June 14, 200917 yr Marlins defeat the Blue Jays 11-3. Johnson: 9 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO 2B: Coghlan (5), Ross (18) HR: Paulino (2)(3) SB: Ramirez (9)
June 14, 200917 yr I also love that out of all the regular starters, Coghlan has already jumped into second in OBP, right behind Hanley.
June 14, 200917 yr I also love that out of all the regular starters, Coghlan has already jumped into second in OBP, right behind Hanley. Coghlan has been amazing so far. If someone said at the beginning of the year Coghlan would be our leadoff hitter and hitting well I would have said "In your dreams".
June 14, 200917 yr Did Fredi actually let our starter pitch a complete game??? I think he forgot it was the 9th. Great job today.
June 14, 200917 yr Great series. Just the kind of boost we needed before taking on the giants of baseball (NYY and BOS). I'm giving Paulino the POTG award this time, because Johnson wasn't quite as good as usual. But it's close.
June 14, 200917 yr Tough decision, as Paulino rocked today, but I went with JJ cause he scored the complete game. I remember a time when that would be rarer than my steak at Morton's.
June 14, 200917 yr What a great game. I gave my vote to Paulino. Now we go on the ESPN Most Loved Tour.
June 14, 200917 yr We win, Atlanta loses...just looked at the mets vs yankee's score...lol, yeah. Unfortunately Phillie looks to win their game...
June 14, 200917 yr Looks like the Phillies are running away with their game against Boston. at least the mets got destroyed and the braves lost as well
June 14, 200917 yr What a great game. I gave my vote to Paulino. Now we go on the ESPN Most Loved Tour. LOL yeah espn's 1 and 2 teams in bos and nyy. Let's take both series. I'll give it to JJ who gave the pen a full day of rest plus tomorrow.
June 14, 200917 yr I also love that out of all the regular starters, Coghlan has already jumped into second in OBP, right behind Hanley. Coghlan has been amazing so far. If someone said at the beginning of the year Coghlan would be our leadoff hitter and hitting well I would have said "In your dreams". No, you would of said "In my dreams" probably along with your daily reference to Hermida and a hot tub lol. I only saw the first couple of innings of this game until we were up 4-0. But from looking at the box score it's awesome to see the bats stay hot - everyone other than Hermida got at least 2 hits. Good for JJ getting the CG and giving the bullpen a day off, which coupled with the off day tomorrow means they will be nice and fresh for the Boston series. Also, the starters get an extra day off this week so shouldnt be any problems for JJ being 100% for Saturday's game against the Yankees despite a high pitch count today. Final thing - can't we play in Canada more often? We kick Blue Jay ass!
June 14, 200917 yr Gave POG to JJ. Now is the time to sign him to a long-term deal! By the way, Hanley has every right to be angry at Fredi for failing to retaliate. Although it would have probably led to JJ's ejection.
June 14, 200917 yr Johnson only pitched a complete game because of the large run support. I gotta give to Paulino.
June 14, 200917 yr Gave POG to JJ. Now is the time to sign him to a long-term deal! By the way, Hanley has every right to be angry at Fredi for failing to retaliate. Although it would have probably led to JJ's ejection. DING DING DING, we found the reason as to why Hanley has no idea what he is talking about!! Really, is it worth getting our top pitcher ejected, and possibly suspended, for something that was not needed in a blowout? Come Hanley, use your brain for once. BTW, gave the player of the game to JJ, even when he isn't the best player on the field, he is still dominant.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.