Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I met Pavano,Penny

Featured Replies

  • Author

No, he hasn't changed his attitude. I think because he was drinking, he might have felt more relaxed. I think if I were to get his signature, he would probably not be too friendly with me.

hot4beckett is a female in her twenties.

 

the rest of you guys are teenage/pre-teen boys.

 

 

i think that's a big reason why he receives some of you differently. it doesn't make him a jerk or anything... hell, i'm sure i'd have more to chat about with a woman in her twenties than a 14-year-old boy.

I think if I were to get his signature, he would probably not be too friendly with me.

good point

I keep trying to tell you guys that Penny isnt the jerk you keep saying he is, He really is cool guy. He really enjoys people, but they all have to be a little guarded at times. Stop with the beer belly comments, he doesnt drink that much beer. While he was home, he was very strict with his diet. Wouldnt even let his mom fix all his favorites, I hope someday you guys get a chance to know even a little of him. Maybe if you approach him with "you are a jerk attitude" he can pick up on that. As far as the comment about him never signing, thats totally untrue. I have been with him many times and watched him sign for long periods of time. I have seen him give little guys a glove, many balls, etc. There is one 11 year old girl who has his jersey, a glove, cleats, and many balls and signed pictures. Brad gave them all to her. Just because he doesnt sign your ball doesnt mean he never does. Did you see what he did before the game? How many he signed?? They cant sign everything everyone wants, its impossible.

hot4beckett is a female in her twenties.

 

the rest of you guys are teenage/pre-teen boys.

 

 

i think that's a big reason why he receives some of you differently. it doesn't make him a jerk or anything... hell, i'm sure i'd have more to chat about with a woman in her twenties than a 14-year-old boy.

Umm....he can at least sign a couple of autographs or say you welcome or something. He gives you this dirty look or he wont look at you.

  • 2 months later...

I keep trying to tell you guys that Penny isnt the jerk you keep saying he is, He really is cool guy. He really enjoys people, but they all have to be a little guarded at times. Stop with the beer belly comments, he doesnt drink that much beer. While he was home, he was very strict with his diet. Wouldnt even let his mom fix all his favorites, I hope someday you guys get a chance to know even a little of him. Maybe if you approach him with "you are a jerk attitude" he can pick up on that. As far as the comment about him never signing, thats totally untrue. I have been with him many times and watched him sign for long periods of time. I have seen him give little guys a glove, many balls, etc. There is one 11 year old girl who has his jersey, a glove, cleats, and many balls and signed pictures. Brad gave them all to her. Just because he doesnt sign your ball doesnt mean he never does. Did you see what he did before the game? How many he signed?? They cant sign everything everyone wants, its impossible.

I've met Brad twice already. First time was in FanFest and the second time was at a spring training game. I agree 100% that Brad is very cool. He was talking to us at FanFest...just a small little conversation. I don't know why people say he's a "jerk". He's the total opposite. I hope I can meet him again someday.

hot4beckett is a female in her twenties.

 

the rest of you guys are teenage/pre-teen boys.

 

 

i think that's a big reason why he receives some of you differently. it doesn't make him a jerk or anything... hell, i'm sure i'd have more to chat about with a woman in her twenties than a 14-year-old boy.

Umm....he can at least sign a couple of autographs or say you welcome or something. He gives you this dirty look or he wont look at you. aww cry me a river. So you don't have his name written on a piece of paper. Write it on there yourself. He probably would rather have a conversation or something than do the same thing he does on personal checks.

When I met Brad the second time, he was signing autographs for awhile. Him and AJ were the only ones who I saw actually stop outside the gates and sign autos for fans. Josh was telling everyone that after the game, he'll sign autos and walked right in and Louie (Castillo) ran inside from the parking lot (and that's because he was late).

I too have met both Penny and Pavano and my reactions were the same

 

Pavano is a prick (sorry I love him on the mound but the guy has a serious attitude problem when dealing with people)

 

and

 

Penny is a really nice guy, a bit on the quiet side, but not where it puts you off. He is very friendly, just not a big smiley gregarious guy like Dontrelle.

