Everything posted by MikeLowell
-
College Football Discussion Week 9
Air Force(6-2) vs UNM(5-2) on Thursday night. Huge game. It's going to be tough trying to stop Chad Hall. That dude is a beast.
-
NFL Week 6 Discussion
Gus Frerotte has more INTs than completions so far this week..
-
NFL Week 6 Discussion
Any chance we put Beck in this game?
-
NFL Week 6 Discussion
And the Browns score a touchdown on their first drive.. :banghead
-
College Football Discussion Week 7
UNM rolled past Wyoming 20-3 in Wyoming today to improve to 4-2 on the year. Considering our stud HB did not have that good of a game, that was a huge win for us. Oh yeah, and even though Miami lost today.. Graig Cooper still averaged 5.5 ypc. Can you say stud? It will be fun to see what he can do as his career continues because the sky is the limit for him.
-
College Football Discussion Week 7
This UM-GT game is a snoozer. agreed, this game has absolutely sucked. I actually looked forward to Halftime just so I could get away from watching the game for a little bit.
-
College Football Discussion Week 7
I like this McNeal kid. Man is he fast.
-
Texas Tech bans Michael Vick t-shirts
I got to meet Reveille VII twice. Good dog. I don't really give a sh*t about the shirts, but I'm not surprised. A&M has a history of protectings its slogans/logos very strictly. I lol @ Texas Tech though not because of this but because of how lame that school is. Lubbock is like the armpit of the state. I give that title to El Paso.
-
College Football Week 6 Discussion
Well.. I'm glad I slept through most of the first half now. I hate North Carolina.
-
NFL Week 3
WTG Ginn. Very nice field position for the Dolphins.
-
Steve Alford - Master Recruiter
Coach Steve Alford's batch of Lobos recruits impresses analysts By Iliana Lim?n ( Contact ) Thursday, September 13, 2007 Lobos coach Steve Alford is making major waves in the college basketball ranks. The University of New Mexico men's basketball program has established itself as a player on the national recruiting scene by netting Houston area star Phillip McDonald and three other Texas standouts. "They're making big moves and getting a lot of attention right now," said Justin Young, an analyst for Rivals.com. "They've put together an impressive roster of talent." If the Lobos land four-star recruit J'Covan Brown, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Port Arthur, Texas, Young said the Lobos will be in tremendous shape. Brown is making his official visit to UNM on Sept. 22 and is in position to snap up the Lobos' last available scholarship for the 2008 class. "If they get J'Covan Brown, that would be one really impressive group of freshman for Steve Alford's staff," Young said. Landing McDonald, not to mention forwards Isaiah Rusher and Will Brown and guard Curtis Dennis, already impressed Dave Telep, a national recruiting editor for Scout.com "It's a group of four guys that is going to help New Mexico basketball tremendously," he said. "I think Phillip McDonald is the top recruit of the group and their biggest prize. Any time you can get a 6-foot-5 shooting guard who can stroke it and be such a great shooter, you're in really good shape." The recruiting analyst said Alford and company have been smart to seize on assistant coach Chris Walker's ties to the Houston area. "You can see New Mexico really has worked hard to build a pipeline to Houston," Telep said "They're tapping the top talent there and making a name for themselves. If you look at successful programs, that's one of the great things they are able to do to build themselves up. Roy Williams at Kansas in the 1980s really developed a California pipeline. Right now Oregon is really tapping into Chicago. It's one really good way of getting your program set up." The analysts lauded the Lobos for landing McDonald, but stopped short of calling him a savior. "He's a top-100 player who will make other top-100 guys take a second look at New Mexico, but I don't see a lot of other guys down the line dropping everything to go to New Mexico because he's there," Young said. McDonald and the rest of the class have potential to make the Lobos strong contenders in the Mountain West Conference, but the analysts said teams like UNLV and San Diego State will still be major tests for UNM. "I think it's going to take layering one good recruiting class on top of another