6/3 Postgame Thread

Erick

In all seriousness.

Yeah. 15 blown saves s u c k s. Terribly.

Could probably cut that down to a third of that total if our offense could actually produce, though. Sure, we're IN every game, that's all fine and dandy, but when we're down by two or three runs, it still feels impossible, and it shouldn't. We should not have to throw guys in a high leverage situation almost every single night.

It's annoying that the FO said, "yeah, we're going to be in a lot of low scoring games, so let's mainly improve the bullpen!" (It is improved, despite the blown saves) Instead of conceding that we won't score a lot, why not, you know, just try and improve the offense??

Duvall is basically Stanton lite.

Dickerson ... admittedly, I'm going to give him a pass since the stuff came out with his father. That's rough for anyone to go through.

Really hoping the naming rights and TV deal will spur some offseason spending. Lots of good free agents to go after. Mostly shortstops ...

And yes. Fire Don.

• Like 2

Next time they get an interview with Jeter or Ng, I'd love for them to be asked why the club didn't call up Jesus Sanchez. To just leave him in AAA when he was blazing hot and the MLB club was ice cold with a need in the OF, that needs an answer. It is just one of many bad decisions, but I want to hear their excuse. Instead we get interviews where they have their asses kissed and are lobbed softballs.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Next time they get an interview with Jeter or Ng, I'd love for them to be asked why the club didn't call up Jesus Sanchez. To just leave him in AAA when he was blazing hot and the MLB club was ice cold with a need in the OF, that needs an answer. It is just one of many bad decisions, but I want to hear their excuse. Instead we get interviews where they have their asses kissed and are lobbed softballs.

Unfortunately they probably decide who is allowed into the media sessions. "Yeah this person gave us easy questions, let's use that."

3 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

What's he been doing that's diva-ish? I honestly don't know.. Is it the fielding errors? Cuz that's what I've been seeing. Trying to get all flashy. Just make the play... I'm not saying I'd do better but for someone who has been touted as a great fielder he's not making the plays. Why can't he be more solid like Rojas? Is Rojas really that much of a better fielder? 

Seems like everyone this new FO has traded for are turning into duds (not to say Jazz will be) or have some big issue here or there. Right now I'm only looking forward to Bleday and Meyer. 

The other night, for example, after a tough team loss, Jazz decided to retweet his own personal highlights right after the game. 

It’s one thing to be flashy which he is, but he strikes me as a me first kind of player. I would imagine it has to annoy some people, especially since he’s just a rookie who really hasn’t done anything yet in the grand scheme of things. Can you imagine if he gets to Hanley’s level of superstardom? It’s easy to forget now, but Hanley was one of the best players in baseball at one point before all the antics. 

I’m not into the Tony La Russa style of baseball where you’re disrespecting the game because you hit a HR when you’re up 15, but, at the same time, don’t talk about yourself all the time even right after team losses. It’s a bad look. Pretend to care even if you don’t, and at least wait until the next morning or something. 

Jazz seems like he wants all of the attention starting with his hair. At least do something worthy of that attention first. We complain about Acuña all the time, but at least he’s earned the right to showoff being a top 5 player in baseball. Jazz isn’t that guy yet, just a rookie. 

• Like 4

Jazz should retweet this video since he says he looked up to Jeter so much and wants to learn from him. Athletes normally don't publicly promote their personal accomplishments right after a team loss. Nobody cares, you lost. 

• Like 2

Jokes aside, I do believe that Jeter wants to win, interviews like the one above show me the mindset he has... so this is why I wish we could figure out what in the blue hell is going on. There is no way he's happy right now with this embarrassment of late. It's shocking that the guy in that interview is letting all of this happen under his watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

What Jeter needs to do is convinces Sherman to open his wallet and gives Ng what she needs. 

Yep. While Jeter is without a doubt the "face" of the ownership group he's small taters in terms of who really is financially responsible. Also, more fun to rag on Jeter than Sherman who has remained in the shadows since assuming ownership

Jeter might be the only part owner who gets the credit/blame for a team’s success/failure. It kind of makes no sense; he’s just a part owner.

That would be like blaming Dwyane Wade if the Jazz lose in the playoffs, wouldn’t it?

Sherman is the actual majority owner, and Kim Ng is in charge of player personnel unless if the titles are irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

From my understanding and I could be wrong, Jeter is in charge of the decisions. Sherman has the biggest investment but lets Jeter run the show.  Though I assume for any financial increases, Jeter would need Sherman’s approval anyway. 

