Jump to content

Marlins Park Health Protocols Announced


Recommended Posts


I appreciate the thought but it's gonna be real hard to stick to those staggered entry times. They could stagger the entry times every fifteen minutes before game time but I'm sure a bunch of people still are gonna show up twenty minutes before game time and then they'll have to let them in. It's not like you can turn away someone who missed their designated entry time. If you really care about your entry time you'll adhere to it but there will be a swarm of latecomers no matter what and they won't be able to enforce this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

I appreciate the thought but it's gonna be real hard to stick to those staggered entry times. They could stagger the entry times every fifteen minutes before game time but I'm sure a bunch of people still are gonna show up twenty minutes before game time and then they'll have to let them in. It's not like you can turn away someone who missed their designated entry time. If you really care about your entry time you'll adhere to it but there will be a swarm of latecomers no matter what and they won't be able to enforce this.

Yeah the entry time thing is stupid. I'm the kind of guy that gets there as early as they possibly let me so I can catch batting practice. I'm not gonna let them tell me my "time" is 30 mins before the game. I'm getting in that line early one way or another because as you said, until around 30-45 mins before the game, those gate lines are pretty much empty and you can walk right through especially with the electronic tickets making it quick. Unless you get to pick your time but that's stupid as well. It's miami, half the people are on Cuban time and will miss their time even if they planned on adhering to it. I give that particular protocal 1-5 home games before they switch that up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah the entry time thing is stupid. I'm the kind of guy that gets there as early as they possibly let me so I can catch batting practice. I'm not gonna let them tell me my "time" is 30 mins before the game. I'm getting in that line early one way or another because as you said, until around 30-45 mins before the game, those gate lines are pretty much empty and you can walk right through especially with the electronic tickets making it quick. Unless you get to pick your time but that's stupid as well. It's miami, half the people are on Cuban time and will miss their time even if they planned on adhering to it. I give that particular protocal 1-5 home games before they switch that up

Agreed... though I can see it sticking around for two reasons, 1) part of health and safety protocls is just to say they are doing things so they kinda have to maintain it for as long as possible even if they aren't strictly adhered to....

And 2) there will be some people who do want to adhere to this so it will always be available for them... a serious fan who likes to get there early will continue doing that... a constant latecomer will continue doing that... but a casual fan who is only going to a couple of games a year and has serious concerns about safety protocols for whatever reason will stick to their specific entry time because they feel more comfortable doing so. So you gotta leave it in place for them. Let everyone else deal with not following along but someone will.

You did bring up a great point though. I was thinking about people on Cuban time who show up late but I hadn't thought about people who like arriving early trying to come before their entry time. I could see them trying to enforce that because you got there too early. Then again, this should be brought up because getting there early probably is better for health and safety protocols so a true baseball fan who wants to be there when the gates open should actually be encouraged to do so because it's good for health and safety and because, well, they're real fans so it's good for the team. If this is mentioned to the team I don't see why they wouldn't allow early arrivers the chance to select the earliest entry time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Agreed... though I can see it sticking around for two reasons, 1) part of health and safety protocls is just to say they are doing things so they kinda have to maintain it for as long as possible even if they aren't strictly adhered to....

And 2) there will be some people who do want to adhere to this so it will always be available for them... a serious fan who likes to get there early will continue doing that... a constant latecomer will continue doing that... but a casual fan who is only going to a couple of games a year and has serious concerns about safety protocols for whatever reason will stick to their specific entry time because they feel more comfortable doing so. So you gotta leave it in place for them. Let everyone else deal with not following along but someone will.

You did bring up a great point though. I was thinking about people on Cuban time who show up late but I hadn't thought about people who like arriving early trying to come before their entry time. I could see them trying to enforce that because you got there too early. Then again, this should be brought up because getting there early probably is better for health and safety protocols so a true baseball fan who wants to be there when the gates open should actually be encouraged to do so because it's good for health and safety and because, well, they're real fans so it's good for the team. If this is mentioned to the team I don't see why they wouldn't allow early arrivers the chance to select the earliest entry time.

Oh for sureeee I know 99% of these businesses are only putting in these regulations cause they're scared some guy in a suit is gonna shut them down for "covid violations". So yeah, they will do something that addresses the lines and entry, but I just feel like this particular iteration of it is going to get a lot of friction and probably gets modified.

For example, walmart started with the metered lines and some one at the door counting people going in and going out and only opening one particular exit (which is a whole other stupid thing in my opinion to funnel everyone in one door and to stand on the same spot as 5000 other people but I digress) Once the goons stopped eyeballing them then now they opened up every entrance, including the garden area, and have no one at the doors counting. So yeah it'll be here a few games but the "time" slots will go away pretty soon I guarantee it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Oh for sureeee I know 99% of these businesses are only putting in these regulations cause they're scared some guy in a suit is gonna shut them down for "covid violations". So yeah, they will do something that addresses the lines and entry, but I just feel like this particular iteration of it is going to get a lot of friction and probably gets modified.

For example, walmart started with the metered lines and some one at the door counting people going in and going out and only opening one particular exit (which is a whole other stupid thing in my opinion to funnel everyone in one door and to stand on the same spot as 5000 other people but I digress) Once the goons stopped eyeballing them then now they opened up every entrance, including the garden area, and have no one at the doors counting. So yeah it'll be here a few games but the "time" slots will go away pretty soon I guarantee it.

Yea you're right. The one I never understood from day one was shopping in one direction in the aisles. Does the virus only travel in one direction at a time?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea you're right. The one I never understood from day one was shopping in one direction in the aisles. Does the virus only travel in one direction at a time?

I think the idea was that you're not passing people, ignoring the fact that you're going to pass someone going the same direction.

 

Reality is it's all BS to make it look like places are doing things.  Placebo affects, if you will.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea you're right. The one I never understood from day one was shopping in one direction in the aisles. Does the virus only travel in one direction at a time?

Don’t even get me started! Lol or when you stand up you’re a public safety hazard and need a mask, but once you sit down to eat at your table, everyone else in that Applebee’s is safe from your cooties 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Don’t even get me started! Lol or when you stand up you’re a public safety hazard and need a mask, but once you sit down to eat at your table, everyone else in that Applebee’s is safe from your cooties 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes, everyone knows COVID only exists at 66 inches or higher in the air.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Don’t even get me started! Lol or when you stand up you’re a public safety hazard and need a mask, but once you sit down to eat at your table, everyone else in that Applebee’s is safe from your cooties 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Cooties? I thought we were fighting COVID-19? If it's cooties we can get everyone vaccinated immediately because when I was in 2nd grade I learned how to give the cootie shot and it's super easy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Cooties? I thought we were fighting COVID-19? If it's cooties we can get everyone vaccinated immediately because when I was in 2nd grade I learned how to give the cootie shot and it's super easy!

You’re a fucking Hero, bullet! I’ll email Jeter and let them know to cancel the Lysol partnership and just put you at gate H so you can pinch the fans

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

She probably had a different strain.

It was my fault. I was a dumb kid. My friends told me to make sure to get the cootie shot and a girl overheard them and offered to do it for me. My dumb ass accepted not realizing the implications of that.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

It was my fault. I was a dumb kid. My friends told me to make sure to get the cootie shot and a girl overheard them and offered to do it for me. My dumb ass accepted not realizing the implications of that.

She was a super spreader, or so I've heard.

  • Banana 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

The cootie shot didn't work because a girl in my school gave me the shot and therefore gave me cooties at the same time.

a girl touch you ? hooray !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...