Everything posted by Miggy for MVP
-
Time to try Hermida at the leadoff spot
Hermida, Hanley, Amezega... I don't care, as long as its not Carroll. I was at the game today and after Kim had his at bat, I thought to myself, "Ok, good, top of the lineup" but then I realized Carroll was batting leadoff and we were doomed for that inning.
-
Fredi's ideas
How bout putting Cabrera back in the outfield and moving Boone to Third?
-
Josh Johnson...
Until then we could hold the fort with Willis, Olsen, Mitre, Kim and Obermueller. Very true, I don't see why some of these guys say theres no way to replace him
-
Anyone going to any football games this year?
I'll be at all the UF home games and probably a few away games, definitely Florida vs Georgia in Jacksonville (The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party)
-
game day question
you dont have to worry about saturday's selling out because they will keep opening upper deck sections if people are there. I doubt sunday would sell out either. The lower level and club level hold about 25,000. I dont they they get that for sunday. They could also start opening sections in the upper level if extra people showed up. Yeah thats what I figured but I wasn't sure, thanks
-
Milton Bradley
I heard on 560 this morning that the KC deal for Bradley fell through because Bradley is injured. ---- nevermind, this was already said :thumbdown
-
game day question
On a related note, do you think Sunday's game will sellout? (I'm under the impression that the Upper Deck is closed on Sunday games and Johan Santana is pitching, so...)
-
3 tix for tonight, cheap
if i were to buy them, how will i get them from you? ........................................... Email......... Well if they were Season Tickets and not Ticketmaster tickets that wouldn't work now would it? Its pretty explicit in the first post. my bad
-
3 tix for tonight, cheap
if i were to buy them, how will i get them from you? ........................................... Email......... Well if they were Season Tickets and not Ticketmaster tickets that wouldn't work now would it?
-
3 tix for tonight, cheap
if i were to buy them, how will i get them from you?
-
Psychic Spies from China try to steal your mind's alation
and little girls from Sweden dream of Silver Screen quotation And if you want these kind of dreams it's Californication
-
Funny Baseball Names
What are the most ridiculous names in Baseball (past or present). I'll get it started... Boof Bonser Coco Crisp
-
MLB all annoying team
Sheffield was one of my favorite Marlins ever, but the man needs to shut the hell up. Also Sammy Sosa, that bat-corking son of a bitch
-
Overrated Movies
Schindler's List (ducks) - Not entertaining and I understand that the Holocaust was a horrible,horrible thing but I don't want to pay to see a movie that is supposed to entertain me on the subject. I could be moved by simply reading a book or watching the history channel on the subject, i don't need the movie. It is almost like you have to like this movie based on the subject matter. wow, i couldn't disagree more (but obviously you saw this was coming). a book or the history channel gives you hard facts but nothing will ever portray emotions like a movie. maybe i'm biased because i took a class solely on the subject and have seen almost every holocaust movie but just Liam Neeson's and Ralph Fiennes's (SP) performance do it for me. the beginning did drag for me but once it picked up, it never disappointed. i honestly don't think people liked the movie just because it was OMGHOLOCAUST because there are tons of holocaust movies out there that did poorly. think about it..World Trade Center didn't do that well although the subject matter is very touchy. i dunno...i just don't think your reasoning is valid for not liking the movie though i guess it's not very 'entertaining' unless you know more than the average joe about what all happened. Ralph Fiennes is in Schindler's List? The one that plays Voldemort? yep http://imdb.com/name/nm0000146/
-
Tigers----Braves
