D-Train Rumor I Saw in sportsline.com

Dodgers get: SP Willis, 3B Ty Wigginton, C Miguel Olivo, and RP Al Reyes.

Marlins get: C Russell Martin, SP/RP Chad Billingsley, and OF Elijah Dukes.

D-Rays get: SP Rick Vanden Hurk, SP Hong-Chih Kuo (DL), and 3B Wilson Betemit.

Its not my deal so dont tip me.

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chr...60103#ID3160103

Thats the link to the complete post. I would be pissed about Hurk but looks pretty good.

lmao wow

they traded navarro to tampa, that's how high LA was on Martin, and with good reason. Compare the two's numbers. No way he gets dealt.

first of all the dodgers want a starter, so why would they trade a guy who could very well turn out to be better than willis (billingsley) for another starter.

hell i agree with the guy who responded to the post in the link, i think chad is nearly better than willis now.... look at the numbers and billingsley has some nasty stuff from watching him last night

if the dodgers make a move it will be for a power hitter to put them over top of the padres.

lmao wow

they traded navarro to tampa, that's how high LA was on Martin, and with good reason. Compare the two's numbers. No way he gets dealt.

first of all the dodgers want a starter, so why would they trade a guy who could very well turn out to be better than willis (billingsley) for another starter.

hell i agree with the guy who responded to the post in the link, i think chad is nearly better than willis now.... look at the numbers and billingsley has some nasty stuff from watching him last night

if the dodgers make a move it will be for a power hitter to put them over top of the padres.

As long as Billingsley keeps his pitch count down by throwing strikes he is absolutely awesome....

lmao wow

That would be a retarded trade for the Dodgers.

They already have the hitting they need the problem is every day either Ethier, Kemp or Gonzalez sits on the bench because for whatever reason they continue playing JP. It's unreal.

It's ridiculous enough to speculate on trade rumors written by sportswriters, which 99% of the time have no basis in fact...but here you're commenting on something that some schmenk wrote on a bulletin board somewhere. You people are nuts!! Have any of you clicked on the link? Below is the genesis of this trade.

.OK, with all of the Dontrelle Willis trade rumors, I figured that this is a good place to post them. I know that some may become absurd as NY reporters run out of material to entertain their audiences, but at least there can be some humor in those.

Any how, I'll start with one that I heard that I thought was funny, but I do understand that the Dodgers are actually looking at to acquire Willis and I know that Admin Beinfest has the mentality to ask for this type of deal. OK, according to what I heard on one of the sports radio programs in Florida, a trade like this can happen if the Dodgers are willing. It was a 3-way deal between the D-Rays, Marlins, and Dodgers. I'm all for it except for the part about Dukes:

Marlins get: C Russell Martin, SP/RP Chad Billingsley, and OF Elijah Dukes (yuck).

Personally, I think that the announcer just pulled it out of his a$$, but it may have some marginal logic to it especially when you consider that the Dodgers are interested in Willis, the Marlins do want a young catcher and OF, and the D-Rays are looking for young pitching of any kind.

lmao wow

That would be a retarded trade for the Dodgers.

They already have the hitting they need the problem is every day either Ethier, Kemp or Gonzalez sits on the bench because for whatever reason they continue playing JP. It's unreal.

i agree pierre is worthless. They don't need pierre in the lineup because furcal hits leadoff anyways, so that basically takes away from pierre's game

i dont think picking up a big bat is retarded if the right type of deal is there. i do agree that their hitting is solid though i'm just a little worried about gonzalez perhaps slowing down in the long run

another starter would be good too. they dont need a top guy either just a guy who they can stick in the middle of the rotation that will put the team in a solid position to win each night

It's ridiculous enough to speculate on trade rumors written by sportswriters, which 99% of the time have no basis in fact...but here you're commenting on something that some schmenk wrote on a bulletin board somewhere. You people are nuts!! Have any of you clicked on the link? Below is the genesis of this trade.

.OK, with all of the Dontrelle Willis trade rumors, I figured that this is a good place to post them. I know that some may become absurd as NY reporters run out of material to entertain their audiences, but at least there can be some humor in those.

Any how, I'll start with one that I heard that I thought was funny, but I do understand that the Dodgers are actually looking at to acquire Willis and I know that Admin Beinfest has the mentality to ask for this type of deal. OK, according to what I heard on one of the sports radio programs in Florida, a trade like this can happen if the Dodgers are willing. It was a 3-way deal between the D-Rays, Marlins, and Dodgers. I'm all for it except for the part about Dukes:

Marlins get: C Russell Martin, SP/RP Chad Billingsley, and OF Elijah Dukes (yuck).

Personally, I think that the announcer just pulled it out of his a$$, but it may have some marginal logic to it especially when you consider that the Dodgers are interested in Willis, the Marlins do want a young catcher and OF, and the D-Rays are looking for young pitching of any kind.

Why would the Dodgers even consider that trade?