focus on the pitching staff not Alfaro.  If Alfaro wants to improve he needs to do the same thing.  

8 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I don’t see why he should return if he doesn’t.

Lol! Folks around here are like, "If he's not a starter, he's fired!" Seriously, y'all, nothing's wrong with having a toolsy backup catcher or 4th outfielder (Brinson). It's not like they have to go to Alcatraz if they aren't starting 150 games! 😂

On 2/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, taiwanmarlin said:

He said us.

Going to be difficult when your ownership are bigger penny pinchers than Loria.  At least Loria spent money like a drunken sailor every few years (only to quickly realize he fucked up). 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.