Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gomarlins9703

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gomarlins9703

  1. Shouldnt I still be able to get this on MLB.TV since its still on a Toranto tv station? Yep i'm watching it on mlb.tv now Two nice plays by Uggla for the first two outs I dont understand...it wont let me watch it. It says "We're sorry! Your data indicate that you are prevented from watching this game LIVE due to national live broadcast restrictions." wtf On Saturdays(when they broadcast an afternoon game), Fox has exclusive rights from 1pm to 7pm. So MLB.TV & MLB ExtraInnings are blacked out. I remember last year mlb.tv would sometimes come on at 7pm.....I would give it a try then. :thumbup
  2. Shouldnt I still be able to get this on MLB.TV since its still on a Toranto tv station? Yep i'm watching it on mlb.tv now Two nice plays by Uggla for the first two outs I dont understand...it wont let me watch it. It says "We're sorry! Your data indicate that you are prevented from watching this game LIVE due to national live broadcast restrictions." wtf It's not letting me watch any game, they are all blocked :mad
  3. What about that guy in AAA that has 17 hrs so far. What was his name? Clinkade or something like that. That's Seabol...but Kinkade is also terring it up. But they're both not rookies so we probably won't see them. If this was last year, we probably would have seen one of them. Also, James Shanks is having a nice season, he might be another option since we have a spot open on the 40-man now, but i doubt we'd see him. Hopefully we'll see Andino since AA has been playing CF now and we have plenty of OF's on the bench.
  4. That's the NBA for you
  5. should have pinch hit
  6. moehler finding any way to suck
  7. don't worry, the game is still young. moe's still got another 8 1/3 innings with which to redeem himself. hopefully not
  8. don't worry, the game is still young. moe's still got another 8 1/3 innings with which to redeem himself. hopefully not
  9. I've seen just about enough of Moehler
  10. JUPITER, Fla. -- Trevor Hutchinson was going through drills on the back fields of Roger Dean Stadium when the Marlins drafted pitcher Brett Sinkbeil in the first round of Tuesday's First-Year Player Draft. The pitching-rich franchise traditionally leans toward compiling as many arms as possible for its Minor League system. It wasn't long ago when Hutchinson was regarded as the franchise's top pitching prospect. The Marlins picked Hutchinson in the third round of the 2002 draft, the same year they made outfielder Jeremy Hermida their top pick. By 2004, the right-hander was on the fast track to the big leagues. But in March of 2005, Hutchinson's rise was set back by a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. After Dr. James Andrews performed surgery in Birmingham, Ala., the 6-foot-5, 220-pounder sat out the entire season. His road to recovery has taken him to a place where he has excelled in the past. Hutchinson, 26, is again pitching for the Class A Jupiter Hammerheads. In 2003, he dominated there, going 9-2 with a 2.77 ERA before the organization promoted him to Double-A Carolina for the rest of the season. So far, Hutchinson has enjoyed similar results. He is 2-1 with a 2.74 ERA this season. In 11 games, including six starts, he has thrown 42 2/3 innings, striking out 33 and walking nine. "I look back and want to say my injury happened at the wrong time," said Hutchinson, the brother of NFL quarterback Chad Hutchinson. "But it is what it is. I'm actually thankful that it happened because I think I'm a completely different pitcher now than I was before. I have more confidence in everything I'm doing. Things actually matter to me more, because with the injury you get older and you start appreciating the game. You wonder if you are going to come back or not." Before the injury, Hutchinson was throwing in the 93-95 mph range. He says he is now being clocked between 88 and 90 mph and can feel his strength and velocity building with each outing. Hutchinson is also aware of his position in the organization. The Marlins have accumulated plenty of young pitching, and he knows an opportunity to get called up to the big leagues this season may be remote. Looking objectively at his situation makes it easier for him to be back in Class A three years after he left it. "When I first came here [this spring], I was thinking, 'I've done this, I've conquered this," Hutchinson said. "So why can't I just go do it again?' That mentality got me nowhere because I put a lot of pressure on myself. Now I look at it as this is a year that I'm going to take it for what it is. If I make it