Everything posted by marlinsfan75
-
Anyone going today?
Anyone from the boards going today?
-
Thinking out loud
Jacobs starts. Boone will still see plenty of ABs. Do you think Jacobs starts in this current lineup (meaning 7th)? Or do you think we see a lineup reshuffle where Jake gets to go back to the heart of the order? That's a tough one. In my opinion Jake was hitting better than last year before he got hurt. I don't know the stats but in watching him, he was seeming to hit lefties better as well which seemed to be his Achilles heel last year. I think he is in the same boat as Hermida in that he is young and has been nagged with injuries and we really don't know yet how good he can be. Good question though.
-
Rotoworld's take on the Marlins closer of the future
As much as I like Owens and K-Mart's potential (and even Tank), Gregg just seems to not get rattled. That's one of the most important aspects of being a closer. You're always gonna give up hits and have bad days, but out of the bunch I think Gregg has that going for him over the others. I like that we can have a good discussion on who should be the closer because we never knew if any of these guys could do squat when we got them. Now I think we have a plethora of relievers who are very capable.
-
Where does the '03 Marlins IF defense rank
This is the only thing that makes me think we might not be WS contenders for another 3-4 years. Our defense is atrocious, and I am not sure we can be legit WS contenders without at least an above average defense. And, I may be wrong, I think it takes longer to develop into a good defender than other facets of the game. I agree with you here. Really the past two years have been the worst in quite awhile. I think and hope they will get better but it may be with other teams by then. We have a pretty potent offensive infield though when everyone is healthy.
-
KMart update
I think he got hurt very early last year so I don't think he is ahead. I think he is right there.
-
Fredi: Gregg to remain Closer
Who's going to cut everyone's hair now?
-
How would Jack pronounce some of the new fish?
The many times he tried to pronounce "Encarnacion" were classic. I think sometimes he just made up stuff. It was like listening to Harry Caray again.
-
Everyone who's unhappy with there CABLE PROVIDER...
Hey Cape, Thanks for all the info. I am in Naples and am in the same boat as Someguy150. I am not getting the extra games on FSN\SUN. How is Dish Network compared to Direct TV? I was thinking about getting Direct TV but all the channel lineups are virtually the same as Comcast here (even the HD channels are the same) and the price is a little higher than Comcast for the same channels. What's the advantage, the channels being all digital? I have had problems with DirecTV's billing. My experience may or not may be typical, but my household here in Cape Coral now has Dish Network. Reasons we like Dish Network over DirecTV/Comcast: 1) Not one issue with billing from Dish in over 4 years. 2) Very responsive customer service. (You can e-mail the CEO's office at ceo@dishnetwork.com and they answer with real solutions) 3) You can have 2 TVs with 2 seperate programs running from the same box (so you don't have to pay the extra rental/box fees for the 2nd TV like you do with DirecTV/Comcast) like the 622 HD DVR, 625 SD DVR & 322 SD Box 4) They carry all 150 Marlins games on FSN Florida (Channel 423) and Sun Sports (Channel 422). 5) They also have FSN Florida HD and Sun Sports HD up and running for those with DishHD boxes. 6) Dish Network carries all of our local channels. (NBC2, ABC7, FOX4, WINK-TV, CW6, etc.) 7) Dish Network has NFL Network on even the most basic AT100 package. 8) I added WWOR-TV New York (carries Yanks on Fridays usually) for $1.50/month and WPIX-TV New York (carries Mets on weekends usually) for another $1.50/month....you get all their programs from MyNetworkTV (WWOR) and CW (WPIX) including any Mets/Yanks games without blackout! 9) Dish's system is easy to use and the channels look good even on our older TVs. 10) Dish rarely has outages from rain or bad weather.....Comcast can take time to get things fixed and DirecTV's satellites do encounter more rain fade than Dish. Dish uses the 110 and 119 satellites to give us programming....FSN-HD is on 61.5 which they will install a second dish for so you get the best signals. Usually, if Dish goes out....it is due to the rain causing the power to blink or go out causing the box to reboot (I solved this with a battery backup from APC ) 11) Dish is cheaper for us than DirecTV/Comcast would be for the same or less. My biggest issue with Dish Network is they do not have MLB Extra Innings, but if I wanted I could get MLB.tv. We have 4 TVs in our house, so Dish makes more sense than DirecTV or Comcast since they would make us rent 4 boxes vs. only 3 from Dish....and we still get to use 4 TVs for 4 seperate programs. Plus, Dish has UHF Pro remotes which work through walls and furniture....so the boxes don't have to be out in the open. If anyone is thinking about Dish, you can PM me and I will give you a ClubDISH Phone & ID Number you can call where they can answer all your questions and if you order, they waive activation. Installation and Equipment are free as always with Dish. Plus any other promotions Dish is offering right now, like the $10 back a month for 10 months. Thanks again for all this info. I may be switching over. My next obstacle is I rent my condo but I think I can get permission to install the dish. I called Comcast in Naples and they had no idea and just gave me some other numbers to call. Not only am I not getting the 50 extra games but the channel that carried FSN HD (206) in Naples doesn't show any Marlin games anymore. Which is one of the major reasons I got the HD package. Thanks for info Cape
-
Everyone who's unhappy with there CABLE PROVIDER...
