Everything posted by mountainfish
-
What has suprised you most about this team?
I'm not too surprised by anything other than their record. The bullpen has done allright but other than Nunez have looked hittable. Hermida is starting to live up to his potential I guess. Everybody's doing what they're supposed to do. Hanley's not hitting in the the 3 hole - is that a surprise?- I don't know. I guess Pailino's prowess against lefties was known but I'm glad to see it wasn't just hype.
-
4/19 Post Game
I'm glad it's over. If I had to listen to MASN for one more second I would have vomited. I'm happy the bullpen has been reliable and it's nice to see production from Herm and Cody but I'm a little concerned about our 1-2-3 starters in this series. And somebody get Hanley out of his coma for God's sake. That goes for Uggla too.
-
Something I'm loving about this team
you know what i love about this team? that out of 11 games, they have won 10 times. :lol 'Nuff said.
-
4/18 Fish of the Game
Haha. I voted for Ross Gload. Just because I like to say...Ross Gload.
-
4/18 Post Game
I feel bad for Manny Acta but he's going to lose his job very soon. :notworthy I agree, but let's see what kind of organization the Nationals are. The Marlins suffered the same kind of thing not so long ago and we stuck but our manager. Yeah. Their last GM was an idiot. Not Manny's fault.
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
I'm trying to remember what I read on this...but I think it's something like one in 170+ emails such as this actually get read by a human being and less than one in 2,000 ever make it to a decision-maker or someone who could be influenced by an email complaint. Oh well. I feel better anyway. "Dickle" probably gets so much hate mail that he can't read them all... if he were able to read that is.
-
Erick's World.
You're like the drummer from REO Speedwagon. Nobody knows who you are.
-
4/18 Post Game
I feel bad for Manny Acta but he's going to lose his job very soon.
-
4/18 Post Game
Oh no JJ's ERA is up to 2.91. The god doth bleed. Just kidding. I hope he got it out of his system. Maybe he was just nervous facing his buddy Olsen.
-
Cody's lucky snuff can.
offtopic but real awesome sig, mountainfish Thanks. I thought he deserved a little respect.
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
"Thank you for contacting MASN, the local leader in live sports entertainment. We appreciate fan feedback and have forwarded your message to the appropriate MASN staff member for consideration. Thanks again for sharing your concerns. Sincerely, Your Friends at MASN" i got an email from masn I got the same email. I hope it ruins his weekend... that, plus getting powned by the Marlins.
-
Cody's lucky snuff can.
I like this. Instead of Slump Buster he should have called it Rump Buster. Cody's Lucky Skoal Can
-
"The Bird" Mark Fidrych found dead at 54
Wow, I was JUST watching his game vs the Yankees. Crazy. One of the coolest characters in the history of baseball. He was a huge talent wasted by a freak injury or two freak injuries. RIP. I remember his rookie year. What an entertaining player and great talent. I'll miss "The Bird".
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
Dibble can be a real classless jerk. Dibble has always been a hothead and a jerk. I demanded an apology from him on the MASN website. That ought to set him off as well :mischief .
-
2008-09 Club Soccer Thread
UEFA Cup semis set Dynamo Kiev v. Shakhtar Werder Bremen v. Hamburg SV My Green Whites face their rivals in a rematch of the Northern Derby. Dynamo looks the team to beat though.
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
I filed a complaint with MASN.
-
Rob Dibble hating on Bonifacio
Was anyone else bothered by Rob Dibble's open contempt of EB during last nights broadcast? At one point he expressed his desire that the pitcher drill EB "right in the ribs" and when he struck out in the 8th he said something like"get your 0 for 11 butt back to the bench" prompting the other announcer to ask " You don't like that guy very much do you?". He then made a reference to EBs cockiness or something like that. Maybe I missed something but what did EB do that set him off like that. Dibble has ALWAYS been a d!*k, but it seemed to me that as a TV announcer you have to at least try to be a little impartial. I'm not saying you can't be a homer but openly wishing for a player to get beaned is not appropriate. I think I'm going to complain to MASN.
-
Are Marlins caps a fashion statement?
I think I've seen one other one since I've lived in New England. My son likes to wear his D-Train style but I like a moderate duck myself.
-
MB.com Map
I'm in but it's few blocks from where I actually live.. bad aim on my part.
-
Pet Pictures
Cats are awesome. They're just less social. lol That's why they're awesome
-
Paulino's new gear
looks like a strom trooper to me!! lol im loving it!!! thats what I thought
-
2008-09 Club Soccer Thread
So the semi's are: Barcelona vs Chelsea Man Utd vs Arsenal Can't wait to see these games. Hopefully Barcelona wins it all!!! Yeah I hope so too. And an all-English final would be boring but I don't think Chelsea stands a chance.
-
2008-09 Club Soccer Thread
Man early on I thougth Liverpool was going to do it, up 2-0, but Chelsea woke up and put it away. Lets' see if Man Utd can win in Porto.
-
The secret to Josh Johnson's success
The scout said that 58% of his pitches were at or below the knees on Sunday. It led to an impressive GB/FB ratio. I posted in the post-game thread from yesterdays game about how Volstad's GB/FB was too high. It is an important consideration, and something JJ did incredibly well on Sunday. According to this scout, it directly led to his success. He throws that heavy slider that just dives. Hard enough to hit much less hit in the air.
-
Bonifacio, overrated?
Pile on the hate. It's what we thrive on!