Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miggy for MVP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Miggy for MVP

  1. If this is true, I want everyone that called Vitter a hypocrit to the same for Gore Because eating fish is the same as cheating on your wife.
  2. BTW I think its hilarious if you go to overall posts and sort by profile views. :lol :lol :lol CutieGirl05 Joined: Yesterday, 01:26 AM Posts: 6 Views: 92 CanesGirl24 Joined: 28-April 07 Posts: 3 Views: 78 Yankeefan21 Joined: 3-January 03 Posts: 2,478 Views: 78 :| I already have 76 and have only been here for two months. I guess my posts are really feminine :| Your avatar is pretty feminine... just sayin
  3. http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/9339c7d2-4e...54-a876418c41ed Wednesday, July 18, 2007Gore Serves Endangered Fish at Daughter's WeddingPosted by: Mary Katharine Ham at 9:41 AMAfter Live Earth produced the carbon emissions of a small country in order to discourage carbon emissions, Gore has moved onto eating endangered species to encourage their preservation, I guess. Don't ask questions. He's a visionary: Gore and his guests at the weekend ceremony dined on Chilean sea bass - arguably one of the world's most threatened fish species. Also known as Patagonian toothfish, the species is under pressure from illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing activities in the Southern Ocean, jeopardising the sustainability of remaining stocks. The species is currently managed by the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Living Marine Resources, the body which introduced a catch and trade documentation scheme as an attempt to tackle illegal poaching of this species. The story comes from the Humane Society. ___ Note: From the do as I say, not as I do because I am way better and am entitled to more than you department. Chilean Sea Bass is NOT an endangered species and is NOT illegal to catch up to a certain limit. http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm
  4. Lets put Willis in the 2 hole tonight Yesterday, one of the announcers after the game asked Fredi if he would consider moving Uggla from the 2 spot and he said "probably not". He said he would give him a day off though.
  5. Fun game fact: Cabrera's last 4 hits have been home runs. :o same for Hammer
  6. The whole thing is extremely f***ed up and he should definitely get jail time if he is found to be involved.
  7. I thought we had a chance.. until this just came out.. Kip Wells Starting? Sweet. Kip Wells is horrible.
  8. Miggy for MVP replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    I think it is a pretty fair/interesting question. Griffey is just the year younger, has the injury history, and isn't the most motivated of the all-time greats. Sosa is a year older and has 15 more homers on Junior. That said, I see them both playing for two years more with Sosa more likely to have his body crumble and/or his game fall apart like it did in Baltimore and Griffey to stay consistent. yeah, I mean Sammy's production has obviously fallen off, but he has had a good year this year and he's 15 ahead of Griffey. I still think Griffey will end up ahead, but it could be close.
  9. If the Marlins had a new ballpark, I would go to much more games then I do now. It is not even a question. I think not going to games because of the Stadium is a complete bulls*** excuse. You are either a Marlins fan or not, and if you are, you go to see the Fish play, period.
  10. Just got back from St. Pete, i went to the Yankees vs. Rays series and came away very impressed with the city and the fans.. The town had a real baseball feel, for those of you who have been to Dolphin stadium and then gone to see a MLB game somewhere else you know exactly what i mean. I love the way they had the stadium set-up, they even had a section in the stadium were u can play all the old school baseball games leading up to the 07 games,i kicked a couple of people's butt in Rbi baseball for the NES Nintendo, and the free parking was pretty cool. And on the final game on sunday i go to meet and talk to for about 2-3 min. to Hall Of Famer Bob Feller who also signed a baseball and a picture of himself @ Yankee Stadium in 1937... Real Treat couldn't beleive it was him.... Sounds like you had a great time. I've been to the Trop and I had a good time, but I definitely disagree with you about the stadium experience being better than down here. I saw the Marlins up there and there were more Fish fans than Rays fans, which was cool for me, especially since the Fish won. Actually, now that I think about it, it was Scott Olsen's MLB debut and he won the game. Back to my point though, being in that arena did not feel like I was at a baseball game at all (and I've been to other parks besides DS: Yankee Stadium, Coors Field, US Cellular Field). I know DS is not the best stadium around, but going to the Trop made me feel thankful we don't have to play there.
  11. John Schuerholtz not a good GM? Braves only won one world series... Brian Cashman that good of a GM? his teams won multiple titles... Theo Epstein for all his "genius" has only one title... Wha? Braves Won a World Series Yankees Won multiple World Series. Red Sox Won a World Series. I have no idea what your talking about. Why are you repeating what i just posted? Of that group who are the good GM's? He's saying your original post makes no sense. Which is true.
  12. Miggy for MVP replied to a post in a topic in Off-Topic
    She looks alright there cause those pictures are such low res
  13. of course! When the player doesn't swing it's a ball Why would anybody swing then? Do you guys actually think "she" is serious. This is obviously a joke.