to get to the No. 1 spot in the Mountain West Conference, but New Mexico definitely will be competitive right away with this first group," Telep said. "They're off to a very good start." Telep said the Lobos have a good chance of finding the second recruiting class to make them into major players in the MWC and NCAA Tournament. "I think New Mexico has great things going for it right now," he said. "It has established an identity as a program on the rise, it has that Houston pipeline, and Steve Alford, a really nationally known guy, is the face of the program." Young has crossed paths with the UNM coaches often on the recruiting trail and isn't surprised they are getting national attention for their 2008 class. "Those guys are really, really competitive," he said. "They aren't afraid to mix it up with the big boys, like they did convincing McDonald not to go to Kansas. They are going to be relentless getting the best guys they can to come to New Mexico. That's a recipe for a lot of good things in the future for New Mexico. I really think this is just the beginning, the foundation of a very good program." http://abqtrib.com/news/2007/sep/13/coach-...uits-impresses/
-
College Football Week 2 Diiscussion
I can't wait for the Miami/Oklahoma game. I actually get to watch it on TV, yeah! Baby J and Graig Cooper got me extremely excited about this season. Not to mention Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell. Some Oklahoma fans think it will be a route and Miami has absolutely no chance. Why? I don't know but it will be a fun game to watch. New Mexico State comes into Albuquerque Saturday to face UNM. Rocky Long(head coach of UNM) says this is the best Aggie team in the last 7-8 years. Hopefully UNM is ready to go. Our offense looked horrible against UTEP last Saturday but our deffense is studly this year led by one of the best CBs in the Nation, DeAndre Wright. If our QB can actually get the ball to our two stud WRs I think we will win this game easily since we are at home. Rodney Ferguson will get his rushing yards as he does every week and our deffense will keep us in the game. It's all up to our young Sophmore QB to execute this week. If we start off the season 0-2, we are in serious trouble.
-
NFL Week 1
I think Ronnie is going to have a great game against Washington. THIS is the year he will be a top 5 RB.. I hope.
-
College Football Gambling Thread
I got in at Oklahoma State+6. The more I think about it the more I really like Oklahoma States chances.
-
College Football Week 1 Discussion
Utah @ Oregon State at 10 pm (EST) is probably the best game of the night. I was thinking about putting money down on Utah but I couldn't pull the trigger. They are suppose to be one of the big three in the MWC this year along with TCU and BYU. QB Brian Johnson is a beast when healthy.
-
Kirby Freeman "wins" Miami QB job
Can't wait to see how Graig Cooper and DVD do. DVD and Kenny Phillips in the secondary should be fun to watch this year.
-
Bodog.com?
I tried going to Bodog.com like 4 times today and each time it says the site basically dosen't exist. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
-
College Football Week 1 Discussion
No Notre Dame v Georgia Tech? I really want to see the beginning of the VTech game... Im saying it right now, Oklahoma State upsets Georgia. I'm with you on that one and I will go as far as saying Oklahoma State will win by 14+.
-
The Heat sign...Penny Hardaway
I smell a second championship now..
-
scouts NCAAF Rankings
Just hand the ball off to JJ and Graig 20 times a piece every game.. I love Marve. Has anyone seen the updated commits for the Hurricanes on scout? Since July 14th, 7 commits and all complete studs. Randy Shannon is the man.
-
Josh Johnson
And the hits just keep on coming.
-
7/29-Marlins at Giants-4:05 PM-Mitre vs. Morris
If we expect to make the playoffs, we better make our move now.. :shifty
-
Let's Get One, Lineups, 7/29
Surprised we would go Wood over Jacobs with us needing a win so badly and Morris being so horrible against Leftys.
-
7/28: Marlins vs Giants - 9:05 EST @ AT&T Park
Win please.
-
UPDATED: Billups not back in Detroit....yet
It looks like the Heat are pushing hard for Steve Blake. I wouldn't mind a Jwill/Steve Blake combonation at PG. I didn't want Billups in a Heat uniform anyway. Yeah he's a great player, but it would have been wierd.