Josh Johnson...

Hollyberry

As we can all see JJ has been doing horrible since his return. He has thrown more meatballs then there are in an Italian Rest. I think he might need a few more starts in the minors to get everything going. The one problem is there is pretty much nobody else who could take JJ's spot for a few starts. I really like Wes as our long man. Anyone agree, disagree?

I hope JJ works everything out.

i smell another DL Stint.

while that may very well be the case, most of you expected him to come back and be Cy Young

he needs to build up arm strength... this is pretty much ST for him

every outing his goal is to improve, maybe not overall numbers but it could be on a certain pitch, endurance, velocity, whatever

it's gonna take some time

I am not worried at all. I liked what I saw from him tonight, lots of positives to build on. He just needs to get his change up that he was throwing so beautifully last year back(from some reason he is not throwing it?)and control his fastball a little better.

It is a matter of simple tweaks. I expect him to be just fine very soon and would bet that within his next two starts he will go 7+ IP and be as solid as he was last year.

i think he not ready to get back to major he need fix his mistake in minors i think if have one more bad game he be sent back get more practice in minors he have over 60 pitch by 4inng and minn pitch have only 24 pitch i think he worn out by 4 inng

He will need to work it out in the majors we are just plain lacking anyone to call up

It is very difficult to dispute the evidence that Josh Johnson is not ready to pitch in the mayor league level. He has pitched 6.2 innings ,allowing 11 earned runs, for an ERA of 14.85

I too think that he will probably get it together, but using the regular season as his spring training is not the smart way to do it. He should be sent down for the team's sake and for his sake also. Getting shelled every time he goes out there can't be good for his confidence. When he has control of all his pitches, I am sure he will be welcomed back by all.

Until then we could hold the fort with Willis, Olsen, Mitre, Kim and Obermueller.

I think the next start is the one to get worked up about. Unless the gun at the stadium last night was lying, JJ's velocity was up from his last start and right around where it should be.

Now, I'm no JJ lover, most know I wanted to trade him this past offseason for a Baldelli type player, but even I think it's not fair to judge him based on these last two games.

It's Fredi/Kranitz fault for leaving him out there too long last night.

Guest Guest

Does he throw a splitter? I could of sworn I read somewhere he was working on one, but FB/slider/changeup seems to be all I have ever really seen him throw.

while that may very well be the case, most of you expected him to come back and be Cy Young

he needs to build up arm strength... this is pretty much ST for him

every outing his goal is to improve, maybe not overall numbers but it could be on a certain pitch, endurance, velocity, whatever

it's gonna take some time