Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jimmy

  1. ERICK GARCIA CRUZ DIAZ, YOU SPEAK LIKE HERMIDA IS A RISING STAR.HERMIDA HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT INJURY PRONE AND DISAPPOINTMENT THUS FAR. AND REALLY SPENDING 2-3 MILLION MORE ON GRIFFEY IN 2009 WOULD NOT BE A BIG DEAL. BECAUSE IN 2010 YOU WILL BE DEBATING HERMIDA AT 5$ MILLION OR THAT GREAT OUTFIELD PROSPECT WE HAVE. Yep. His 2007 where he was among the best offensive outfielders in the game is really disappointing. What a scrub, no? As for CF, no. Griffey is no longer a CF. The Reds didnt play him there at all the last 2 years, not a single game, and the White Sox were desperate. On top of that CF at Dolphin Stadium would be near impossible for him, it would probably be embarrassing.
  2. Zombie Reagan(Cobra Commander's running mate) would be deeply offended at this. Poor taste Barack Lobster, poor taste. I know the Zombie Reagan is a reference most people wont get, just youtube it, or Cobra Commander '08.
  3. Please be reasonable. Wait for the man to appoint his entire Administration and then give him a few months before you start judging him. If you're already criticizing the man now (after three measily appointments) then you're clearly closed minded about him and its a wasted effort to try to confince you otherwise. I am not close minded at all. Unlike you, I have seen first hand how dangerous and corrupt ALL Chicago democrats are. Two of Obama's mentors have effectively bankrupted the state and are headed for either A)prison for a very very long time or B)Obama's cabinet. While I could see Rod fed to the wolves Emil Jones is guaranteed a pardon and a cushy spot within Obama's inner circle, and that is not a good thing. I have also seen first hand how bad he was at his job as a state senator. He became a rockstar and pulled in alot of ignorant young voters and happened to be in the right place at the right time, saying he is not President Bush. There is nothing to like about this selection as president. If he couldnt even be competent at his job at the state level, why should I expect him to be a good President? As I have said, you will find out in 4 years(although, probably alot sooner) why you dont want a Chicago democrat in charge of anything.
  4. Good luck with that, I assume your planning on running as republican then? I support coal energy and am an alumni of the most prominent university in the district I plan on running in, so I actually do predict I will get at least a few votes(I also have a cousin in the district-so at least 2 so as I dont disown them anymore than I already have).
  5. I dont know how much research youve done on Obama, but "the sky is falling" really isnt that unrealistic. On a scale of 1-10, how surprised were you when the sun came up this morning? Dangerous and poorly thought out financial policy, all signs point to him being a hardliner on foreign policy, from all rumors is going to surround himself with other disciples of Chicago politics and other hardcore democrats in his cabinet, supports the Patriot Act, supports deepening relations with Israel, supports escalating operations in middle east. Not to mention he will have a same-party majority in congress during at least the first part of his term...a very unpopular congress. Almost a mirror image of W. Thats what I call change!
  6. I wasn't aware that I was criticizing the man in this thread not this overzealous PR move. Happy to inform. And by "cause" I was referring to just that. I'm sure. Provide a quote in this thread to indicate this. Otherwise you are slandering me. If that's how you feel, then fine. You are overcomplicating my point. I realize you are Ron Paul Jr, but I am asking you to consider giving Mr. Obama at least a portion of his first term before declaring that the sky is falling. I dont know how much research youve done on Obama, but "the sky is falling" really isnt that unrealistic.
  7. And the vast majority will be rats from the Chicago political machine.
  8. Ask him not to take us to war without a declaration from the Congress. I have a bad feeling Obama will be more aggressive towards Iran than McCain would of been.
  9. Who hes already hired for his chief of staff and credible rumors about other members of his cabinet.
  10. www.change.gov And you can contribute your vision for the future here: http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourvision He's going to allow people to participate in our government directly. I love it. My vision of change: Obama completely casts aside his Chicago political ideals-wait, that wont happen, and hes already proving it. The country is screwed.
  11. Keyes is nothing in Illinois. He was an unknown and on top of that a republican, Obama was for all intents and purposes running un-opposed. You've got issues. He beat Hillary Clinton and John McCain. He's legit. Far from legit. But as I said, after 4 years you will look back and think to yourselves "what have we done". Have fun with that.
  12. Fair enough. The fact that the American media turned him into a rock star didnt hurt him. Dont get me wrong, I think McCain was a bad choice as well and think the republican party would of been better served by Mike Huckabee(I mean, he did have the Chuck Norris endorsement...and not many people are willing to upset Chuck Norris) or someone of his ilk.