to the big leagues, great. If I don't, I'm going to use this year to improve. "I'm sort of looking to next year," he added. "Next year is going to be my year where I come back full-strength, and not the year I came back from the DL. This year, I haven't put as much pressure on myself. But when I start doing better, that kind of changes." His main objective now is staying healthy. When he visited Dr. Andrews in 2005, he believed he was going to have a scope to clean up his shoulder. Instead, he learned that 90 percent of his rotator cuff was torn. So instead of missing five months, Hutchinson lost the entire season. He has started games in Jupiter to give him a chance to build up innings and arm strength. But his path to the big leagues may ultimately be as a reliever. "I don't really care," Hutchinson said of whether he starts or relieves. "I'll do whatever it takes, to be honest. Right now, I enjoy starting because I'm coming off an injury and you need the innings to build your pitches back and get the atmosphere. But if or when I get called up, I could care less. We have a lot of talent in this organization, so in a way, I have to be patient and see what happens. "It's different when you are in the big leagues and you have an injury," he added. "There you know what you've done, and when you return, you're back in the big leagues. I haven't made it. So you sort of question your stuff and whether you can come back, or if you want to come back. It gets through that whole mental barrier where you know you can do it. I think I benefited a lot from it." Link'
  11. http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...ve.jsp?c_id=fla Why not Herges?? :banghead :banghead :banghead :thumbdown
  12. Duck X-Ray Reveals 'Alien Head' CORDELIA, Calif. (June 1) - The International Bird Rescue Research Center in Cordelia plans to raise money with the help of an unusual duck X-ray. The bird came in with a broken wing, but when Marie Travers, assistant manager of the center, radiographed the duck, she was stunned to see a very clear image of what appeared to be the face, or head, of an extraterrestrial alien in the bird's stomach. "Marie looked at it and all she could say was 'unbelievable,"' said Karen Benzel, public affairs director for the rescue center, which has been rescuing sick and injured birds for more than three decades. Unfortunately, the duck died quickly and quietly of its injuries. Initial reports from the center claimed the cause of the alien face was never determined, but Benzel said she was still awaiting results of a necropsy. Either way, the center has come up with a way to turn its alien encounter into a fundraiser for the center. It will auction off the X-ray on eBay. The one-of-a-kind image, which measures 17-by-14 inches, will be sold along with a certificate of authenticity. All proceeds will go toward funding the center's rehabilitation programs. The auction begins Sunday. 06/01/06 18:48 EDT Look at the Picture
  13. Does anyone remember how we acquired Wellemeyer? IIRC we claimed him off waivers from the Cubs. We traded him for Lincoln Holdzkom and another minor leager Thanks. Does anyone know who that "other" minor leaguer is? Front office took a shot, and it didn't work out. No big woop. I believe it was Zach McCormack
  14. Does anyone remember how we acquired Wellemeyer? IIRC we claimed him off waivers from the Cubs. We traded him for Lincoln Holdzkom and another minor leager
  15. Sampson was just on 790 and said that a new stadium does not necessarily guarentee a payroll increase.
  16. I'd do the Dodgers for the likes of Billingsley,Martin, Kemp,etc.
  17. 5/29/06 Activated RHP Franklyn German from the 15-day disabled list and optioned LHP Renyel Pinto to Triple-A Albuquerque. :thumbdown They probably wanted to get him more work
  18. TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays on Monday transferred right-hander A.J. Burnett from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list. Signed to a five-year, $55 million contract in the offseason, Burnett was placed on the disabled list for the second time this season on April 23 with an elbow injury. He now will not be eligible to come off the DL until at least June 21. Burnett is 0-1 with a 6.30 ERA in two starts this season. The Blue Jays were hoping that former Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay and Burnett would form a potent 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation. The 29-year-old Burnett went 12-12 with a 3.44 ERA in a career-high 32 starts for the Florida Marlins last season, recording 198 strikeouts in 209 innings. :lol
  19. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.