Wilfredo Ledezma to Atlanta Macay McBride to Detroit Wilfredo is a funny name
-
Public All-Star Game Voting Thread
AL 1B - Kevin Youkilis, Boston 2B - Louis Castillo, Minnesota SS - Derek Jeter, New York 3B - Alex Rodriguez, New York C - Jorge Posada, New York OF - Gary Sheffiled, Detroit OF - Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle OF - Valdimir Guerrero, Anaheim NL 1B - Derrek Lee, Chicago 2B - Dan Uggla, Florida SS - Hanley Ramirez, Florida 3B - Miguel Cabrera, Florida C - Paul LoDuca, New York OF - Josh Willingham, Florida OF - Ken Griffey Jr, Cincinnati OF - Matt Holiday, Colorado thats a funny starting lineup for an all-star game Whats funny to me is you picking Biggio and his .233 average over Uggla. And you honestly think Barry Bonds is one of the 3 best outfielders this year? no whats funny is your catcher (russ martin) first base (prince fielder) i dont think bonds is the top OF, but id say hes more deserving of a start carlos lee and adam dunn are ahead of willy too in my opinion. thats all. p.s. palanco over castillo Well maybe I did vote a bit biased towards Marlins and former Marlins
-
Public All-Star Game Voting Thread
Bonds has a 1.062OPS I'd say he's pretty good That is a good OPS, but he only has 173 at bats, as opposed to 254 by Adam Dunn, 235 by Ken Griffey Jr, etc... Even Amezaga has 210 at bats and he hasnt played every game
-
Public All-Star Game Voting Thread
AL 1B - Kevin Youkilis, Boston 2B - Louis Castillo, Minnesota SS - Derek Jeter, New York 3B - Alex Rodriguez, New York C - Jorge Posada, New York OF - Gary Sheffiled, Detroit OF - Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle OF - Valdimir Guerrero, Anaheim NL 1B - Derrek Lee, Chicago 2B - Dan Uggla, Florida SS - Hanley Ramirez, Florida 3B - Miguel Cabrera, Florida C - Paul LoDuca, New York OF - Josh Willingham, Florida OF - Ken Griffey Jr, Cincinnati OF - Matt Holiday, Colorado thats a funny starting lineup for an all-star game Whats funny to me is you picking Biggio and his .233 average over Uggla. And you honestly think Barry Bonds is one of the 3 best outfielders this year?
-
Public All-Star Game Voting Thread
AL 1B - Kevin Youkilis, Boston 2B - Louis Castillo, Minnesota SS - Derek Jeter, New York 3B - Alex Rodriguez, New York C - Jorge Posada, New York OF - Gary Sheffiled, Detroit OF - Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle OF - Valdimir Guerrero, Anaheim NL 1B - Derrek Lee, Chicago 2B - Dan Uggla, Florida SS - Hanley Ramirez, Florida 3B - Miguel Cabrera, Florida C - Paul LoDuca, New York OF - Josh Willingham, Florida OF - Ken Griffey Jr, Cincinnati OF - Matt Holiday, Colorado
-
UPDATED AGAIN: Milton Bradley to Royals Trade Voided
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/pre...sp&c_id=oak Could he perk some interest from Beinfest & crew?...Or are we pretty content with what we have now with Amezega, Abercrumbie, and Carrol now in the mix? http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...c=74665&hl=
-
Aaron Boone to the Twins?
I don't know if this has been posted already or if it has any truth to it, but I'd hate to see Boone go. http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_6181525
-
Need Some Opinions
I've had a Kenwood in my car almost 5 years now and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. It plays MP3s and the display changes colors. It was moderately priced when I bought it, which was almost 5 years ago, so I'm sure an equivalent model would be even cheaper now.
-
Anyone going to Sundays game vs Twins?
I'll be there Sunday, I want that Dan Uggla bobblehead car ornament. That's the saturday giveaway. Oh damn, my bad. Well maybe I'll go to both games
-
Anyone going to Sundays game vs Twins?
I'll be there Sunday, I want that Dan Uggla bobblehead car ornament. Also, how often do we get to see the Fish pound on the American League Cy Young winner
-
Joe Girardi Turns Down O's
I think Mattingly will be the next coach of the Yankees, which may not be that soon since they are on quite a tear. Girardi may have another job by then.