I think Jeter is in charge of the people put in charge of making decisions, but I’m not sure.

Like Gary Denbo and Kim Ng are here because of Jeter, but I don’t think Jeter interferes with their decision-making. 

Normally, the GM gets blamed when things go wrong, but, in our case, it’s Jeter even though that’s not his title.

Edited by Erick

13 minutes ago, Erick said:

I think Jeter is in charge of the people put in charge of making decisions, but I’m not sure.

Like Gary Denbo and Kim Ng are here because of Jeter, but I don’t think Jeter interferes with their decision-making. 

Normally, the GM gets blamed when things go wrong, but, in our case, it’s Jeter even though that’s not his title.

I blame Jeter, Sherman, Ng and Don as I said earlier in the thread.

7 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Until the front office cares, I see no reason any of us should. It’s total bullshit. 

Some people blame Sherman, some blame Ng, some blame Jeter, some blame Don.  I blame all of them for different things. 

The front office ignored the team’s needs in the off-season and then they’ve ignored the team’s needs in-season. Inexcusable and if it is all related to money, we are fucked again as fans. 

Don is a terrible manager.  He makes some of the dumbest decisions possible with the lineup and with his bullpen management. If he had a good front office, he may get away with more mistakes but he doesn’t have that. 

I’ll keep watching but I’m not sure those in charge are watching. If they are, they just don’t give a shit I guess. 

I said something similar at the other forum - Don's weird/bizarre/stupid moves can be overlooked if the team is winning/doing well, but his moves now are directly causing losses.

6 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

What's he been doing that's diva-ish? I honestly don't know.. Is it the fielding errors? Cuz that's what I've been seeing. Trying to get all flashy. Just make the play... I'm not saying I'd do better but for someone who has been touted as a great fielder he's not making the plays. Why can't he be more solid like Rojas? Is Rojas really that much of a better fielder? 

Seems like everyone this new FO has traded for are turning into duds (not to say Jazz will be) or have some big issue here or there. Right now I'm only looking forward to Bleday and Meyer. 

Others have mentioned the social media stuff - but on the field, it seems like he's trying to be too fancy/cool and it's resulting in errors

6 hours ago, Michael said:

In all seriousness.

Yeah. 15 blown saves s u c k s. Terribly.

Could probably cut that down to a third of that total if our offense could actually produce, though. Sure, we're IN every game, that's all fine and dandy, but when we're down by two or three runs, it still feels impossible, and it shouldn't. We should not have to throw guys in a high leverage situation almost every single night.

It's annoying that the FO said, "yeah, we're going to be in a lot of low scoring games, so let's mainly improve the bullpen!" (It is improved, despite the blown saves) Instead of conceding that we won't score a lot, why not, you know, just try and improve the offense??

Duvall is basically Stanton lite.

Dickerson ... admittedly, I'm going to give him a pass since the stuff came out with his father. That's rough for anyone to go through.

Really hoping the naming rights and TV deal will spur some offseason spending. Lots of good free agents to go after. Mostly shortstops ...

And yes. Fire Don.

It's weird because last year even down by 2-3 runs, you felt like they could come back and win....complete opposite this year.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree with this but the thing that gets me is... there's no way they really don't care right? There has to be an explanation to their lack of action right? 

I'm so curious to what they would say to a close friend or family member as to why they haven't done more.

I can't believe these people really bought this team to purposely do nothing, it makes no sense. 

I'm just trying to wrap my head around their extreme lack of urgency.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Jokes aside, I do believe that Jeter wants to win, interviews like the one above show me the mindset he has... so this is why I wish we could figure out what in the blue hell is going on. There is no way he's happy right now with this embarrassment of late. It's shocking that the guy in that interview is letting all of this happen under his watch.

Yeah, I really don't understand it.  Maybe he's raising hell behind the scenes, but you think we would've heard something about that by now.

I don't want to be that guy, and I know it's not necessarily great to be publicly critical of your team/employees, but could some of the lack of anything have to do with Ng herself, and ownership being hesitant to be critical of her work given today's climate?  i.e. afraid of backlash for being critical of the 1st woman GM's work?

I remember interviews in the past since taking over of him expecting the team to win - even when the roster had been torn down.....and now suddenly complete radio silence?

• Like 1