Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andino traded

Featured Replies

This will get interesting when Proctor is back.

 

Lindstrom

Nunez

Kensing

Calero

Penn

Pinto

Meyer

 

Someone is getting waived from Penn, Meyer, or Calero.

 

How come u have Penn down as automatically in the bullpen even tho we have yet to see (obviously) what he is like in a Marlins uniform?

He is out of options. He is going to be on the 25 man roster 100%.

I can't remember if it was the Sun-Sentinel or Herald's blog that said with his numbers last year and this spring, perhaps the Marlins thought it would be easier to get him to clear waivers and be sent to AAA than Andino.

So who's going to be the backup middle-infielder to start the year, assuming Amezaga can't make it back for opening day?

 

Assuming Paulino, Gload, and Helms are locks. Who are the other 2 bench players?

once upon a time Penn was a pretty highly touted prospect if I recall... not that the O's system was very good though.

 

For now it's pitching depth I guess, decent move since Andino obviously wasn't going to be part of the future here.

 

 

So who's going to be the backup middle-infielder to start the year, assuming Amezaga can't make it back for opening day?

 

Assuming Paulino, Gload, and Helms are locks. Who are the other 2 bench players?

Good question.

Seriously...Everyone remember that Andino hit damn .200ish and was a backup inf. Also remember that the Marlins brass does baseball for a living. Its a wonder they got anything for him and there is a reason he was traded. Just calm down. Its not the end of the world.

I really don't get it. Look at Penn's ST stats, let alone he's out of options too, righty not lefty. Gload for a PTBNL............

 

All of sudden gone are Gibbons, DLC, Andino, Mc Pherson and we just managed to get an out-of-options pitcher and Gload in return. Hello, Sheff and Jenkins are still out there and will play for the minimum. Do Beinfest and Hill know?

I simply don't get it.

I'm not sure how the whole system works but is it in the realms of possibility that the PTBNL we get from the Padres from the DLC deal just goes straight to KC as part of the Gload deal?

We technically don't need a backup middle infielder with Bonifacio starting at 3rd. If something happens to one of those guys, you just put Helms or Cantu at 3rd and shift Boni to the middle.

This team has seemed high on Penn for a while, he was the centerpiece of a trade rumor in 05 for Lowell and Burnett if memory serves me right.

This team has seemed high on Penn for a while, he was the centerpiece of a trade rumor in 05 for Lowell and Burnett if memory serves me right.

 

Thank god we didn't make that deal...

 

:confused

We technically don't need a backup middle infielder with Bonifacio starting at 3rd. If something happens to one of those guys, you just put Helms or Cantu at 3rd and shift Boni to the middle.

 

ooooo, good point. This team probably ought to carry 2 outfielders on the bench. They'll have enough options to cover SS/2B behind the starters.

This trade works, but I just have no clue where Penn is supposed to fit on this team. I'm guessing long relief since he has been a starter in the past, and our rotation is set.

eh i know Penn.

He was supposed to be a pretty good pitcher but he has flopped.

im going to miss andino.

always rooted for him.

damn emilio bonifacio.

This trade works, but I just have no clue where Penn is supposed to fit on this team. I'm guessing long relief since he has been a starter in the past, and our rotation is set.

 

Either long relief or SP depth in AAA. Another arm who could one day be an ML starter, but for know we add him to Badenhop, Vandenhurk, Trahern, West, Thompson (and maybe a couple of others) as the guys who could step in if an ML starter goes down.

This trade works, but I just have no clue where Penn is supposed to fit on this team. I'm guessing long relief since he has been a starter in the past, and our rotation is set.

 

Either long relief or SP depth in AAA. Another arm who could one day be an ML starter, but for know we add him to Badenhop, Vandenhurk, Trahern, West, Thompson (and maybe a couple of others) as the guys who could step in if an ML starter goes down.

I doubt he's going to AAA, since I'm pretty sure he's out of options. I still say long relief/spot starter. I don't trust Badenhop or Vanden Hurk much, but Penn's track record is not great. So I can't say if this is an upgrade or not.

This trade works, but I just have no clue where Penn is supposed to fit on this team. I'm guessing long relief since he has been a starter in the past, and our rotation is set.

 

Either long relief or SP depth in AAA. Another arm who could one day be an ML starter, but for know we add him to Badenhop, Vandenhurk, Trahern, West, Thompson (and maybe a couple of others) as the guys who could step in if an ML starter goes down.

I doubt he's going to AAA, since I'm pretty sure he's out of options. I still say long relief/spot starter. I don't trust Badenhop or Vanden Hurk much, but Penn's track record is not great. So I can't say if this is an upgrade or not.

 

He is out of options, yes. I've read that because of poor ML numbers and a poor spring, he'd have a good chance of clearing waivers if they go that route.

I love this trade. I remember the Marlins wanting Hayden Penn as the center piece of a deal for AJ Burnett. Andino will never be big major league contributer IMO, he is a AAAA player at best. Not high on him at all.

 

Penn on the other hand is still only 24 years old and the classic case of a pitcher who was terribly mishandled by the organization in Baltimore, rushed to the big leagues two years before his time, sent back to the minors, rushed again sent back and got bored/suffered nagging injuries...Still young though and could be a contributing arm somewhere down the line.

:(

 

 

You all know i love Andino, very sad to see him go :(

 

Hopefully the Orioles can find a way to get him some starts from time to time.

:(

 

 

You all know i love Andino, very sad to see him go :(

 

Hopefully the Orioles can find a way to get him some starts from time to time.

what? did you catch a fly ball of his at your first game or something? he sucks.

:(

 

 

You all know i love Andino, very sad to see him go :(

 

Hopefully the Orioles can find a way to get him some starts from time to time.

what? did you catch a fly ball of his at your first game or something? he sucks.

 

 

Andino is still a very good fielder, and was one of the better base runners i saw on the team last season. He has the stuff to be a good player, just needs to be on a team that will be willing to give the man a chance.

Andino got lucky, because the Orioles actually need someone like him on the bench. Most other teams would have him in AAA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.