August 9, 20215 yr Martin was a genius framing pitches and was worth a lot to a team defensively. His input would give us a leg up at a position that is a tremendous weakness right now. It's not glamorous but investing in scouting and coaching will be the way to success going forward.
August 9, 20215 yr 24 minutes ago, Erick said: We should actually sign Russell Martin to be our catcher. Manager?
August 9, 20215 yr Author Am I allowed to post links? Here's an old but interesting article: https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/1/5/5270518/russell-martin-and-defending-catcher-war-wins-above-replacement
August 10, 20215 yr I mean I’ll never be against having Russell Martin but that’s a move you make in the offseason.
August 10, 20215 yr 14 hours ago, Erick said: We should actually sign Russell Martin to be our catcher. Don't know whether to like or laugh react....
August 10, 20215 yr 8 minutes ago, Piazza31 said: Don't know whether to like or laugh react.... I believe a laugh react counts as a like so go for it.
August 12, 20215 yr Sign Russell Martin to help with the catching, sure. Sign Russell Martin to BE the catcher.... Um how about no.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.