5/2 Post Game Thread

25 minutes ago, Erick said:

Brinson and Isan probably aren’t a part of the long-term plan, especially Brinson.

This shouldn’t be a tryout, we still have a chance to do some things this year. The rest of our division is playing just as bad, and every team in the division has weaknesses.

It’s not a tryout, they are better options over Sierra and Devers anyway.  I want what’s best for this team now and for the future is all.  Just want to see a more progressive approach to that.  It should be clear by now that Sierra, Devers, Campbell, Bleier, Harrison should not all be here but they are.  

Look how the lineup was constructed today. No Duvall, Aggy or Miggy because we already have to many bench players which is causing Don problems with all these double switches and what we see here today.  We could have won this game.  

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I'd even say above it, really.

I agree they'd likely be a couple games above, but .500 as a baseline for sure.  so many games thrown away already. 

i feel this is what they usually do though too.  they struggle out of the gate, get below .500 then make a "run' to get close to .500 somewhere after the mid point of the season and then hover a handful of games at or under .500 the rest of the way.

Mattingly isnt getting fired.  At least not right now.

Not when half hte team is injured.

The bigger problem is what Michael Hill and Co left Kim Ng to deal with especially from an offensive side of things.

She will be a busy ass woman this summer with the draft, trade deadline and then prepping for this winter.

Marlins fans better hope a good half of these players are red tagged sooner rather than later. 

4 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Mattingly isnt getting fired.  At least not right now.

Not when half hte team is injured.

The bigger problem is what Michael Hill and Co left Kim Ng to deal with especially from an offensive side of things.

She will be a busy ass woman this summer with the draft, trade deadline and then prepping for this winter.

Marlins fans better hope a good half of these players are red tagged sooner rather than later. 

I think they need to speed up the process for sure. You can see that they are adding but not replacing.  Don is not a good decision maker and giving him more of nothing isn’t going to help.  (yesterday’s lineup).  

Need to make a sizable splash in FA. A Power bat (Bryant) and a starting caliber catcher is a must if Alfaro busts.  We should lock up Sandy and start bringing in some of the heralded prospects up mid/late season.  Flipping players and trades is an option as long as it’s still salary friendly to improve now and still retain our prospects through free agency. 

Personally speaking, I was wrong to assume that our pitching alone would be good enough to sustain any offensive woes. Even without Sixto and Elieser this team should be near or at .500.  Right now if this team can get fully healthy and stay there we still have a so/so chance. 

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FishFry said:

I think they need to speed up the process for sure. You can see that they are adding but not replacing.  Don is not a good decision maker and giving him more of nothing isn’t going to help.  (yesterday’s lineup).  

Need to make a sizable splash in FA. A Power bat (Bryant) and a starting caliber catcher is a must if Alfaro busts.  We should lock up Sandy and start bringing in some of the heralded prospects up mid/late season.  Flipping players and trades is an option as long as it’s still salary friendly to improve now and still retain our prospects through free agency. 

Personally speaking, I was wrong to assume that our pitching alone would be good enough to sustain any offensive woes. Even without Sixto and Elieser this team should be near or at .500.  Right now if this team can get fully healthy and stay there we still have a so/so chance. 

Well they arent going to make an in season move at this time I should say.

And no shit they do, partially is dependent on ownership opening up the wallets, if they do, I'm sure Ng will get quality players.  If they don't...well who knows.  

The Marlins defense isnt that good with the injuries they have to account for the bad offense as well, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Well they arent going to make an in season move at this time I should say.

And no shit they do, partially is dependent on ownership opening up the wallets, if they do, I'm sure Ng will get quality players.  If they don't...well who knows.  

The Marlins defense isnt that good with the injuries they have to account for the bad offense as well, tbh. 

Yeah, next year speaking. I should have clarified.