Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Nobody knows who she is, exactly, but pretty much anyone with eyes should be able to tell this is one of the greatest commercials ever made. So simple, so subtle, and yet everytime it comes on tv, it drives me out of my mind! She needs to be in every commercial ever.
  2. and you dont give reed a chance to make good? in that outfield we have, reed's defense could be vital. Why doesnt he get this same chance to make good? Because Borchard's shown the ability to out OPS everyone whom he is in the running with. Unless you truly believe Reed to be capable of moving Hanley to the 3-spot and advancing the lineup to where I anticipate we will eventually be, you're looking at three guys who are fighting for the 7 spot in the lineup. Down there, OPS is a great blanket stat. Olivo and the pitcher are hit/miss spots, so the value of pure on-base skills is greatly diminished batting in front of the two. Conversely, looking solely for a masher means we run the risk of throwing out an almost assured 1-2-3 inning with the bottom third of the lineup 3/4 of the time if not more, and a team like us that is going to have to maximize the value of every out (unless we're done bitching about bunting in the first inning because Freddi's making the calls and not Joe) cannot afford to give away entire innings like that. Borchard's the best combination of hitting a double and taking a walk we have in the centerfield mix. If he demonstrates an inability to do that during his make good session, then you go with Reed, know that you're just putting the defense out there and any hitting is just gravy. Personally, I love how defense is virtually ignored in this entire arguement. If we were playing in Philly, I could fully run with the offense first, whatever we get defensively is great. We dont. We have a team that is supposed to go as far as the pitching takes us and we play in one of the biggest parks in baseball. You need defense in the outfield. Especially with the limited range of the other outfielders. Its mostly a matter of philosophy. I think OPS is an overrated stat and we far too often look at that stat as the one that says everything. There is a reason why this game isnt played via stats alone. The game isn't played via stats at all. It is studied with stats to make logical conclusions based on more than our opinions or our eyes tell us. Outfield defense is much more overrated than infield defense. If our pitchers are relying on their outfielders for the majority of our outs then we're in trouble, I can tell you that right now, because of all flyballs hit, about 10% of them go for homeruns. So if our outfielders are making a lot of plays, that means we're giving up a lot of homers, and we'll have more to worry about. I say stick the best offensive players we have in the outfield and we'll be fine. There are 3 parts to the game, sure, but defense is the one that isn't nearly as important as the other two.
  3. Anyone ever read any of Max Brooks' (Yes, Mels' son) books? The Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. Basically, this guy is super serious about Zombies, or so it appears. While he never lets on in his books or interviews, you just get the feeling that it's completely tongue in cheek. The Survival Guide is just that, it tells you how to survive a zombie outbreak, and it is unrelenting in it's seriousness, which is where the humor comes in for me. It's not necessarily funny, but the books are so incredibly seriously about it that I can't help but feel like I'm being let in on the joke. World War Z is an oral history of the full blown Zombie outbreak that pushes humanity to the brink. It's engrossing, as his narrative is told through the stories of survivors of the outbreak, and it is incredibly realistic and well thought out, as he presents to you the exact ways humanity actually survives, and the lengths they went to to ensure we survived. I highly reccomend these books for anyone who, like me, thinks Zombies are undeniably the coolest horror movie icons. You can tell this guy is going to be the next George Romero once he starts making movies, and I think the movie version of WWZ should be a great flick.
  4. Good thread idea, revived!111!11! I saw two movies tonight: Stranger Than Fiction, and Fast Food Nation. Stranger Than Fiction was actually a really good movie. Arguably a much better movie than it ought to have been. Will Ferrell was amazingly good doing a (for the most part) serious role, and his scenes with Dustin Hoffman were great, since Ferrell ends up playing the straight man and allows Hoffman to take the zanier role. It probably helps the film that I am in love with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and think she's the most underrated actrees out there right now. She's so incredibly charming in all of her roles. I would've liked the movie more if the ending wasn't such a cop out, but either way, I'll give it a solid 8/10. Fast Food Nation, I actually had really high hopes for, and maybe I just wasn't in to it, but I didn't feel it at all. Like a poor man's Thank You For Smoking. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow, as I don't think I gave it a fair shot, but tonight, I'm giving it a 5/10. I just didn't get into it. I blame myself more than I blame the movie, for now.
