Housing market

Entendu

Anybody trying to buy a house in this shit show? I had plans to but have been sitting on the sidelines because I'd feel irresponsible at these prices. Areas that I used to consider within reach are now stretches, and stretches are just laughable pipe dreams

We were super lucky to buy ours back when it had reached rock bottom and was just starting to go back up in 2013. Our current house model is selling for 4x what we paid for it. It's so not worth that price either. It's ridiculous. I feel for all the folks who are renting or trying to buy. Seriously.

• Like 1

I bought my place back in 2016 and it's worth almost double what I paid for it. It's gotten to the point where I don't even know if I want to leave this place. My mortgage is the price some people pay for an efficiency. I'd never sell this place; I'd rent it out, but I can't imagine having a mortgage 3x the size of this one

On the bright side, if there is a drop then I'll be in great shape to make some moves

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entendu said:

I bought my place back in 2016 and it's worth almost double what I paid for it. It's gotten to the point where I don't even know if I want to leave this place. My mortgage is the price some people pay for an efficiency. I'd never sell this place; I'd rent it out, but I can't imagine having a mortgage 3x the size of this one

On the bright side, if there is a drop then I'll be in great shape to make some moves

Yep. We pay less for our mortgage than we did for our one bedroom apartment in 2012. Literally could not afford to live here if we were buying now

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hovertical said:

We were super lucky to buy ours back when it had reached rock bottom and was just starting to go back up in 2013. Our current house model is selling for 4x what we paid for it. It's so not worth that price either. It's ridiculous. I feel for all the folks who are renting or trying to buy. Seriously.

This is exactly me. Got my house for a stupidly low price in 2013, its ridiculously high value now.

One of my best friends and his fiance were house hunting for months recently... they literally just moved to Texas because the market now and especially here is just not doable for them now.

8 hours ago, hovertical said:

Yep. We pay less for our mortgage than we did for our one bedroom apartment in 2012. Literally could not afford to live here if we were buying now

Are we the same person? I moved out with my girlfriend in 2012 to an apartment. We bought a house in 2013 when we realized the apartment rent was essentially the same as a mortgage at the time. Crazy.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Are we the same person? I moved out with my girlfriend in 2012 to an apartment. We bought a house in 2013 when we realized the apartment rent was essentially the same as a mortgage at the time. Crazy.

I was also just about to ask you if you were me from a parallel universe. I mean, we also used Chili's specials to get laid!  

My wife and I also got our first apartment in 2012 and then house in 2013.  Wtf

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is exactly me. Got my house for a stupidly low price in 2013, its ridiculously high value now.

One of my best friends and his fiance were house hunting for months recently... they literally just moved to Texas because the market now and especially here is just not doable for them now.

I didn’t move to Texas m8

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I also order extra Pico de Gallo at any place offering it

Yuck, not a fan of that stuff. It's so overrated. Too much cilantro taste for me. If anything that's something that I have just a sprinkle of but I can't believe how many people want that stuff slathered over their food. It's too overpowering of a taste.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yuck, not a fan of that stuff. It's so overrated. Too much cilantro taste for me. If anything that's something that I have just a sprinkle of but I can't believe how many people want that stuff slathered over their food. It's too overpowering of a taste.

I prefer it on the side of my food like as a side dish rather than on top of it.