Hot Towel and Shave

hovertical

1 minute ago, Michael said:

What does the hot towel do for you in this scenario?

It's relaxing af - the 2-3 min hot towel feels insanely amazing at Sports Clips...I can't imagine how wondrous it feels for an extended period of time. No, not the same if you do it yourself at home either.

Edited by hovertical

23 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I get the hot towel but no shave.

I get it with the washing of my hair, scalp massage and hand massage.

So the hot towel is on for a good say 15 minutes?

Another person not on this board said it's only on for 2 minutes or so which seems really shitty for the $35 he pays (plus tip). That's worse than sports clips.

How long do you get the towel for @SonOfJack?

7 hours ago, hovertical said:

Another person not on this board said it's only on for 2 minutes or so which seems really shitty for the $35 he pays (plus tip). That's worse than sports clips.

How long do you get the towel for @SonOfJack?

Around 10 mins give or take in total. There is a hot towel for just a few minutes before, then the shave, then a cleanup of the hair and then another hot towel for a longer period of time. Sounds like that person only got the first towel. I have heard from others that some barbers will finish up with a brief cold towel at the very end to close up the pores as well.

I haven't had it done before, but I went to a barbershop yesterday for the first time (as opposed to your typical supercuts type places......it's pricier but he includes a wine or bourbon if you want it (yes please), so I may try the beard trim/shave next time just to see how it is.  I don't see myself doing it every time, but might be a nice "something different" every other haircut or something.

19 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I haven't had it done before, but I went to a barbershop yesterday for the first time (as opposed to your typical supercuts type places......it's pricier but he includes a wine or bourbon if you want it (yes please), so I may try the beard trim/shave next time just to see how it is.  I don't see myself doing it every time, but might be a nice "something different" every other haircut or something.

Man I could sure enjoy a neat bourbon while getting my hair and face pampered. If I ever win the Powerball I'll treat anyone on this board willing to meet up to a group hot towel and shave session.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, rmc523 said:

If you're looking to do that more often, most respectable barbers will offer that service at a cheaper price. I believe my barber charges 15-20.

There are a lot of trendy hipster barber shops with a weird old-school vibe that upcharge for these kinds of things. Find any old tradesman barber and they'll likely offer the service. I'm not sure about the ghetto ones that do fades and designs on your head, but maybe those do too.