Everything posted by MikeLowell
-
NFL Draft Thread
Dolphins take CB Sean Smith 61st overall. I absolutely love this pick, he's a monster.
-
NFL Draft Thread
I wonder if Parcells is thinking of grooming White into a HB? He ran well over 600 times in his college career. He's undersized at QB but would have good size at HB. Even if he doesn't get much playing time this year, Ricky isn't a spring chicken anymore. Could be a good pick in the long run. We've already got two burners at WR.
-
NFL Draft Thread
I'm 50/50 on Vontae. He has the talent and is durable but he also seems to be a bit of a head case according to ESPN's and Scott Wright's scouting reports. It should be interesting to see if he clashes with Sparano and Parcells at some point. If he keeps himself together he could be a heck of a player.
-
Best Burger
No Checkers? The Carl's Jr Six Dollar Burger is amazing.
-
My 2009 NFL Mock Draft
I really want the Dolphins to draft Kenny Britt in the first round. I think he will be a #1 WR in the NFL but I've read two different scouting reports saying he's a diva so I doubt Parcells will take him.
-
F.I.U. Basketball Pursuing Isiah Thomas...
CORRECTION! his name is isiah thompson. You're welcome.
-
RIP to my golf clubs
ouch! I love golfing, and try to take my time with it. But, on those off days, sometimes its just hard to keep your cool and be patient. Although, I have never broken a club before! Are they older clubs? Nope I got them for my birthday last year. They where on sale and relatively cheap as far as golf clubs go. I got the entire set for about $300. They have stickers on them that say made in China lol :confused . I did miss and hit the ground hard with my driver about 3 times and twice with my 3-wood before they broke. I think I was concentrating too much on controlling my swing rather than making good contact with the ball. I'm thinking about buying a nice driver next month but I'm kind of hesitant because if I break a $200 club I will need to be medicated.
-
RIP to my golf clubs
I decided to go to the driving range today for the second straight day considering I was really starting to hit the ball well. I just started getting into golf recently and I can hit it about 150- 200 yards off the tee. Not today though. I broke the clubhead off of my driver and 3-wood. The first time I bent down to put a ball on the tee and it snapped off. After sitting for about 10 minutes because I couldn't believe what happened I got back up to hit some more. With-in 5 minutes the clubhead from 3-wood snapped off and went flying down the driving range. The worst part is that it went farther than most of the balls I hit today. Very frustrating.
-
Bonifacio is STILL in need of a nickname.
The Dominican Blur.
-
4/6 - Marlins vs Nationals
My first Marlins regular season game since moving back to Florida. 8 years in the making. Hopefully they can give me another reason to celebrate.. a W.
-
MARLINS FANS, ARE YOU READY?
Nolasco, Johnson and Volstad together for a full season. Lindstrom, Nunez, Pinto, Kensing coming out of the 'pen. A very balanced lineup. :drool Screw the talking heads on ESPN and MLB Network, in my mind we are the favorites in the NL East. We're only going to get better once Ceda and Kmart get called up hopefully in a couple weeks.
-
Andino traded
Didn't he use to be one of their top prospects a couple of years ago? I remember hereing about him quite a bit.
-
2009 NCAA Tournament Thread
How does everyones bracket look? I got mine done 10 seconds before ESPN's deadline which means I had to rush it near the end. I still think it's solid though. I have a final four of Wake Forest, Memphis, Pitt, North Carolina. North Carolina over Memphis in the championship game.
-
Official College Baseball Discussion Thread
UNM goes into College Station and sweeps a two game series aginst #3 Texas A&M. We're now 18-3. This team is unbelieveable, we have 6 guys hitting .398 or better and our pitching staff is looking great.
-
Miami, No Chance Now with Bryce Brown
Lane Kiffin coaching Bryce Brown.. Talk about the blind leading the blind.
-
2009 NCAA Tournament Thread
Shocker, the MWC only gets 2 teams in. I knew New Mexico was out but San Diego State should of been in.
-
Barry Jackson : FOX gives the Marlins no respect
Thanks to not living in New Mexico anymore and Bright House adding Fox Sports Florida to their programming I can now care less. I feel bad for the fish fans outside of the state but this doesn't really effect them if they can afford to buy MLB Extra Innings via DirecTV. In other words, screw the national media.
-
2009 nba mvp
Skip is awesome, he's the only reason I watch that show. Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless debating each other is must watch TV. I want to punch that bastard Rob Parker in the mouth. I didn't like him before the Rod Marinelli incident but I've absolutely hated him since he called in to Mike and Mike giving his reasoning as to why he left the newspaper and then said at the end of the call something to the effect of "Maybe I did get out of line but I feel he(Rod Marinelli) should have just played it off as a joke." What a p*ick, you ask if he wishes his daughter had married a better defensive coordinator and you want him to play it off? Get real. /rant Anyways, Wade should win it but LeBron most likely will.
-
World Baseball Classic
Anyone staying up late(or getting up early) to watch the Japan/China game live? I'm looking forward to seeing if this Yu Darvish kid is the real deal.
-
Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread
Hopefully Parcells is working on a deal for Boldin or Plaxico because he has done nothing since free agency officially started.
-
Two NFL players missing at sea
I'm hoping but not expecting them to be alive. It was horribly windy and cold yesterday near Clearwater, I can only imagine how bad it was 30 miles off the coast.
-
Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread
Breaking News: The Redskins have released Jason Taylor. Just came across the ESPN ticker and was on NFL Live.
-
Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread
Patriots sign Chris Baker Bart Scott agrees in prrinciple with the Jets 5 years/40 million
-
Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread
The Miami Dolphins reached an agreement with former New York Giants and Oakland Raiders safety Gibril Wilson on Thursday. Terms of the deal weren't available, but according to a source, he agreed to a five-year deal. In his first season with the Dolphins, Bill Parcells aggressively hit the free agent market, signing guard Justin Smiley and others right after the free agency period began. This year, Parcells is doing some of his best work before the start of free agency. The signing of Wilson along with the re-signings of the tackle Vernon Carey and inside linebacker Channing Crowder resolved three starting lineup issues as the Dolphins prepare for free agency. Wilson signed a six-year, $39 million contract with the Raiders last season but was cut within the last week to clear cap room. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3936198 Wow! All indications are we are going to sign Bell, if that's the case and we can slide Wilson to FS suddenly our secondary looks damn good.
-
Official NFL Free Agency/Off-Season Moves Thread
Should be fun to see who goes where, one guy who isn't going anywhere is Channing Crowder. The Miami Dolphins on Wednesday night retained a key member of their core group, reaching agreement with linebacker Channing Crowder on a multiyear contract, an NFL source told ESPN.com. Terms were not immediately available. Crowder, 25, was to become an unrestricted free agent on Friday. A third-round draft choice in 2005, the former Florida Gators standout is coming off a career year in which he played in a career-high 15 games and started 13. Crowder had 113 tackles. Crowder has played in 58 games with 50 starts. He has 206 tackles. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934941 I didn't want to see him go so I am thrilled about this. Some people whine because he doesn't get sacks or force fumbles.. he is a tackling machine and is still very young. He would of left a big hole in our linebacking core. Hopefully they can get Yeremiah Bell signed before midnight tonight.