4/17 Giants vs. Marlins - 6:10 pm

Marlins playing game 2 of the three game weekend series vs. the Giants.

The Marlins ace Sandy Alcantara, will be starting his fourth game of the regular season and is looking for his first win after three solid starts to begin the season. Entering the game, Sandy is currently in the top 10 in the NL in Strikeouts, WHIP and lowest Batting Average Against.

After missing all of the 2020 season recovering from a torn right capsule in his shoulder, former 2016 All Star, Aaron Sanchez, who signed with San Francisco as a free agent in Feburary, will be taking the mound for the Giants.

Let's keep building momentum and continue this homestand off strong!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

Let's flip the M and win the series!

A Marlins win today will get them to .500 for the first time all season!

Although, if they don't win today, I'll still be happy if they win tomorrow to win the series and they can get to .500 next week against the Orioles.

A series sweep over the Giants would would fine as well! 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

anyone else notice how poorly Bally's has been doing with keeping track of in-game stats on their graphic?  They constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, fail to update the count in a timely fashion, fail at keep tabs at which bases have runners on, and man, seeing walks represented as W drives me nuts.  There's literally nowhere else that uses a W to represent walks.  They don't even always keep the number of outs correct.  You'd think this wouldn't be a challenging task considered how many DECADES these sorts of things have existed for tv.  It's truly horrendous.  I don't know if it's JUST for the Marlins games or if it goes both ways.  The wife and I will be watching the Giants feed today though because we stopped listening to Hollytime  awhile ago (no volume at all - also how we've come to really notice how poorly Bally's is doing with keeping the in-game stuff updated).  I listened in for a bit yesterday to the Giants guys and they didn't seem too bad.  Braves announces are worse than Hollytime and have an air of snobbishness.  I think the Nats guys are the same way if I remember from previous seasons.

Anyway.  Here's to keeping Miami a house of horrors for the Giants! 

Let's get another streak going with another win!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hovertical said:

anyone else notice how poorly Bally's has been doing with keeping track of in-game stats on their graphic?  They constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, fail to update the count in a timely fashion, fail at keep tabs at which bases have runners on, and man, seeing walks represented as W drives me nuts.  There's literally nowhere else that uses a W to represent walks.  They don't even always keep the number of outs correct.  You'd think this wouldn't be a challenging task considered how many DECADES these sorts of things have existed for tv.  It's truly horrendous.  I don't know if it's JUST for the Marlins games or if it goes both ways.  The wife and I will be watching the Giants feed today though because we stopped listening to Hollytime  awhile ago (no volume at all - also how we've come to really notice how poorly Bally's is doing with keeping the in-game stuff updated).  I listened in for a bit yesterday to the Giants guys and they didn't seem too bad.  Braves announces are worse than Hollytime and have an air of snobbishness.  I think the Nats guys are the same way if I remember from previous seasons.

Anyway.  Here's to keeping Miami a house of horrors for the Giants! 

Let's get another streak going with another win!

I made the joke on these forums the other day, that it sometimes feels like due to everything that happened last year, they had to lay off their regular graphics guy and hired some intern(s) to do the graphics to save money, and those new people they hired aren't baseball fans or very experienced with live tv, or both. Either that or maybe they have less staff this year than in the past and maybe the graphics guy has to do a lot of things at once.

Whatever is the reason, I have definitely noticed a change this season with the new graphics on the screen. The other day, for example, they showed that a runner was at first base, when the bases were empty, and it wasn't just for a minute, it was for a whole at bat, and I guess nobody working the graphics noticed it. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I made the joke on these forums the other day, that it sometimes feels like due to everything that happened last year, they had to lay off their regular graphics guy and hired some intern(s) to do the graphics to save money, and those new people they hired aren't baseball fans or very experienced with live tv, or both. Either that or maybe they have less staff this year than in the past and maybe the graphics guy has to do a lot of things at once.

Whatever is the reason, I have definitely noticed a change this season with the new graphics on the screen. The other day, for example, they showed that a runner was at first base, when the bases were empty, and it wasn't just for a minute, it was for a whole at bat, and I guess nobody working the graphics noticed it. 😂

yep, they did the same thing the other day with a guy a second.  there was literally NOBODY on second for the last two outs although it was on the graphic.

• Like 1