Everything posted by legacyofCangelosi
-
7/25 at Phillies
I know we’re still rebuilding but it does feel good to see them try to win games.
-
7/25 at Phillies
Yeah you have to try to get another inning out of him. But I think if the first gets gone on you yank him out.
-
david samson post marlins job
I’ve listened to some of his podcast and also on lebatard and whether true or not. He blames everything on loria.
-
Marlins poised to add another elite prospect
Wasn’t everyone here saying Tank for Tork? So wouldn’t he be the obvious choice if available ?
-
Puig confirms Marlins made him offer
If it’s taken this long for anyone to sign him i can’t imagine him getting that much money anyway.
-
6 more cuts from big-league camp
I’d like to see Sierra make it.
-
Mattingly: 'It's time' for Marlins to take next step
I agree that mattingly is a terrible in game manager, but the players seem to like him. So for a rebuilding team that’s not a bad thing to have a player’s manager.
-
So you’re saying there’s a chance?
I saw several outlets are predicting the mets to win the division. But what did they do to improve ? They signed porcello?
-
Cooper responds to potential bench role
If that fires him up and plays well then it’s a good thing. He did have bad luck with the pitches that hit him, but he’s also had other injuries before and after that.
-
Brandon Klozler Named, Wait, Brandon Kintzler Named Kloz, Wait, Brandon Kintzler Named Closer
Whats a good place to see how these analytics stats are calculated. I recently was able to learn FIP but now I’m seeing SIERA and xFIP. I don’t know if I can handle it.
-
Opening Day Roster/Lineup
Isn’t Sierra out of options ? It’s too bad if he’s never given a chance. He was much improved last season albeit in a small sample size in the majors.
-
Tarpley acquired for Nelson and cash
I can’t believe that terrible 3 hitter rule actually is being implemented. Total garbage. A sport that people already call boring and you just took out one of the most interesting strategical elements of the game.
-
Austin Brice designated for assignment (Warning: Thread has nothing to do with Brice)
I don’t understand why you DFA Brice and Keller but still have Conley stinking it up in the pen.
-
Marlins add Cook
The projected bullpen candidates listed in that article are abysmal.
-
Marlins Sign Pat Venditte
I can’t believe they’re going through with that idiotic rule. So now it a reliever comes in and is completely off his game you have to let him basically ruin the game for your team before you can pull him.
-
Marlins get Dickerson, 2 years $17.5 million
Guy who had 1 good season and is coming off injury. Nice.
-
The Athletic: Why do Marlins fans keep coming back?
That being said though. I am a lot closer now to revisiting getting a season ticket package again. Even if a 20 game plan. One thing for me is I was done with loria. But with the new admin and some of the positivity going around I may do it.
-
The Athletic: Which Marlins will stay and which free agents could they target?
Fuck. I know we had a rough year but it’s so boring when the marlins season ends. Sure I’ll watch the playoffs but it isn’t the same.
-
The Athletic: Which Marlins will stay and which free agents could they target?
Cooper has shown signs of being a solid hitter. His issue has been durability. Poor guy can’t stay on the field.
-
Mish: Marlins owe it to the fans to upgrade the 2020 team
It burns through the bullpen. It’s harder to do in the National league where bullpen management and strategy are more important due to the pitcher hitting.
-
The Athletic: Why do Marlins fans keep coming back?
I appreciate the comparison to the Risen Lord. But my name is certainly not Jesus. Jokes aside. I cancelled my season ticket package after the 2013 season due to the post-2012 fire sale. Not because of Mattingly.
-
The Athletic: Which Marlins will stay and which free agents could they target?
Are you guys able to see the article ? I can’t see it unless I subscribe to the athletic.
-
The Athletic: Why do Marlins fans keep coming back?
Because jeter made the choice to keep mattingly. In 2018-19 he was a holdover from the loria era. Regardless he’s not wrong. Even with the juiced ball this team barely hits home runs. You have to be creative to manufacture runs. But really more than anything mattinglys bullpen management is what’s horrendous.
-
The Athletic: Which Marlins will stay and which free agents could they target?
Signing Rendón would be like what the Nats did when they signed Werth. He’ll be here for a bad year or two but then would be an anchor on the team when the people around him become better.
-
9/51 Marlins @ Gigantes
Is this Cueto’s first game back ?