Aaron Boone to the Twins?

Miggy for MVP

I've read Charley "Shooter" Walters a lot over the years. It seems like Charley(St.Paul Pioneer Press) and Sid Hartman(Mpls. Star Tribune) try to out do each other as far as starting rumors and getting the scoop first. Neither one(IMO) has a very high success rate. They can be fun to read though, if you don't take them seriously. Although I could see Boone traded(and some others) if we're out of the playoff race.

Charley was a relief pitcher in the Twins organization 30-40 years ago. he had a "cup of coffee" in the majors.

True story: A couple years back, Charley wrote about Joel Pryzbilla leaving the Gophers and that, as a result of Joel leaving, the Gophers would be down to 12 BB scholarships, without an available one to recruit with. I e-mailed him, stating the list of players coming back. I then asked who would be getting Joel's scholarship. He replied that math wasn't one of his strong suits.

Garza or Slowey for Boone? Not gonna happen in a million years. Don't be "that" fan who makes the ridiculous trade proposals. I thought I was being too optimistic by hoping for a talented two pitch Single A relief pitcher.

Which is why I wouldn't want a trade to happen...if a team is going to trade something of value for a 1B/3B, they're going to trade for somebody with more value then Boone. If somebody is going after Boone, the chances of them actually giving up somebody valuable is slim .

Garza or Slowey for Boone? Not gonna happen in a million years. Don't be "that" fan who makes the ridiculous trade proposals. I thought I was being too optimistic by hoping for a talented two pitch Single A relief pitcher.

Which is why I wouldn't want a trade to happen...if a team is going to trade something of value for a 1B/3B, they're going to trade for somebody with more value then Boone. If somebody is going after Boone, the chances of them actually giving up somebody valuable is slim .

I'd give Boone & one of our young arms (like Marceaux, Tucker, or even Sinkbeil) up for someone like Slowey.