Marlins get Dickerson, 2 years $17.5 million

I approve of this quite a bit. Low risk signing once again and as Paul Severino is saying, doesn't really block anyone. I like it.

Yeah I thought of this too, most got upset at Jeter saying they would only add if it didn't block prospects but they may have actually done that without it just being the excuse to not sign anyone.

So, Dickerson isn't Castellanos but are we actually happy about this move or is the front office still being cheap fucks afraid to really increase payroll?

They were hesitant to dive into the deep end of the FA pool but they did spend some money and make multiple additions to the major league club and nothing seems to be a hindrance to the path that the rebuild is on.

Or is it too soon to give an answer?

So, Dickerson isn't Castellanos but are we actually happy about this move or is the front office still being cheap fucks afraid to really increase payroll?

They were hesitant to dive into the deep end of the FA pool but they did spend some money and make multiple additions to the major league club and nothing seems to be a hindrance to the path that the rebuild is on.

Or is it too soon to give an answer?

This is a positive move, and another sign that this ownership group is better than the last. But I’m still not erecting any statues. I’m happy with this move and more optimistic based on it though.