Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish Dynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fish Dynasty

  1. Want to go, but hate the fact that I have to make nearly a five hour drive. I'll see if I'm up to it Friday morning.
  2. I'd rather have Aubrey Huff. His name has been going around for a while. I wouldn't mind the team trading for Huff, trading Uggla away, moving Coghlan to 2B and calling Maybin back up.
  3. Probably the most famous soccer star (Ronaldo maybe)?
  4. That trade to Memphis was beyond an insult. Rondo and Scalabrine for Gay alone would be a terrible trade for the Grizzlies.
  5. Marlins defeat the Orioles 7-6. Miller: 7 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO 2B: Ramirez (22), Cantu (16) HR: Ramirez (10), Uggla (14)
  6. Jefferson trade was obviously nothing more than a salary dump. I don't know why the Celtics would even bother with that offer though. Rondo is OK and Allen isn't nearly what he used to be and they're asking for the Piston's three best players? all the analyst on ESPN are saying that rondo is a top 5 point guard in the league, bulls***. he's not even that good. Wow. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10. I'd take Paul, Williams, Nash, Billups, Davis, Parker, Arenas, Rose, Crawford, Harris, Miller, Kidd, and Calderon over Rondo anyday. That puts him at 14th. Rondo is probably one of the worst shooting PGs if not the worst. I'd want my PG to have at least some offensive ability. analysts like chris ford are dumbasses anyway. he hates every one of our draft picks and look how kevin martin and garcia turned out. a top 10 shooting guard and an above average contributor off the bench. although crawford over rondo might be pushing it a bit and kidd's done. I was talking about last season though. I'd still take the 08-09 Kidd over the 08-09 Rondo, and yeah Crawford might be pushing it a bit, but in my opinion its still debatable. I guess I'm just not a fan of Rondo like a lot of other people.
  7. Jefferson trade was obviously nothing more than a salary dump. I don't know why the Celtics would even bother with that offer though. Rondo is OK and Allen isn't nearly what he used to be and they're asking for the Piston's three best players? all the analyst on ESPN are saying that rondo is a top 5 point guard in the league, bulls***. he's not even that good. Wow. I wouldn't even put him in the top 10. I'd take Paul, Williams, Nash, Billups, Davis, Parker, Arenas, Rose, Crawford, Harris, Miller, Kidd, and Calderon over Rondo anyday. That puts him at 14th. Rondo is probably one of the worst shooting PGs if not the worst. I'd want my PG to have at least some offensive ability.
  8. Give Lindstrom a break and put Nunez at closer for a while. If that doesn't work out, give the role back to Lindstrom and take it from there.
  9. Jefferson trade was obviously nothing more than a salary dump. I don't know why the Celtics would even bother with that offer though. Rondo is OK and Allen isn't nearly what he used to be and they're asking for the Piston's three best players?
  10. 6 more days til the nba draft. what happened to miami's 1st round pick in the draft, well either way i think they'll take mcclinton with their 2nd rounder. i think the kings take flynn with the 4th unless rubio drops that low. The Heat lost it in the great Ricky Davis trade. I hope McClinton is available at #43, but I think he'll be gone by then. oh yeah, didn't you guys also get mark blount. that guy is possibly worse than kenny thomas, possibly. i think it's possible for him to fall that far because he's definitely not going to be in the first round. also don't the heat already have a player like mcclinton in daequan cook. Yeah, everything about that trade turned out pretty bad. We already have Cook, but you can always use another shooter, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat tried to play with three guards more often if they pick McClinton, which I would like. For some reason though I think he'll go earlier, possibly even in the late first round. I was reading about his workout with the Heat and I heard he made like 37 of his 50 threes. He's probably one of the best pure shooters in this draft, if not the best. I think the only thing that's holding him back is his size.
  11. 6 more days til the nba draft. what happened to miami's 1st round pick in the draft, well either way i think they'll take mcclinton with their 2nd rounder. i think the kings take flynn with the 4th unless rubio drops that low. The Heat lost it in the great Ricky Davis trade. I hope McClinton is available at #43, but I think he'll be gone by then.
  12. i like marlin prides idea...boni does do well vs lefties....so why not? A .667 OPS isn't necessarily "doing well". But OPS is not something you really care about in a 1 or 2 hitter as they usually don't slug as well. His OBP vs LHP is only .312.
  13. i like marlin prides idea...boni does do well vs lefties....so why not? A .667 OPS isn't necessarily "doing well".
  14. VS RHP 1. Coghlan 2. Baker 3. Hanley 4. Cantu 5. Uggla 6. Hermida 7. Ross 8. Gload VS LHP 1. Coghlan 2. Ross 3. Hanley 4. Cantu 5. Uggla 6. Paulino 7. Helms 8. Carroll
  15. Fish Dynasty replied to dim's topic in Sports
    I don't know what you guys are using for your lists...but based on what I base these things on... 1. Haren 2. JJ 3. Lincecum 4. Cain 5. Cueto I didn't put JJ on my list because I don't think they will choose a Marlin. It just doesn't seem likely to me. If Kevin Brown couldn't win it in '96, then I don't think JJ has a shot.
  16. Fish Dynasty replied to dim's topic in Sports
    NL 1. Dan Haren 2. Matt Cain 3. Chris Carpenter (Needs to stay healthy for the rest of the year though) 4. Tim Lincecum 5. Johnny Cueto AL 1. Zack Greinke 2. Roy Halladay 3. Edwin Jackson 4. Felix Hernandez 5. Jered Weaver
  17. Andino is just as bad as Bonifacio. I think you just started this thread because you saw Andino was #1 on Baseball Tonight's Web Gems.
  18. Yes, it's been extremely depressing only winning two World Series in past twelve years. I couldn't imagine what you would be saying if you were a Nats fan.
  19. Red Sox defeat the Marlins 6-1. Miller: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 6 SO 2B: Gload (4)
  20. I'm just waiting for names like Pujols to pop up so people will realize that basically everyone (if not close) took PEDs.
  21. Red Sox defeat the Marlins 8-2. Volstad: 3.2 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO 2B: Coghlan (6), Cantu (14), Bonifacio (7) SB: Bonifacio (12)
  22. It's definitely not A. The Lakers alone have won seven chamionships since '83, then count the Dodgers WS, the Angels WS, all of the USC football chamionships, the UCLA basketball championships, etc. I'll take B, I think it's an L.A. thing.
  23. Hanley needs to quit whining, but I don't blame him for wanting Fredi to hit someone.
  24. Win the first game, lose the next two. I'd be happy to go 3-3 between the Sox and the Yankees.
  25. Marlins defeat the Blue Jays 11-3. Johnson: 9 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO 2B: Coghlan (5), Ross (18) HR: Paulino (2)(3) SB: Ramirez (9)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.