Everything posted by Eddie Altamonte
-
Marlins trade Josh Wilson to Rockies
I wouldnt mind one the outfielders from the Modesto Farm team ...I really like Matt Miller, but we would have to give a high level prospect as well http://www.modestonuts.com/news/?id=4090 "Matt Miller, 23, was named the South Atlantic League's Most Valuable Player after batting .331 with 30 home runs and 100 RBIs for the Asheville Tourists. He also was named the circuit's Topps Minor League Player of the Year. Miller led the circuit with 168 hits, also ranking among league leaders in home runs (second), slugging (second, .575), average (third), extra base hits (third, 64), RBIs (fourth) and doubles (tied for fifth, 34). He was the organization's player of the month in May, when he batted .364 (44-for-121) with six home runs and 28 RBIs, and twice won the SAL's Batter of the Week award. " 14 Colonel Christian OF R R 12/25/1981 6' 2" 210 8 Gaetti Joseph OF R R 10/16/1981 5' 11" 205 12 Miller Matthew OF R R 12/26/1982 6' 2" 210 7 Smith Garry OF L L 09/30/1982 6' 3" 215 any of the other outfielders would be ok, I think Colonel is a real prospect high OBP, excellent k/bb rate but Gaetti had excellent power with a .330 avg (21hrs)
-
Marlins trade Josh Wilson to Rockies
With the Rockies having signed Eli Marrero it makes an outfielder available... http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...e2005&fext=.jsp "Marrero runs well enough to play all three outfield positions. His presence adds intrigue to a backup outfield picture that includes Choo Freeman, who is out of Minor League options, converted first baseman Ryan Shealy, center fielders Jeff Salazar and Ryan Spilborghs, pinch-hit whiz Jorge Piedra and, possibly, power-hitting third base prospect Jeff Baker. " I am not certain I would Like Freeman but anyone of the other guys would be ok with me
-
Idle speculation
I agree Jeff DaVannon is a better fit than Aurillia he can play lf or cf
-
Marlins trade Josh Wilson to Rockies
Hopefully We get an outfielder...We are seriously lacking in that area. Very surprising move on the Rockies behalf but then again I feel Wilson has a huge upside
-
Why 2005 was a failure...
I blame H. Wayne Huizenga anything bad that happens with this team forever will be his fault...THE JACKASS!
-
BA on Marlins Rule 5 guys Uggla and Megrew
Great article...I myself was extremely surprised when Kevin Howard wasn't selected with him having played at UM but this explains it well plus Uggla projects 25-30 hrs type of power. Magrew can still pitch and the fastball will take life as he regains confidence. He mainly will be pitching in batting practice and out in the bullpen in early part of the season untill he is totally ready. I doubt Tank will be brought up so quickly I would expect him down in the Carolina league for at least 1/2 a season. He will be a great setup guy for sure
-
Marlins Designate Wilson, Baker for Assignment
Wilson is definitely still a significant option...At worse, he may need to complete his transition to 2nd base in Triple A but he will be right back up to the big leagues again...It is just a numbers game to accomodate the 40 man roster.
-
Attendance
I would love to go to games now I can pick any seat in the stadium and not worry that it will belong to someone arriving late...and the promotions will be incredible...probably give a car away to the 10,000th fan every night...in fact one night someone might even get to be the 10,000th fan...anyone wanna start a pool to guess the total attendence next year? my first guess is 925,000 fans
-
ESPN's projected lineups
I have the impression that Giradi full intent is to work with Willingham to enhanced his catching skills...I just don't see the Marlins converting him to the outfield at the same time as they are trying to make him a better catcher...Olivo is not guarenteed a spot on the roster, he needs a lot of help in getting his swing together so he can hit major league pitching day in and day out. He does have a canon for an arm and is solid defensively, but the again we already have Treanor as a defensive backup...I don't see Pokey starting I believe Josh Wilson and Uggla will be given every opportunity possible to succeed there. We will see some more wheeling and dealing during spring training...Aguila will not be our LF look for another trade soon
-
The REAL story of why we didn't offer T. Jones arbitration...
Guess what I don't buy it!...I believe the Marlins would have loved to trade a Todd Jones with a minimun qualifying contract if he ever agreed to one. We could have gotten some decent prospects. He would have been auctioned off to the highest bidder. Much more than what We got for Villone. There is no doubt that signing bonuses to unproven draft picks was a concern but then... could those not be traded also?
-
Winter League Updates
I hope this will not be an indicator of their performance anyone notice the huge amounts of strikeouts everyone had and most significant is the k/bb ratios are very poor
-
List of non-tenders
We already signed Olivo and Borowski the only one else We need to sign is Alex Escobar i believe he still has potential in him to be a major league outfielder and maybe a chance to start everyday with the Marlins might just be the break he needs to finally arrive
-
Jeremy Reed
Going back to Jeremy Reed i like him but our own Reed (Eric) may grade out just as well I am more concerned about LF than CF. We could use a solid run producer as a corner outfielder. Someone to bookcase with Hermida maybe Jonny Gomes. Jeremy Reed is solid and fast but who would be our LF...Reggie Abercrombie??? We need a corner OF much more
-
Hanley in CF?
QUOTE(Hugg @ Dec 31 2005, 10:07 AM) If anyone should be moving to CF, it's Andino. Although I don't think he has the bat to justify it anyway. he's barely got the bat to justify being a bench player, much less the attitude. Andino is a utility player at best right now Hanley is our starting SS...Reed will be our starting CF
-
Slate Article about Marlins
I Kinda agree with the article it was always said than when Charlie Finlley tried to to restructure his payroll just before he was vetoed by i believe Comissioner Kuhn was way ahead of his time he would had a team that would have dominnant in baseball for the next decade...as it was he lost his players in free agency with little to show for it and Oakland became a celler dweller while this led to the Yankees becoming an empire again. The Marlins will bounce back the fans need to just be patient and back the team and a new stadium. We will have fun for years to come
-
Marlins sign Helms and Olivo
...Helms will be defensive backup for both Jacobs and Cabrera