Hey Cape, Thanks for all the info. I am in Naples and am in the same boat as Someguy150. I am not getting the extra games on FSN\SUN. How is Dish Network compared to Direct TV? I was thinking about getting Direct TV but all the channel lineups are virtually the same as Comcast here (even the HD channels are the same) and the price is a little higher than Comcast for the same channels. What's the advantage, the channels being all digital?
-
Wes Helms' comments on Scott Olsen
if Olsen can channel his personality, i think its a tremendous positive for this team and for himself... not everyone should have his firey attitude, but for those who have it, ala Josh Beckett...it can be a benefit if used productively and respectfully...if Scotty figures it out he'll be fine... Exactly what I was thinking as far as his personality being like Josh's. I remember hating his cockiness and how he showed people up sometimes but the great pitching makes it all tolerable. Hopefully Scotty can do the same.
-
Caption this...
They even have the same hairstyle, lol.
-
Uggla/Offense
Well after a weak start his average is climbing and he now has 9 homers and is up there in the team-lead in RBI's. I like that he has adjusted and is doing better. I know many of the sophomore slump predictions were about Uggla but he seems to be coming around. And with Hermida also coming around I really like how our offense stacks up. We have a good combination of speed and power, we just need our pitchers back.
-
Jorge Julio Appreciation Thread
A class act and an honor roll graduate from the Matt Perisho school for relievers. :thumbup LOL. Dude that made my day.
-
I need help from another musician here
I use Sonar 5. I know they have 6 out and 7 is probably on the way. I used Home Studio for years before upgrading. What instrument do you play?
-
JJ
I actually put Scotty O above JJ talent wise. I am not as high on D-Train as most(for example, I would much rather of kept Big Tex and traded D-Train if that option was available), as he is being forced into the ace role and he isnt an ace, just a really good #2. D-Trains overall hot-and-cold routine where hes really good or really awful with very little grey area is also a turnoff. That said, JJ is the guy I want on the hill if we have to win a game and the first guy in the rotation in a playoff series. Olsen has the stuff but JJ can better utilize his repertoire. I am in agreement with you here. Dontrelle is our ace but his consistency is terrible. The walks are killing us. I can understand it from rookies but he is in his 5th year now. I know some of it is from his non-orthodox delivery which is both good and bad. I like JJ but I think Olsen's "stuff" is better, a little nastier.
-
Anibal Sanchez optioned to AAA
Didnt he have some kind of injury scare before spring training? I remember reading something where he had to stop throwing for a short period or something in ST. Hopefully it gets sorted out.
-
Marlins-Indians
Bitcomet is my P2P of choice but is of course a personal preference. I do not think you can find those World Series' on any P2P though. I actually found the 2003 NLCS on Ebay but someone outbid me for it. I would pay some $ for those 7 games.
-
I Blame Julio
We are losing because Chuck Carr isn't stealing bases.
-
Julio gotta go
His ERA is 19.06 :o I guess the good thing about that is it can't get any higher. Or can it? I wonder what the highest ERA ever is with like 50 or more IP. Maybe he can work on that record or something.
-
Lee Gardner optioned to AAA
i know it sucks but we get tank back which should be sweet, is it wrong to wish injury on your own player? anyone have one of those voodoo dolls I offered to break his arm the other day! Or just have him hang out with Ken Griffey Jr and something will happen.
-
Carlos Martinez Update
I was starting to wonder about K-Mart. Maybe after Julio blows a couple more and by the All-Star break we can make room for him. Just hope he has similar stuff to before he got hurt. I am not all sold on Owens yet. He seems to have command problems but I know it is early.
-
Saturday game on television?
buy a ticket to the game Vero Beach is quite far from DS. So is Naples but I'm going.
-
Opening Day!
The good news: The Marlin's season opener is tonight. The bad news: I have nine hours of work to sit through before I can go home, crack open a few liters of beer and watch the Marlins game. Nonetheless I figured I'd start up a thread in honor of opening day. Should be a damn fun season. and even more bad news.... they're playing while you're at work.. He's posting from Bulgaria so maybe he'll get lucky. I guess they sell beer by the liter over there as well. Either way I'm excited.
-
Did ticket prices go up higher than expected?
But at least you got Rage tickets!
-
Hermida may begin season on DL
Borchard made a diving catch and had an outfield assist in right yesterday. Who cares....now we don't have a RFer or a CFer and we lost 1 starter from our rotation.....ouch. Not to sound negative but he just continues to become more and more of a liability. You're posts are ridiculous....and to think I was arguing with you over Joe Borchard...haha Hopefully this will make the Marlins trade Petit or someone in the minors for an OFer!!!!!!!!!!! How can you possibly blame me for thinking he's becoming a liability? Please tell me. And to think I was arguing with someone who doesn't know proper third grade grammar. Grammer doesnt factor in much in an arguement as long as its clear what someone is saying. Hermida needs to stay healthy we can't afford an OF that is worse than what we already have. Grammar actually is important because as opposed to talking directly to you I cannot see your body language or anything. Many mis-spelled words can easily become other words which leads to more arguing.