Jump to content


5/9/2022: Marlins @ Diamondbacks


Recommended Posts

Hey Marlins fans! Don Mattingly here to get things started. It's Elieser Hernandez on the mound for the good guys and Humberto Castellanos for the Diamondbacks. Sure hope he doesn't blow us away with those wicked 85 mph fastballs again! I think tonight is the night that Elieser shows that he can be as good as Pedro Martinez! Go Marlins!!!

  • Haha 1
  • Banana 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

@SongInTheAir you're gonna love this guy

An honor to have you here with us, skip. We're all huge fans.

Thanks, Jack. Happy to be here.

 

Been tinkering with the lineup, as I love to do. LOL my grandson says I'm so goofy and "extra" with it, but you know what they say: "you can't beat a dead horse because it's already dead". I was thinking of asking you, faithful Marlins fans, what you thought about maybe moving Avisail Garcia into the leadoff spot? He's our guy, and I think he might just need a jumpstart, and maybe batting first is what he needs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, did you Marlins fans hear that Jose Urena was let go by the Brewers today? What a huge mistake! I'm on the phone with Kim right now and as soon as she's done yelling at me about yesterday's game, I'm going to make sure she offers Milwaukee a deal so we can bring our ace back to Miami! We can probably give them a guy we don't even have in the lineup every day, like that Jazz fellow.

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Don Mattingly said:

Hey Marlins fans! Don Mattingly here to get things started. It's Elieser Hernandez on the mound for the good guys and Humberto Castellanos for the Diamondbacks. Sure hope he doesn't blow us away with those wicked 85 mph fastballs again! I think tonight is the night that Elieser shows that he can be as good as Pedro Martinez! Go Marlins!!!

youre fired donald trump GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Imagine if Don gets us a record winning streak

"We've won 31 in a row. Don has masterfully woven platoons between Jazz and Berti and Dunand and Anderson while navigating murky waters of Avisail and Soler batting a combined .110 while batting 1st and 2nd."

@SongInTheAir: *twitch*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael said:

"We've won 31 in a row. Don has masterfully woven platoons between Jazz and Berti and Dunand and Anderson while navigating murky waters of Avisail and Soler batting a combined .110 while batting 1st and 2nd."

@SongInTheAir: *twitch*

Actually this would be impressive.  Not for the 31 in a row, but more for the Dunand assisting in the streak from AAA. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Don Mattingly said:

Hey Marlins fans! Don Mattingly here to get things started. It's Elieser Hernandez on the mound for the good guys and Humberto Castellanos for the Diamondbacks. Sure hope he doesn't blow us away with those wicked 85 mph fastballs again! I think tonight is the night that Elieser shows that he can be as good as Pedro Martinez! Go Marlins!!!

I'd settle for Ramon Martinez at this point

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Actually this would be impressive.  Not for the 31 in a row, but more for the Dunand assisting in the streak from AAA. lol.

Clearly I meant Erik Gonzalez. Please respect my privacy at this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Martinez is in rare company. One of only 3 people to ever no hit the Marlins.

Fun fact: the first 5 no hitters that the Marlins were a part of featured the 5 teams from the NL West.

1- Martinez no hit the Marlins with the Dodgers in 1995
2- Al Leiter no hit the Rockies in 1996
3- Kevin Brown no hit the Giants in 1997
4- AJ Burnett no hit the Padres in 2001
5- Anibal Sanchez no hit the D-Backs in 2006

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Fun fact: the first 5 no hitters that the Marlins were a part of featured the 5 teams from the NL West.

1- Martinez no hit the Marlins with the Dodgers in 1995
2- Al Leiter no hit the Rockies in 1996
3- Kevin Brown no hit the Giants in 1997
4- AJ Burnett no hit the Padres in 2001
5- Anibal Sanchez no hit the D-Backs in 2006

Tying into the game tonight, the D-Backs are the only team the Marlins have no hit twice with Edison Volquez doing it as well in 2017. Maybe Elieser will be the third tonight?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

So, if they get the next 24 outs in a row, we will be no hit, but it won't be a perfect game because of the catcher's interference, right?

Yeet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Was just about to post a comment that I hope Elieser is motivated knowing Meyer is waiting in the wings.... then he coughs up a double

Such a team player to fall on his own sword so that Meyer can salvage the season...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...