  5. Have you guys ever been to FIU?
  6. Evil Emperor (Selig). Wait, I thought this was Steinbrenner? Gosh, I can't seem to keep my vitriole filled, hyperbolic Star Wars references straight anymore. Is Cliff Floyd Lando Calrissian? Because he'd be so much cooler in my eyes if he were.
  7. You might as well debate who's better between Adam Dunn and Ichiro. Offensively? Dunn. and awaaaaaaaaay we go... Just saying, you've got two completely different style of player, and one of them contributes much more to his team's offense than the other. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll say this: Borchard is closer to Dunn than Ozuna is to Ichiro. I'll pass.
  8. You might as well debate who's better between Adam Dunn and Ichiro. Offensively? Dunn.
  9. I haven't paid more than 10.99 for a new cd (non double album, of course) ever.I don't know where people get the 18.00 figure, or the fact that there's only 1 or 2 good songs on each album. If you listen to good artist, you never have to worry about that. My policy is to download what I want, and if it's an artist I especially like or want to support, I'll buy the cd.
  10. Clap Your Hands are coming down here, aren't they? Orlando's not too bad, though...I'd drive there if there were someone I really wanted to see. Yeah, but I bought tickets for the My Chemical Romance show the same night before I knew that CYHSY was coming, so I figured I'd just do them both.
  11. They put on a hell of a live show with tons of energy, which I recommend even if you don't love their music. Their set at Coachella in 2005 is definitely in my Top 5. I absolutely can't afford (well, I can, but from a practical view, I can't) to do it, but I bought 2 tickets for their Atlanta show. I'll be making the road trip up there. I'm starting to spend way too much money on travelling for live shows (Jeff Tweedy in Chicago on MArch 6, The Decemberists in Orlando on April 8, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah in Orlando on April 21st, Arcade Fire on May 1st, and then I'm going to Bonnaroo in June), but the way I see it, I want to be a music writer, so I figure I should make it to as many shows as I can, and hopefully when I get a job writing for a newspaper or magazine, they'll start paying for it.
  12. Wow bob, I didn't know you had the mental toughness to answer both loonies in one post. A job well done. I do it for the children.
  13. What are some good arcade fire songs? Some people were telling me about them and they said that they were very good. They are, quite simply, the best thing going right now (IMO, of course). I suggest their entire first album, as their's not a bad song on their, but if you want to check them out first look at "No Cars Go", "Neighborhood #1- Tunnels" and "Neighborhood #3- Power Out". But I'd really suggest just downloading Funeral. In my opinion, it's the greatest debut album of all time.
  14. Modest Mouse announced a new tour & predictably the farthest south they're coming is Atlanta. :banghead Same with the Arcade Fire. When do they make their way to Atlanta? I'm gonna see if I can knock em both out in one weekend if the timing works out. Modest Mouse: 05-05 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park. Maybe I can sneak up there, I'm loving the Johnny Marr guitar. Brings back some Smiths memories. WOW. The Arcade Fire show is on May 1st. I'm thinking about just making it a weeklong thing, if I can afford it. But I just bought my Arcade Fire tickets, so I'm definetly going up there for that one, at the very least. I can't wait.