  13. That has nothing to do with diplomacy, in fact...I think that is more diplomatic than anything, as I dont see things based on race.
  14. He was elected, doesn't mean he deserved it.
  15. I would take you more seriously if you didnt use the term "African-American"...it is one of my major issues, as first-the term itself doesnt make sense, and second people are just Americans. Just people. There is a small minority that wouldnt vote for a black guy, but the vast majroity of America really doesnt care.
  16. Bang your head all you want, its the truth. He was an empty seat in the Illinois Senate who got elected to the U.S. senate running against no one, who had no record of anything besides abstaining or if he did vote it was heavily influenced by special interests, yet despite all this when he was still in the Illinois Senate, not doing much of anything, he decided he deserved to be President.
  17. Sorry, I just think the roles of race are severely overplayed. A black man was going to be elected someday. Obama was in the right place at the right time and he caught the perfect storm. It could of happened before if there had ever been a strong black candidate(which Obama wasnt).
  18. Please do tell, what makes him a narcissist exactly? Obama was plain bad at his job as a state senator but decided before he was even elected to the U.S. Senate(running unopposed mind you) that he deserved to be president. Thats the definition of narcissism.
  19. How am I the least diplomatic on this board?
  20. First time I've seen the organization say Vanden Hurk is a reliever. About damn time. :thumbup Why "about damn time"? I personally think he is best utilized as a starter. Quit rushing him, let him spend an entire year at Jacksonville, and compete for the rotation in '10. His arm and stuff are too good to waste as a reliever.
  21. I also want to add that Obama got a big boost from the new generation of young ignorant voters...or sheep...who knew absolutely nothing about him and only voted for him because it was the hip thing to do. Could he still of won without these? Maybe, I tend to think not. They are the ones who put this election out of reach for McCain. Thanks, you're the 18,408,385th person to generalize me. I wasnt generalizing anything. Not all young voters are how I categorized them, just the majority. If you actually did your homework on him and came to that conclusion logically, fantastic. But even as an ardent Obama supporter I would have to expect that you agree with this sentiment. Obama became a rock star and thats all most young voters, lets say age 18-28, needed to know. That, and that he wasn't George Bush. As for W., this was only my 2nd election, I was 16 in 2000. I voted for W. in 2004 not because I want to have a beer with him(although-even people that detest his presidency admit he is a great guy, likable guy...so I am guessing I would like him. Hell, I am fairly certain I would like the Barack Lobster as a person, I just didnt want him as president)-I voted for him simply because the thought of John Kerry as president made me queesy.
  22. Competency? What do you mean by that? Bush was incompetent at nearly every single turn. So he thinks Obama should just be competent. Bush was so disastrous that we just now hope for presidents that don't mess up. I think you and Dodge are into something. Obama is extremely smart and he knows that he just need to be competent and hold on during the next four years. If the economy surprises and recovers then he can be that agent of change and go full esteem with his plans. Foreign policy is going to be very tricky. His policy should be one to avoid any major conflicts, without trowing our allies under the bus. Russia is already roaring and the ME countries know that conflicts = higher oil prices. Dont be surprised to see a more confrontational foreign policy from Obama than we had from Bush. He has no policy of his own because this is a topic he is clueless on, his views are shaped by 200+ foreign policy advisers recycled from other candidates/electors. Other policies will be more of the same as Bush, specifically the Patriot Act. As for what he ran on, Obama essentially had no real platform other than "Change" and "At least I am not George Bush". As for what the future holds, I think you are going to see a very closed off exectutive branch, one that allows very little access and eliminates freedom of speech in regards to the Commander and Chief. Obaba will be the most inaccessible president ever IMO. One of the downfalls of electing a narcicist.
  23. I also want to add that Obama got a big boost from the new generation of young ignorant voters...or sheep...who knew absolutely nothing about him and only voted for him because it was the hip thing to do. Could he still of won without these? Maybe, I tend to think not. They are the ones who put this election out of reach for McCain.
  24. Just FYI, I am hoping to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010, either as a Libertarian(which I am registered as), Labor Party, or Constitution Party member in Illinois(either district 12 or district 19). I know I wont win, but I am hoping to get on the ballot and write a book about the process from a 3rd party stand point. I will use virtually no money, just viral marketing and the occasional newspaper ad. The two representatives in those respective districts are great men and I have alot of respect for both, so no smears from me either. I want to see how people respond to a almost no-fund friendly campaign.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.