Everything posted by MillerTime
-
Loria confirms new uniforms
I will probably throw up if it is primarily orange or teal. The black and silver is such a sharp looking uniform that it would be a shame to change them.
-
Update on Mitre
No ligament damage for Marlins pitcher Mitre Posted on Sat, Mar. 01, 2008 Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email BY CLARK SPENCERcspencer@MiamiHerald.comJUPITER ? Sergio Mitre received more promising news concerning his strained right forearm. The pitcher said a magnetic resonance imaging test done Friday afternoon did not reveal any ligament damage, confirming an earlier diagnosis. ?The ligament is safe,? Mitre said Saturday. Mitre, a member of the Marlins? starting rotation, was lifted from his first spring outing on Thursday after throwing just 15 pitches. He is on ?no-throw? status for the next several days. Also, rookie Cameron Maybin, who was pulled from Friday?s game in Viera with a tight left hamstring, said he would not run for the next couple of days but can continue taking batting practice in the meantime. ?It?s better than yesterday,? Maybin said of the hamstring. ?Nothing serious.?
-
Update on Mitre
Marlins' Mitre gets good news on injury Posted on Fri, Feb. 29, 2008 Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email BY CLARK SPENCERcspencer@MiamiHerald.com JUPITER -- Marlins pitcher Sergio Mitre said he sustained what doctors have informed him is a strained right forearm, an injury that puts a dent in his spring training program and could jeopardize his status as a member of the team's starting rotation at the start of the regular season. But Mitre was relieved to hear that doctors don't believe he damaged the ligament in his right elbow, which might have led to season-ending Tommy John surgery. ''I guess it rules out the ligament for right now, so that's good,'' Mitre said of his right elbow, which stiffened on him during his start in Fort Lauderdale and led to his exit after facing only three batters. Mitre said a magnetic resonance imaging test was not performed but that if he experiences discomfort after throwing the ball in about five days, doctors will likely order a MRI as a precaution. The 26-year-old pitcher, who was the only confirmed right-hander in the Marlins' rotation, said he would throw a side session in about five days to test the arm. He will not be pitching in any spring games for the time being. Speaking to reporters Friday morning, Mitre said he was optimistic that the injury was not serious. ''I don't feel none of the tell-tale signs, like numbness, tingling of fingers,'' Mitre said of symptoms that could indicate a more serious injury. ``I mean, it's not swollen.''
-
Alex Gonzalez breaks knee
Man, that's rough. I hope his recovery goes well, as he is a pretty nice guy.
-
JJ Update
''That's a secret goal, I guess,'' Johnson. Shhhh, don't spoil the surprise Agent Johnson.
-
Corey Patterson?
This is just uneducated people who don't know why there are 3 reasons we don't need Patterson. 1. Cameron Maybin 2. Cody Ross 3. Alejandro De Aza. They further explained that he would be a perfect fit here. Well, so would A-Rod, Jake Peavy, and Albert Pujols, but you don't see that type of wild speculation running rampant. As much as it seems like it sometimes, just because our team is in South Florida, doesn't mean it's a retirement home.
-
One of the funniest things ever
I love Sarah Silverman!
-
2/28 - Marlins @ Orioles - 1:05 PM
It's almost Miller Time!
-
2/27 - Nationals @ Marlins - 7:05 PM
Pretty decent outting for the guys in the mound.
-
Fantasy Baseball for 2008
I think we should have 12 teams minimum, provided we get that many interested owners. That way, we'll have a good and thought provoking draft, without every team stocked with all-stars.
-
Andrew Miller
''We think he's a potential No. 1 starter,'' Beinfest said........Heh, I would sure hope so Admin.
-
Fantasy Baseball for 2008
Are we still going forward with this? I know there is another keeper league here that needs to fill three teams.
-
Marlins sign 10 to one-year deals
My guess is to avoid them going to arb next year?
-
The Greatest Comic EVER!
Who would win a wrestling match Lemy or God?
-
What's your favorite baseball videogame of all time?
I despise MVP, can't wait for 2K8. Best baseball game by far was Baseball Stars for the NES.
-
Marlins Fans: We Have a New Stadium Deal
This is waaay to early, but I wonder how they will handle the reseating of season ticket holders.
-
Fantasy Baseball for 2008
Sign me up. If we make it keeper, all the better.
-
Marlins Sign Hendrickson
Well, he is a groundball pitcher. Hopefully that won't spell doom with the way our infield played last year. I like the signing. Anything that helps keep extra innnings of of our youth while they continue to mature is priceless. I see him starting till Nolasco is health, and then provinding spot starst and middle relief. There is also the plus of having another lefty on our roster with Major League experience.
-
Marlins Sign Hendrickson
Wow, this is a great signing. Let Wiley work his magic on him, and everything'll be gravy.
-
Rosenthal says...
An over the hill has been is not what we're looking for.
-
Starting Rotation
Olsen Mitre Miller VandenHurk Nolasco This looks like the best option going into spring training.
-
Cantu Signs with FISH
Welcome to the Fish. Dallas anyone?
-
Two Team Domination
I think his team has the edge on you. You team is solid, but his guys are just better.
-
Parking prices for 2008
Heh, quite a few people will be paying more for parking this year than they do for their tickets.
-
Abraham Nunez?
Too much money for what he is capable of production-wise.