April 1, 200917 yr Penn may or may not be around all that long. By now everyone knows he's a pet of Mark Wiley who will probably park him at the end of the pen and give himself x days or weeks to straighten out whatever is stunting his development, hoping he can avoid using him in game-altering situations until he either gets him back on track or gives up on the experiment and the organization either cuts him or gets him through waivers to NOLA or the Suns.
April 1, 200917 yr Penn may or may not be around all that long. By now everyone knows he's a pet of Mark Wiley who will probably park him at the end of the pen and give himself x days or weeks to straighten out whatever is stunting his development, hoping he can avoid using him in game-altering situations until he either gets him back on track or gives up on the experiment and the organization either cuts him or gets him through waivers to NOLA or the Suns. I agree with this approach. And if it does happen this way, I'm cautiously optimistic that Penn will contribute in the pen and possibly in the rotation. He had a 3.87 ERA and 436 Strikeouts in 489 Minor League Innings Pitched. I don't think its too unreasonable that under Wiley's tutelage, this 24-year old former top 100 MLB prospect could turn into a solid, versatile arm.
April 1, 200917 yr I like this deal. We had Alfredo, and I'm sure Penn is worth more then Andino if he doesn't work out. Plus Andino gets a shot. I hope he can play SS, wouldn't it be great if he turned out to have a good career---especially a Miami Kid. Good Luck Robert, Hello Hayden
April 1, 200917 yr I think Andino could turn out to be an Aaron Hill type of player, but with more stolen bases.
April 2, 200917 yr Penn may or may not be around all that long. By now everyone knows he's a pet of Mark Wiley who will probably park him at the end of the pen and give himself x days or weeks to straighten out whatever is stunting his development, hoping he can avoid using him in game-altering situations until he either gets him back on track or gives up on the experiment and the organization either cuts him or gets him through waivers to NOLA or the Suns. I agree with this approach. And if it does happen this way, I'm cautiously optimistic that Penn will contribute in the pen and possibly in the rotation. He had a 3.87 ERA and 436 Strikeouts in 489 Minor League Innings Pitched. I don't think its too unreasonable that under Wiley's tutelage, this 24-year old former top 100 MLB prospect could turn into a solid, versatile arm. Just like Meyer right
April 2, 200917 yr Penn may or may not be around all that long. By now everyone knows he's a pet of Mark Wiley who will probably park him at the end of the pen and give himself x days or weeks to straighten out whatever is stunting his development, hoping he can avoid using him in game-altering situations until he either gets him back on track or gives up on the experiment and the organization either cuts him or gets him through waivers to NOLA or the Suns. I agree with this approach. And if it does happen this way, I'm cautiously optimistic that Penn will contribute in the pen and possibly in the rotation. He had a 3.87 ERA and 436 Strikeouts in 489 Minor League Innings Pitched. I don't think its too unreasonable that under Wiley's tutelage, this 24-year old former top 100 MLB prospect could turn into a solid, versatile arm. Just like Meyer right Is Meyer going to make the team?
April 2, 200917 yr Penn may or may not be around all that long. By now everyone knows he's a pet of Mark Wiley who will probably park him at the end of the pen and give himself x days or weeks to straighten out whatever is stunting his development, hoping he can avoid using him in game-altering situations until he either gets him back on track or gives up on the experiment and the organization either cuts him or gets him through waivers to NOLA or the Suns. I agree with this approach. And if it does happen this way, I'm cautiously optimistic that Penn will contribute in the pen and possibly in the rotation. He had a 3.87 ERA and 436 Strikeouts in 489 Minor League Innings Pitched. I don't think its too unreasonable that under Wiley's tutelage, this 24-year old former top 100 MLB prospect could turn into a solid, versatile arm. Just like Meyer right Is Meyer going to make the team? Yes. It'll be surprising if this isn't the staff. Nolasco, Johnson, Volstad, Sanchez, Miller Lindstrom, Nunez, Kensing, Calero, Penn, Pinto, Meyer If Lindstrom is out, Carlos Martinez will sneak onto the roster a few days.
April 2, 200917 yr RVH > Badenhop > Penn ...And this is why you're NOT a scout... guess we'll see what happens.
April 2, 200917 yr Penn who had out of option, have NO reliever experience. So we'll test him as a reliever right now. If we do that, We Must be DFAd him. That's make no sense.
April 2, 200917 yr Penn who had out of option, have NO reliever experience. So we'll test him as a reliever right now. If we do that, We Must be DFAd him. That's make no sense. You don't need experience to be a reliever. You just need to be able to pitch. If you're a starter...you can be a reliever.
April 2, 200917 yr Good luck to Andino, I know he wasn't the greatest player, but he always was good about signing autographs and talking with the fans, that counts for something in the long run. Hopefully he plays his way into a position eventually.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.