Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aliens Thread

Featured Replies

With yesterday's supposed news, what are y'all's thoughts on aliens?

image.png.3300c4535a65f401625116219cd8170d.png

 

 

I think the universe is awfully big to not have any alien species in it.

 

That said, I feel like the recent alien discussions/discoveries are 50/50 of:

1) distraction for something the government(s) is doing that they don't want you to know about (this gets into conspiracy land of New World order stuff)

2) an alien invasion is coming lol

I've said for a long time, it would be weird if life only existed on Earth so I fully believe there is life out there.

I however do not believe they have ever visited us.

Whatever this is, was some kind of hoax. What are the odds that aliens actually would look like the depictions in our film industry? Nearly zero IMO.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I've said for a long time, it would be weird if life only existed on Earth so I fully believe there is life out there.

I however do not believe they have ever visited us.

Fermi paradox m8

  • Author
33 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I've said for a long time, it would be weird if life only existed on Earth so I fully believe there is life out there.

I however do not believe they have ever visited us.

Whatever this is, was some kind of hoax. What are the odds that aliens actually would look like the depictions in our film industry? Nearly zero IMO.

Alien tech could explain the massive leaps forward in tech the last 20-40 years too, though.

 

I'd lean toward hoax for this particular instance, too, though - that thing is way too similar to ET to be a real thing.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

With yesterday's supposed news, what are y'all's thoughts on aliens?

image.png.3300c4535a65f401625116219cd8170d.png

This alien died getting the good sucky-sucky.

2 hours ago, pollythewog said:

Fermi paradox m8

Meh.

Humans haven't existed that long in the grand scheme of things and space is massive. It is entirely possible alien life can exist and we haven't been visited or seen them yet.

Though maybe they visited Earth long before humans. How do we know some species aren't alien? Like some ocean life looks alien to me. I realize I am contradicting myself there but just throwing it out there.

It's equally terrifying to think we're literally all alone floating on one rock in the vast expanse of space that's so big our brains cant even comprehend it.

 

 

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

It's equally terrifying to think we're literally all alone floating on one rock in the vast expanse of space that's so big our brains cant even comprehend it.

 

 

Well even if there is life out there somewhere, we know its far far far * 1000000 away so we're basically all alone anyway

Maybe somebody smart can answer this. When they take samples from a planet such as Mars and they say there's no sign of life. How do they know? They are basing it on what life on Earth needs to survive aren't they? How would we know what an alien lifeform could live on?

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Maybe somebody smart can answer this. When they take samples from a planet such as Mars and they say there's no sign of life. How do they know? They are basing it on what life on Earth needs to survive aren't they? How would we know what an alien lifeform could live on?

Yeah this always bugs me because they base nearly everything on the ol carbon based lifeform since that's what we know.

I do think there is intelligent life SOMEWHERE out there but it's not like the conspiracy theorists imagine.

  • Author
56 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Maybe somebody smart can answer this. When they take samples from a planet such as Mars and they say there's no sign of life. How do they know? They are basing it on what life on Earth needs to survive aren't they? How would we know what an alien lifeform could live on?

Yeah, it's based on life as we know it.  Doesn't mean there's not another type.

On 9/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, hovertical said:

Yeah this always bugs me because they base nearly everything on the ol carbon based lifeform since that's what we know.

I do think there is intelligent life SOMEWHERE out there but it's not like the conspiracy theorists imagine.

For all we know there are life forms living in Mars's core, which we haven't gotten to.

Also we assume aliens will be more advanced, but there's also the possibility of low IQ mouthbreathers out there. 

33 minutes ago, Entendu said:

there's also the possibility of low IQ mouthbreathers out there. 

Like the ones on this forum. 

On 9/14/2023 at 8:15 AM, rmc523 said:

With yesterday's supposed news, what are y'all's thoughts on aliens?

image.png.3300c4535a65f401625116219cd8170d.png

 

 

I think the universe is awfully big to not have any alien species in it.

 

That said, I feel like the recent alien discussions/discoveries are 50/50 of:

1) distraction for something the government(s) is doing that they don't want you to know about (this gets into conspiracy land of New World order stuff)

What would the Mexican government be trying to distract people from.  I find it interesting/ironic/comical that thse aliens are the most prototypical aliens you have seen in all kind of sci fi for decades though.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:15 AM, rmc523 said:

2) an alien invasion is coming lol

one can only hope.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

What would the Mexican government be trying to distract people from.  I find it interesting/ironic/comical that thse aliens are the most prototypical aliens you have seen in all kind of sci fi for decades though.

one can only hope.

I literally put the thing they’d be distracting from in the sentence you quoted…..

A lot of world governments are suddenly talking about aliens….why now?

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I literally put the thing they’d be distracting from in the sentence you quoted…..

Again, Das misses the point of whatever the discussion is.

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Again, Das misses the point of whatever the discussion is.

get away from him...you BITCH!

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

What would the Mexican government be trying to distract people from.  I find it interesting/ironic/comical that thse aliens are the most prototypical aliens you have seen in all kind of sci fi for decades though.

one can only hope.

Where you been m8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.