1 minute ago, Ema2R said:

Ok, now activate Andy. Hope Jazzy, Marte, Alfaro follow. Lets sweep the dbacks!

Could definitely see Andy and maybe Alfaro back this week.

Jazz at the end of it, too cause I think it'll have been 10 days.

No idea on Marte.

Posted (edited)

Worst year ever to lose all of our starting players, we have a shot at this division if healthy. 

But instead we have to watch a roster where like 40% of the guys belong in the majors because everyone is injured.

Edited by Erick

I don't blame Trevor, he was off his game but it wasn't a blow-out and Zimmerman always kills us.  Hard to win when Don trots that POS line-up out there with a day off coming....   Looking forward to the day when the FO finally realizes that Monte and Brinson are AAA players.  

11-16 on the year. *Sigh*  Not getting any younger.  Before I die, I would like to see just ONE division title from this franchise after all these years.  This year ain't looking like it.  

Chad Wallach, Sandy Leon, Jose Devers, Isan Diaz, Lewis Brinson, Monte Harrison, Magnerius Sierra

Paul Campbell starting major league games.

And a few guys in the bullpen that can be considered too.

Guys who do not belong in the show, but we’re stuck with them on the roster right now.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

DFA cooper

Do you honestly think he's that bad?  He's in a funk but he's shown in the past that he can hit.

6 minutes ago, Erick said:

Chad Wallach, Sandy Leon, Jose Devers, Isan Diaz, Lewis Brinson, Monte Harrison, Magnerius Sierra

Paul Campbell starting major league games.

And a few guys in the bullpen that can be considered too.

Guys who do not belong in the show, but we’re stuck with them on the roster right now.

To be fair, Wallach and Sandy are just like most back up catchers in MLB.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Do you honestly think he's that bad?  He's in a funk but he's shown in the past that he can hit.

No one is hitting right now except for Aggy.  Mounting it all on Cooper every single AB when it could be a pervasive problem that stems more from coaching. 

24 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

He’s shown he can hit in a small ass sample size. This guy is not a proven hitter but for some reasons it seems like he is?

2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

He’s shown he can hit in a small ass sample size. This guy is not a proven hitter but for some reasons it seems like he is?

No one ever said he was a proven hitter, but he has shown he can hit.  

5 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I think he gets a pass more than most because he’s a former yank 

Guarantee that has nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

Cooper has proven to be a major league caliber hitter over 700 plate appearances at the big league level. He probably shouldn’t be starting every day, but he’s not a bad hitter.

Compared to some of the other guys I mentioned in the thread, he’s a Hall of Famer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

DFA cooper

I really don't understand this line of thinking.  As if he's that bad.

Even if he was, there are several other candidates in today's lineup that'd be well above him on a DFA list.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I really don't understand this line of thinking.  As if he's that bad.

Even if he was, there are several other candidates in today's lineup that'd be well above him on a DFA list.

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

Cooper has proven to be a major league caliber hitter over 700 plate appearances at the big league level. He probably shouldn’t be starting every day, but he’s not a bad hitter.

Compared to some of the other guys I mentioned in the thread, he’s a Hall of Famer.

Forgot he was on the 2019 team 🤡

his k rate way up this year too🤢 

I'm glad I made the right decision and took the wife out to buy her some patio furniture instead of watching another awful game from our low A offense.  With Scherzer on the mound I figured it would be an automatic loss anyway even those sweeps are typically hard to get no matter how crap one of the two teams are. 

Last I heard Marte said it was still too sore to swing so I'm guessing he's going to be out at least another month-ish?  Front office needs to invest in a quality FA bat this offseason because wasting all these pitching performances is criminal.  At this point there's literally no point in keeping Bleday down any longer.   I guarantee you he won't be any worse than whoever they send back and he can start getting regular at bats now. 

• Like 2

I would like to see Brinson & Isan remain on the team when Jazz, Dickerson & Marte return.  Sending them down will only delay the process of how we move on into next year.  They can get plenty of opportunities with rest days ect. Send Devers down along with Sierra and bring Bleday up so we can see how to approach our needs next yr in FA.  

Im not saying this year is over, but we should use this to move ahead in some degree. 

10 minutes ago, FishFry said:

I would like to see Brinson & Isan remain on the team when Jazz, Dickerson & Marte return.  Sending them down will only delay the process of how we move on into next year.  They can get plenty of opportunities with rest days ect. Send Devers down along with Sierra and bring Bleday up so we can see how to approach our needs next yr in FA.  

Im not saying this year is over, but we should use this to move ahead in some degree. 

Brinson and Isan have got to earn those spots this week. If they perform poorly, send em to Jacksonville where they can get full playing time and try to work on what they have to fix (yet again). I honestly think with those two it's more mental than anything.

Besides, Brinson doesn't have another option after this year, so it won't delay any process of moving into next year as he's concerned. Isan still has options, still won't delay any process of moving on next year. Either they perform or they don't. Jazz has second locked down for now and we have about 35 more outfield options.

Devers yes, send him down - clearly overmatched at the moment.

Sierra has to be DFA'd, can't be outright sent down. Not against it, though!

Let Bleday get at least a month at AA before bringing him up.

I'm with you, though, we should definitely start moving ahead and this team will most likely look very different in the next 5 to 8 eights.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Brinson and Isan probably aren’t a part of the long-term plan, especially Brinson.

This shouldn’t be a tryout, we still have a chance to do some things this year. The rest of our division is playing just as bad, and every team in the division has weaknesses.

7 minutes ago, Erick said:

Brinson and Isan probably aren’t a part of the long-term plan, especially Brinson.

This shouldn’t be a tryout, we still have a chance to do some things this year. The rest of our division is playing just as bad, and every team in the division has weaknesses.

this is irritating because everyone else has played so poorly and the pitching has been there that if they even fielded an average offense they'd likely be at .500 at this juncture. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

this is irritating because everyone else has played so poorly and the pitching has been there that if they even fielded an average offense they'd likely be at .500 at this juncture. 

I'd even say above it, really.