  15. In the future, please don't post absurd articles like this. I understand the underlying message here and see some validity in it but the article as a whole is just rubbish. Please....that article was great and thanks for posting it. With the opening of the borders and all the Hispanic communities moving in, it wouldn't surprise me to see this country headed toward a civil war by 2020. Shutting the borders needs to be done now and it's probably too late as terrorist cells are all over the US and the border patrol doesn't even get to use force to stop them. Great article.....the media and stupid hollywood really is messing up this country. Everytime we hear those stupid hollywood actors open up their mouths, it really hurts the Democratic Party. The hispanic communities are becoming breeding grounds for islamic terrorists cells? People who use terrorism as a reason for their anti-immigration views are trying to justify their thinly veilled racism. In the future, please don't post absurd articles like this. I understand the underlying message here and see some validity in it but the article as a whole is just rubbish. Please....that article was great and thanks for posting it. With the opening of the borders and all the Hispanic communities moving in, it wouldn't surprise me to see this country headed toward a civil war by 2020. Shutting the borders needs to be done now and it's probably too late as terrorist cells are all over the US and the border patrol doesn't even get to use force to stop them. Great article.....the media and stupid hollywood really is messing up this country. Everytime we hear those stupid hollywood actors open up their mouths, it really hurts the Democratic Party. actually continued diversity is what makes this country great...and you know what would stop all the terrorist cells from existing in this country...NOT GIVING THEM A REASON TO EXIST and lets get the f*** out of the middle east before we stir up the hornests nest any worse... and anyone who doesnt know to take what an actor says with a grain of salt, that you take an actor or actress as seriously in real life as you on tv needs a serious re-education irregardless of what they have to say...and as opposed to the lies and stupidity from our presidency makin the republican party look good? We do not need to get out of the Middle East anymore than we need to "get out" of anywhere else in the world. We cannot simply shut ourselves off from the rest of the world and pretend that problems don't exist. That is just as dangerous as attacking random nations at will. This thread is pretty sweet because we've got an example of how each side can be completely on opposite sides of an issue and yet both be completely wrong. My biggest problem with this article is that it somehow implies that people who oppose the will of the ruling party somehow take their freedoms and liberties for granted, when in fact, they are taking full advantage of their rights AND, most importantly, their responsibility as a citizen of this country, which is founded on the belief that questioning the powers that be is the most powerful tool for protecting democracy. If we accept everything the government tells us, it might as well be a fascist state.
  16. I doubt we will move up to the point where we recieve no revenue sharing...
  17. Hey i got an idea.....lets get random people to judge a pro ball player......If the front office doesnt print this out then shame on them. Ive him on tv like 4 times, so im gonna rate him Jump:F, never saw him jump Route: A, he caught the ball every time Range:A-, His left arm appeaers 1.5cm smaller than his right arm Leadership:D-, i havent seen him throw any tandrems lol itz becuz lyk its a massage bored. nobudy expects the fo to reas this, lolz gud post dood
  18. As established a chick with a gun on her leg whom I'm assuming shoots zombies (anyone remember "Sex Machine" From Dusk Til Dawn?). I'm thinking Evil Dead, more than anything. I don't think I forgot. Tarantino and Rodrigez DEFINITELY liberally borrowed some shots from Raimi's series. The only way this concept could be better is if Sam Raimi did a trailer himself, starring Bruce Compbell. But, THAT'S IT. That would be sweet.
  19. As established a chick with a gun on her leg whom I'm assuming shoots zombies (anyone remember "Sex Machine" From Dusk Til Dawn?). I'm thinking Evil Dead, more than anything.
  20. Yeah, if I don't have a brain hemorrhage by the end I want my money back. Machette is going to be absurd. Danny Trejo is God. It is a good thing that Death Proof is running after Planet Terror, because if it was before it, nobody would be left alive, due to said hemorrhages.
  21. This movie is going to blow up your mind with it's crazy awesomeness. Basically.
  22. "Samba Pa Ti" by Santana is a good one. It is technically by Ottmar Liebert and Santana, but it is all about Santana on this track. Beautiful, check it out.
  23. I'll have to peep that song...what genre is it? I was mostly joking about that song. Good song, but it's kind of southern rock-ish, ala Son Volt. But judging by your choices, I'd say something like Badly Drawn Boy, the Mermaid Avenue albums by Wilco and Billy Bragg, or maybe Bright Eyes I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.
  24. bobbob1313 replied to MiRi's topic in Off-Topic
    I am in love with her, thanks to "Smile". Boy is that song is great, and she's a looker.
  25. Modest Mouse announced a new tour & predictably the farthest south they're coming is Atlanta. :banghead Same with the Arcade Fire. When do they make their way to Atlanta? I'm gonna see if I can knock em both out in one weekend if the timing works out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.