Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andino traded

Featured Replies

Is Penn not good compensation for Andino?

 

I think he is. Andino was virtually useless here. I wanted him to succeed, but I just didn't see it. From just looking at his stats, Penn is nothing special lately, but he was terrific a couple of years ago in AAA as a 21 year old. The last couple of year have been bumpy.

Bottom line - Andino was headed for a DFA and pray he clears. Instead, we got a little something with a bit of potential. It looks like we at least got another guy to throw into the mix to be the 6th starter....

I really don't see what is wrong with Penn for Andino. Robert Andino is bad.

I meant that question very honestly. I know nothing about Penn, so I was asking for some help understanding what the trade was.

I really don't see what is wrong with Penn for Andino. Robert Andino is bad.

I meant that question very honestly. I know nothing about Penn, so I was asking for some help understanding what the trade was.

 

Looking at his numbers, he was awesome when he was young and then got hittable since 2005.

I really don't see what is wrong with Penn for Andino. Robert Andino is bad.

I meant that question very honestly. I know nothing about Penn, so I was asking for some help understanding what the trade was.

 

Looking at his numbers, he was awesome when he was young and then got hittable since 2005.

He's still young, maybe he'll get it back.

 

Whatever, we don't need Andino for anything, despite his local fan club.

Good for him. Someone help me understand the deal though.

 

Bottom line - both guys were out of options. The Marlins probably see another option for the 6th starter spot who, at least at one time, looked to have a high ceiling. And the Orioles depth chart at SS has Cesar Izturis followed by Ryan Freel. Also, Ty Wigginton is there back-up at 1B, 2B, and 3B, so I guess they wanted to add some extra depth at SS and 2B both.

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

 

How come u have Penn down as automatically in the bullpen even tho we have yet to see (obviously) what he is like in a Marlins uniform?

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

 

How come u have Penn down as automatically in the bullpen even tho we have yet to see (obviously) what he is like in a Marlins uniform?

He is out of options. He is going to be on the 25 man roster 100%.

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

 

How come u have Penn down as automatically in the bullpen even tho we have yet to see (obviously) what he is like in a Marlins uniform?

He is out of options. He is going to be on the 25 man roster 100%.

 

Ah rite cool I wasnt aware of that. I guess if he sucks by the time Proctor is ready to return there isnt much lost from the trade in just cutting him then as we probs would of cut Andino anyways.

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

 

How come u have Penn down as automatically in the bullpen even tho we have yet to see (obviously) what he is like in a Marlins uniform?

He is out of options. He is going to be on the 25 man roster 100%.

 

Ah rite cool I wasnt aware of that. I guess if he sucks by the time Proctor is ready to return there isnt much lost from the trade in just cutting him then as we probs would of cut Andino anyways.

Yep. That's exactly the point I alluding too. This move signifies they are keeping EB up permanently and he and Amezaga will be the backups/sometimes starters, so Andino was going to be waived anyways. Here, we at least get a RHP better than Carlos Martinez or Rick Vanden Hurk or Burke Badenhop for 4-6 weeks while Proctor is out, and if he is any good, it's just a bonus. Plus, he probably slips through waivers easily in May so we could send him to AAA and evaluate. This was a good move.

 

I like this exchange considering where we are, however EULOGIO DE LA CRUZ > HAYDEN PENN. I don't get that part of this, but oh well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.