Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Panthers Playoff Thread

Featured Replies

Anyone watching the Panthers' playoff games?

 

Seems like the Bruins are getting some lucky things going in.  Meanwhile, we control the entire period and get nothing for most of the time, and the refs are ignoring penalties and not blowing the whistle when the puck is hidden all in favor of the Bruins.

Edited by rmc523

  • Author

Guess nobody’s watching.

 

 

i don’t understand how they whistle the play dead and the ref waves off the goal and then they count it anyway.   Seems like all the big calls are going Boston’s way in the series.

I'm gonna be honest, haven't really followed the Panthers intensively since around 2006 or so during the Olli Jokinen years. And a little bit during the Roberto Luongo years. But I haven't really followed NHL at all for a lot of years.

I am happy though that they have been playing well and making the playoffs the past few seasons though. I'll always have a fondness for all the South Florida sports teams. Even though I haven't lived there for a few years now and might not ever again with the way cost of living is going. But it's always gonna be my hometown, and I'll still be rooting for those teams regardless of wherever I live. I'm definitely a Marlins, Dolphins and Heat fan for life and will quietly support other South Florida teams like Panthers, UM and the like, even if I don't really watch their games. But of course I'll be quick to jump on the bandwagon if Panthers make it to Stanley Cup finals or like a few weeks ago when UM was in Final Four. Like a true Miami fan! 😂

But definitely Marlins, Dolphins and Heat are my teams that I follow every year.

Edited by SirFishFan

  • Author

I unfortunately only got to see parts of game 7, as I was traveling, but I got to see the winning goal in the airport.  There were Boston fans around lol.

  • Author

I'm glad to not be playing the Lightning again.

 

Just saw an article saying the Panthers are restricting ticket sales to US residents to try to prevent Maple Leaf fans from taking over the arena.

 

I wonder how that works if so many of them have houses here?

28 minutes ago, mystikol87 said:

Incredible. Which one do you think is bigger?

Sharks beating the Wings in round 1 back in '94

The Tkachuk trade might be one of the best ever, so glad he’s here. 

The game-winner against the Bruins was basically because of him even though he didn’t get the goal. No way we win that series with Huberdeau instead of Tkachuk. 

1 hour ago, Erick said:

The Tkachuk trade might be one of the best ever, so glad he’s here. 

The game-winner against the Bruins was basically because of him even though he didn’t get the goal. No way we win that series with Huberdeau instead of Tkachuk. 

Yup. Huberdeau would have passed way too much. 

  • Author
9 hours ago, Erick said:

Big Game 1 win in Toronto tonight.

They were saying the Panthers hadn't won the first game of the last of their past 8 series dating back to like '97 or something.  Crazy

 

  • Author

Ridiculous that the puck off the ref they score on is the difference in the game.

 

Panthers looked like they didn’t want it tonight except for a few minutes after they score the one.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Is it time for me to get my Panthers stuff out of the closet from 20 years ago and act like I've been a big fan all along?

No.

  • Author

Yeah, hockey is fun to watch, especially when they're winning.  Even if they don't make it further, it's been fun to watch.

  • Author

Panthers play tonight at 8pm for those that didn't know

 

Series dates/times, all appear to be on TV on TNT:

Thursday, 5/18 @ 8pm (Away @ CAR)

Saturday, 5/20 @ 8pm (Away @ CAR)

Monday, 5/22 @ 8pm (Home)

Wednesday, 5/24 @ 8 pm (Home)

Friday, 5/26 @ 8pm (Away @ CAR)

Sunday, 5/28 @ 8pm (Home)

Tuesday 5/30 @ 8pm (Away @ CAR)

  • Author
3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

4 overtimes? Geez

Yeah, and he scored with 12.7 seconds left in that 4th OT too, so it was a full 2 1/3 games

 

That callback of the goal they scored in the first OT was stupid, but glad to see they ultimately won.  The game didn't end until 2am, and I stayed up haha.

 

I'm not sure why the games on the east coast are starting at 8 and not 7.

Edited by rmc523

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.