Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miggy for MVP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Miggy for MVP

  1. Oh man I hope we tee off on Looper. Not that I have any ill feelings toward the guy, I'm just stunned that he's proven good enough to be a starter. Yeah for real, remember how much he stunk it up down here?
  2. The miami heat went from being a midtier playoff team we loved down here to a national media darling when they traded for shaq. Now people in utah are wearing shaq and wade heat jerseys. The Heat were much more widely supported down here way before we got Shaq though. Remember the days of the Heat vs the Knicks every year in the playoffs?
  3. Seems to be written with a very right wing take there. The comparisons of using a tragedy of large proportions then lead a country down paths that no sane man should walk is rather accurate. It has been done many times in history. Look at the spanish american war, a warship "blew up" so the US attacked. Of course that warship exploding is often believed to be our own fault and twisted around. Now we do have a sitting president that is torturing innocents and some american citizens upon the basis of religious affiliation within internment camps. Individuals that were illegally placed there without a trial or even charges in most cases. It is an extreme comparison but yes Bush does show totalitarianism in some of his under-takings. My hope is the next president will restore the balance of power to this country and stop seeing the executive branch grow in such authoritarian lengths no matter which party is elected and to stop the abuse and torture which is counter to everything we, as a country should stand for. You cannot compare George Bush to Adolph Hitler. At all.
  4. I'd put my Nimbus 2000 in her Chamber of Secrets. I used this line over the weekend with mixed results. On the plus side - it works. On the down side - it only works on chicks WAY under age. On the WAY down side - when I said it to my wife, she punched me in the quiddich sack. :confused hahahaha
  5. America's first Muslim congressman has provoked outrage by apparently comparing President George W Bush to Adolf Hitler and hinting that he might have been responsible for the September 11 attacks. Addressing a gathering of atheists in his home state of Minnesota, Keith Ellison, a Democrat, compared the 9/11 atrocities to the destruction of the Reichstag, the German parliament, in 1933. This was probably burned down by the Nazis in order to justify Hitler's later seizure of emergency powers. "It's almost like the Reichstag fire, kind of reminds me of that," Mr Ellison said. "After the Reichstag was burned, they blamed the Communists for it, and it put the leader [Hitler] of that country in a position where he could basically have authority to do whatever he wanted." To applause from his audience of 300 members of Atheists for Human Rights, Mr Ellison said he would not accuse the Bush administration of planning 9/11 because "you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box - dismiss you". Vice-President Dick Cheney's stance of refusing to answer some questions from Congress was "the very definition of totalitarianism, authoritarianism and dictatorship", he added. Mr Ellison also raised eyebrows by telling his audience: "You'll always find this Muslim standing up for your right to be atheists all you want." A convert to Islam who was previously linked to the extremist Nation of Islam, Mr Ellison, 42, has cultivated a moderate image since being elected last November, concentrating on issues such as health and education. He is an outspoken critic of the war in Iraq. But he angered his own anti-war supporters by voting for a budget bill that aims to end the war over the next 18 months. His followers want an immediate withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. After his speech was reported, Mr Ellison said he accepted that Osama bin Laden was responsible for 9/11. But his demagogic comments threaten to plunge him in controversy. Mark Drake, of the Republican party in Minnesota, said: "To compare the democratically elected leader of the United States of America to Hitler is an absolute moral outrage which trivialises the horrors of Nazi Germany." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...14/wbush114.xml That's just ridiculous.
  6. Miggy for MVP replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    Bonds is 98 hits away from 3000, which he won't reach this year but I believe he said he would like to play next year to reach that milestone. Also, he's 28 RBIs away from 2000.
  7. http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=101458@wcbs.dayport.com This reminds me of an episode of Penn and Teller's bulls*** (great show BTW, everyone should watch) in which they were selling bottled water for 6-13 dollars and people were talking about how each one was more complex than the next and talking about all the subtleties of each when in reality they all came from the same hose in the back of the restaurant. :lol Oh my god that is the dumbest sh*t I have ever seen in my entire life. I wanted to punch that woman in the face. That Penn and Teller show is awesome though.
  8. It was awesome, I thought it was much better than the Goblet of Fire. I agree. I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the best movie so far, but Order of the Phoenix is definitely a close second for me.
  9. There is about a 1% chance of this happening, but I can't help but daydream... imagine the attendance. Our attendance would easily be over 18k every game. Haha, very true, A-Rod would draw a big crowd for about 2 weeks, then back to the usual. Can anyone else even verify the mentioning of A-Rod and the Marlins? Because I just talked to one of my friends who sits around and watches ESPN all day, and he said he watched this segment. It mentioned teams like the Yankees, and Angels, with no mention whatsoever of the Marlins. I'm not gonna call 22letsgomarlins10 a liar, but I watched both editions of Baseball Tonight last night, and I remember the A-Rod conversation but I don't recall anything about the Marlins even being mentioned.
  10. Don't see very many latinos in the NBA although the numbers are increasing there. Really? I would like to know about these "increasing" numbers because I was unaware of that. (not being sarcastic, I truly didn't know there were very many latinos in the NBA outside of Carlos Arroyo)
  11. This definitely needed its own thread.
  12. Lets just sign A-Rod.
  13. Can we end this thread? This trade is obviously not gonna happen. Period.
  14. Hermida has shown his potential in small spurts this season, there is a lot of reason to believe he will end up being a very above average player. Dontrelle on the other hand has only had two winning seasons with a winning record, is 19-20 in his last two seasons, and every year but 05 has gotten worse in terms of hits and walks allowed. There is plenty of reason to believe 2005 was just a career year for Dontrelle. In 2003, his ROOKIE YEAR, he went 14-6 and didn't even get called up until May, where he started off 11-2. Oh yeah he won ROY. So yeah, lets just throw that year away and keep hoping Hermida will be our savior. By the way, I like Hermida, but he hasn't proven anything yet.
  15. Was Michael Vick one of the 20 who wanted to adopt it?
  16. well that makes one in all four major sports down here. a marlin is next in line to start it all over again. Who will it be? well the Dophins already had Fred Evans a few weeks ago who BIT A COP
  17. Nice HRs by Miggy and Hammer. and Hermida.
  18. que come pinga. What a productive post. Anyway, I was a big Sheff fan but he's making it harder and harder to root for him with all of his idiot comments.
  19. Cuban - 34 Loria - 0 :mischief Let's run this poll again during the basketball season when the Heat lose in the playoffs. :whistle I think everyone in South Florida is plenty satisfied with the way Micky Arison is running the Heat. I think he is referring to the fact that Heat fans "hate" Cuban. Marlin fans hate Loria so much it wouldn't make a difference how big of a Heat fan you are too. If Rosie O'Donnell was a Marlin fan she would want Trump as owner instead of Loria. I'm a Heat fan and I certainly don't hate Cuban. I think he's done a great job over there. I did misunderstand that comment the first time though.
  20. holy sh*t this guy is tall
  21. By the way, it's pretty damn awesome for Conine to agree to come here for fans when he's on a baseball team in Cincinatti. Cincinnati. My bad. I've been off since Conan O'Brien did Double Letter Week. Plus, there are people on this board with a lot worse spelling and grammar than Benched...
  22. Wow he didn't swing! Nice (rare) walk, Danny. Dan Uggla is on pace for 65 walks this season. Miggy for MVP doesn't pay attention. My bad, I just see him strike out so often on pitches like that. I don't pull up the stats every time I make a post. 96 strikeouts and 35 walks is terrible though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.