3/30 Post Game

Admin

Not gonna exaggerate as it's one game but not good at all. A little scary at this point how every Opening Day just feels like why do I even watch it? Anyways kinda glad attendance was so poor, Sherman and Kim need to realize that the on field product needs to convince people as people don't even sell out Opening Day anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Not gonna exaggerate as it's one game but not good at all. A little scary at this point how every Opening Day just feels like why do I even watch it? Anyways kinda glad attendance was so poor, Sherman and Kim need to realize that the on field product needs to convince people as people don't even sell out Opening Day anymore. 

What were attendance #s?

What's this crap marketing of "greatest opening weekend in history?" I don't understand what that means, what they think it means, what makes this one any better than any other opening series in Marlins history? And if we're really comparing how can this one be greater than the 1993 or 2004 home openers? 

1 minute ago, pollythewog said:

What were attendance #s?

I don't know but visually you could see a shit ton of empty seats and a quiet Marlins crowd which means it was packed with Mets fans. Even with bad teams the Marlins usually get bigger and more excited Opening Day crowds. This was like a regular game. The community did not care to make this a special day to get to this game. Maybe tomorrow being a Friday night will be different but today was embarrassing for a home opener. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

A game in Miami in middle of rush hour doesn’t seem ideal?

Again, tired of this excuse. There's been many Marlins Opening Days that fall on a mid week day game and people take a day off work and take the kids out from work early to go enjoy the home opener. Most people said nope to that idea this year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

What's this crap marketing of "greatest opening weekend in history?" I don't understand what that means, what they think it means, what makes this one any better than any other opening series in Marlins history? And if we're really comparing how can this one be greater than the 1993 or 2004 home openers? 

Heck, throw in the Delgado year in 2005, as well. That team looked like a legitimate NL favorite on paper. Could also argue 2012 because of the new stadium.

Not sure what makes this year so special.

• Like 2