Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Johnson...

Featured Replies

As we can all see JJ has been doing horrible since his return. He has thrown more meatballs then there are in an Italian Rest. I think he might need a few more starts in the minors to get everything going. The one problem is there is pretty much nobody else who could take JJ's spot for a few starts. I really like Wes as our long man. Anyone agree, disagree?

 

I hope JJ works everything out.

The Marlins are stuck between a rock and a hard place on Johnson. In a perfect world they would send him back to AAA to work out the kinks, but they really don't have anyone to take his spot in the rotation.

Not sure why anyone is remotely shocked by JJ's outings. We have no one to replace him with anyway.

i think he not ready to get back to major he need fix his mistake in minors i think if have one more bad game he be sent back get more practice in minors he have over 60 pitch by 4inng and minn pitch have only 24 pitch i think he worn out by 4 inng

i smell another DL Stint.

i smell another DL Stint.

while that may very well be the case, most of you expected him to come back and be Cy Young

 

he needs to build up arm strength... this is pretty much ST for him

 

every outing his goal is to improve, maybe not overall numbers but it could be on a certain pitch, endurance, velocity, whatever

 

it's gonna take some time

You're right Ramp. It's hard to start up in the middle of the season. They just need to be careful with him so they don't blow him out like they did with Nolasco and Sanchez.

I am not worried at all. I liked what I saw from him tonight, lots of positives to build on. He just needs to get his change up that he was throwing so beautifully last year back(from some reason he is not throwing it?)and control his fastball a little better.

 

It is a matter of simple tweaks. I expect him to be just fine very soon and would bet that within his next two starts he will go 7+ IP and be as solid as he was last year.

The numbers are misleading.

 

(hmmm..didn't realize they got rid of the feature that adds any post you make right after one of yours into that post instead of making a new one)

i think he not ready to get back to major he need fix his mistake in minors i think if have one more bad game he be sent back get more practice in minors he have over 60 pitch by 4inng and minn pitch have only 24 pitch i think he worn out by 4 inng

He will need to work it out in the majors we are just plain lacking anyone to call up

It is very difficult to dispute the evidence that Josh Johnson is not ready to pitch in the mayor league level. He has pitched 6.2 innings ,allowing 11 earned runs, for an ERA of 14.85

I too think that he will probably get it together, but using the regular season as his spring training is not the smart way to do it. He should be sent down for the team's sake and for his sake also. Getting shelled every time he goes out there can't be good for his confidence. When he has control of all his pitches, I am sure he will be welcomed back by all.

 

Until then we could hold the fort with Willis, Olsen, Mitre, Kim and Obermueller.

To me it was a mystake to bring him up as a starter. If I was Fredi I would put him on the bullpen until he get his confidence back. IMO you never rush someone into a position after being away for some many months, that mas a disaster waiting to happen.

  • Author

They weren't going to sweep the Twins anyhow.

It's not about sweeping the Twins - It's about how horrible JJ is pitching.

I think the next start is the one to get worked up about. Unless the gun at the stadium last night was lying, JJ's velocity was up from his last start and right around where it should be.

 

Now, I'm no JJ lover, most know I wanted to trade him this past offseason for a Baldelli type player, but even I think it's not fair to judge him based on these last two games.

 

It's Fredi/Kranitz fault for leaving him out there too long last night.

Until then we could hold the fort with Willis, Olsen, Mitre, Kim and Obermueller.

 

Very true, I don't see why some of these guys say theres no way to replace him

It's Fredi/Kranitz fault for leaving him out there too long last night.

and I think he should have been left out as long as he was

 

let him build up his endurance

while that may very well be the case, most of you expected him to come back and be Cy Young

 

he needs to build up arm strength... this is pretty much ST for him

 

every outing his goal is to improve, maybe not overall numbers but it could be on a certain pitch, endurance, velocity, whatever

 

it's gonna take some time

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.