  14. I'm always down on roles that seem to just be created and taken to go oscar nomination digging. Crash?
  15. How are some exceeding $2300? The highest amounts listed are $4600. I think there may be different limits in different states.
  16. Not sure, but I believe there are limits.
  17. For those mentioning PoTC, there were films released in 2006 and 2007, so that can't really be an arguing point. Especially since At World's End was better than Dead Man's Chest.
  18. I'm surprised they don't give more. There are limits.
  19. The only one I actually was the least bit interested in was Ocean's 13 (because horse mouth wasn't in this one). lol
  20. i'd prolly try a hanley fredo cabs jake hammer uggla herms olivo/treanor or flip hanram and fredo around see what happens. i just personally dont like hanley hitting before cabs much because it really filters his steal attempts. Doesn't attempt as often or cabs fouls off balls low and off the plate forcing hanley to go back to first. just my 2 cents. I like that lineup
  21. according to the U.N., the iraq war is illegal...and being that the president had to LIE to us, LIE to congress, and LIE to the world in order to get his war...id say that there is quite the case for this war to be illegal...and U. Grant had alot of corruption during his presidency yes...but his presidency looks like a shining gold trophy when compared to the quagmire known as the W.(orst) Presidency ever And the UN is the world's shining beacon on diplomacy. George W. Bush has done a lot of things in his Presidency that would deem him in the lower rung of Presidents. But by no means has he been the worst ever. The Grant administration had far more grevious corruption than Bush. Just because Congress is a bunch of dopes doesn't mean the war is illegal. It is legal in our country according to the Constitution.
  22. ...if I catch someone going into a water bar I will punch them in the face and steal their wallet. They have OXYGEN bars, for Pete's sake, why not a water bar? Thats a completely different thing (which is also stupid, but not nearly as much as this)
  23. Seems to be written with a very right wing take there. The comparisons of using a tragedy of large proportions then lead a country down paths that no sane man should walk is rather accurate. It has been done many times in history. Look at the spanish american war, a warship "blew up" so the US attacked. Of course that warship exploding is often believed to be our own fault and twisted around. Now we do have a sitting president that is torturing innocents and some american citizens upon the basis of religious affiliation within internment camps. Individuals that were illegally placed there without a trial or even charges in most cases. It is an extreme comparison but yes Bush does show totalitarianism in some of his under-takings. My hope is the next president will restore the balance of power to this country and stop seeing the executive branch grow in such authoritarian lengths no matter which party is elected and to stop the abuse and torture which is counter to everything we, as a country should stand for. What exactly can you take from that article that was written in a 'right wing take'? There isn't a single bit of speculation or opinion in the article outside of Ellison's comments. The Telegraph does have a conservative stance, I know that, but I don't see it. America's first Muslim congressman has provoked outrage by apparently comparing President George W Bush to Adolf Hitler and hinting that he might have been responsible for the September 11 attacks. After his speech was reported, Mr Ellison said he accepted that Osama bin Laden was responsible for 9/11. But his demagogic comments threaten to plunge him in controversy To applause from his audience of 300 members of Atheists for Human Rights, Mr Ellison said he would not accuse the Bush administration of planning 9/11 because "you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box - dismiss you". Those two statements are polar opposites of the first statement to put the spin on the article. Not saying you dont see it in the times and half of the libral papers doing the same thing. But they are subjectively making the guy look like an extremist on purpose just because of the basis of his religion and stance of the issues. As for this: You cannot compare George Bush to Adolph Hitler. At all. Yes I can, I live in america. I have the right to compare our president and his flaws or good points how I feel. I have the right and in my opinion the Requirement to point out these faults in the characters of individuals. Do I believe Bush is as bad as Hitler? No of course not. Do I believe there are elements that are akin? Yes as I laid out in my statement. He is locking up a race of people, most of whom have committed no crime (as per lack of charges), and torturing them some even to death. :blink: If Egypt started to do that to all catholics in their borders or any denomination of majority in this country we would put an end to it. (Not that I expect Egypt to do so or even know if they have the demographics of population for a reference point, merely an example of a muslim nation having the reverse done). All of that said no Bush isnt Hitler, but is perhaps the worst leader in the history of the Union. Dude, you have the right to say whatever the f*** you want. I'm obviously not pointing out that you can't. Especially on a message board. Franklin Roosevelt has much more similarities to Hitler in the area of locking up a race of people. Not sure if you've heard of the Japanese internment camps, maybe you should look it up... Now, I'm not saying Roosevelt is like Hitler at all, I'm just saying you should think a little bit before you make comments like All of that said no Bush isnt Hitler, but is perhaps the worst leader in the history of the Union.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.