Fredi's ideas

canada-marlin24

well i went tonight and it really blowed and was actually embarassing...but regardless fredi plans on platooning amezaga and carrol in the leadoff spot which i thought he would do but i do not agree with him platooning jacobs and boone. no doubt boone has been great but i think he should get some starts at first and third but ultimately jacobs is our guy and if we want him to be the hitter he can be he needs at bats against lefties. any thoughts?

I think Jacobs should play at least 90% of the time. Jacobs might be able to hit lefty pitching as he got off to a good start against them this season. Boone is likely only here for 1 season like Helms was so the Marlins need to find out if Jacobs can handle a full workload.

How bout putting Cabrera back in the outfield and moving Boone to Third?

That would make sense except........that would mean that everyone's favorite .220 hitting 23 year old would be benched. Also, I wonder if Cabrera would pitch a fit or not.

You get better and better every post. I love it.

So Cabrera is "too fat" to play third according to most everyone on this board, and you want to put him in the outfield? That's ridiculous.

How bout putting Cabrera back in the outfield and moving Boone to Third?

That would make sense except........that would mean that everyone's favorite .220 hitting 23 year old would be benched. Also, I wonder if Cabrera would pitch a fit or not.

You get better and better every post. I love it.

So Cabrera is "too fat" to play third according to most everyone on this board, and you want to put him in the outfield? That's ridiculous.

Center would be more suitable for him :plaindance . He would be everyones nightmare in the outfield.

Guest Guest

If I recall right Cabs was probably worse in RF than Hermida is.

Also no reason to move Cabs off of 3rd. And no reason to take someone with Hermidas on base ability out of the lineup.