 

 

my run-ins with both Beckett and Dontrelle have always been congenial. Beckett may carry himself with a sort of cocky self-confidence but I always get the feeling from him that his heart is in the right place

 

as for Dontrelle, what you see on the field is what you get in person. an all around great person

I agree that maybe it is a girl vs guy thing with Penny. I have talked to him on several occasions and think he is the sweetest guy. Totally down to earth and humble. I haven't gotten the arrogant vibe from him that I have gotten from guys like Klesko from the Padres...

 

I think Brad just gets a bum rap

Beckett def seems cocky, but is that the reason why succeeded in the world series? or the reason why he's going to have a great year this year?

 

 

 

 

 

www.sports-boards.com

You're right about that, I sit behind the Marlins dugout for my 41 game plan and anytime Beckett is walking off the field after pitcing an amazing inning or getting out big jam like striking out thome with the bases loaded, he will just walk off the field with his head down and his hat covering his face. All the fans are chanting his name and he won't even look up...

 

Anytime D-Train or Penny or someone walks off they're always smiling and will wave at the fans or something.

cant fault a guy for the way he handles himself. thats how he feels comfortable and focused. and if that means that during a game he comes across as the meanest guy in the world than so be it

 

 

but I dont remember Roger Clemens being a smiley guy on the mound, as he has gotten older he has gotten a little more easy going and he is still pretty much an iron face

I keep trying to tell you guys that Penny isnt the jerk you keep saying he is, He really is cool guy. He really enjoys people, but they all have to be a little guarded at times. Stop with the beer belly comments, he doesnt drink that much beer. While he was home, he was very strict with his diet. Wouldnt even let his mom fix all his favorites, I hope someday you guys get a chance to know even a little of him. Maybe if you approach him with "you are a jerk attitude" he can pick up on that. As far as the comment about him never signing, thats totally untrue. I have been with him many times and watched him sign for long periods of time. I have seen him give little guys a glove, many balls, etc. There is one 11 year old girl who has his jersey, a glove, cleats, and many balls and signed pictures. Brad gave them all to her. Just because he doesnt sign your ball doesnt mean he never does. Did you see what he did before the game? How many he signed?? They cant sign everything everyone wants, its impossible.

Very true Penny is misunderstood. Just ask Choi :thumbup

dawg...

 

 

you need to get your boy penny to come on down to tejas to meet and greet their fans.

 

 

oh wait.

 

 

i am their real fans.

 

 

oops.

 

 

oh well...one day i will just have to get the hookups on the players and Jack.

;)

Yeah beckett has an ego, but he doesnt show it off the mound. I've never heard of him being mean to anyone or something along those lines. And lets not forget who Beckett is dating either Leann Tweeden! Pavano might have just been having a bad day for all we know. BECKETT FOR CY YOUNG!

Ive only met Mckeon....The marlins team as a whole seems like it is a really good group of players compared to a lot teams in the mlb. Im better teams like the yankees aren't nearly as fan friendly

I agree that maybe it is a girl vs guy thing with Penny. I have talked to him on several occasions and think he is the sweetest guy. Totally down to earth and humble. I haven't gotten the arrogant vibe from him that I have gotten from guys like Klesko from the Padres...

 

I think Brad just gets a bum rap

I don't think it's that way. Brad was very cool with Max too. He's just misunderstood.

so u like penny i think he looks like a manateee

this coming from a girl who isnt into guys yet

 

thats not saying i think he is good looking...... he is no Conine

 

Conine is dreamy

 

*dies*

so u like penny i think he looks like a manateee

this coming from a who isnt into guys yet

 

thats not saying i think he is good looking...... he is no Conine

 

Conine is dreamy

 

*dies* I figured you had a thing for Nunez.

so u like penny i think he looks like a manateee

Well then, Ms. Thang, who do you like then? I actually find manatees to be cute, no?

I'd take Brad any day of the week... just wish I could get him to come to the west coast for a while, I am sure I could sway him my way! :whistle

so u like penny i think he looks like a manateee

this coming from a who isnt into guys yet

 

thats not saying i think he is good looking...... he is no Conine

 

Conine is dreamy

 

*dies* I figured you had a thing for Nunez. oh I do.

 

but the Barberian is my man

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.