Everything posted by batato
-
Give Ency Some Love!
Show him love? This is the same guy that got ticked off at the club for sitting him during a few of the games of the '03 WS, then he doesn't show up for the Championship parade and you want me to show him love?? :chair 672378[/snapback] this is what im talking about........if he was a player who at least showed some EFFORT and DESIRE to play here, I would show him some love.....But i'm sorry, he rubs me the wrong way and is someone who IMO brings a negitive force to the clubhouse as opposed to someone like pudge who brings a positive force to a team. Trade bait? whoever said " I like Pepsi " hit it right on. Some Win Dixie Brand Fruit Cola and a bag of chips will suffice.
-
Miguel Cabrera Photos from Venezuelan League
Very Nice Pics bud...tnx man Just makes my itch for spring training even that much more powerful though
-
Will Beckett and Burnett be back next season?
if A.J can, i bet hed leave this team. 671747[/snapback] i dont think so, he said that if he would have been given the pavano offer 3 year 21 million he would have taken it in a heartbeat 671766[/snapback] I would suspect that baring any injury AJ would surely go more than what we offered AJ
-
Best Bottom of the order... 6-7-8
Mets and Encarnacion needs to be traded WITH Valdes for a real starter!
-
Lowell, Lieter, Loria, how we got Delgado
Pudge's a Class act...not only did he help get us a WS title...but he left Gracefully...Unlike Carl who bad mouthed fans and playing here. Now Carl had no reason to do what he did...He came here and he wasn't much better than a piece of turd.
-
Pudge/D-Lee OR Lo Duca/Delgado
Realistically Pudge and Lee ---- But who could be upset with Delgado and Duca ... Pudge is more than a good hitting catcher imo...he brings LIFE to a ballclub. No one pumps up players like pudge. Lee isnt Delgado of course but he can hold his own and is better now than when he was with us.
-
Conine or Encarnacion
The words potential and encarnacion are going to go with him to his grave. I'd rather have conine. 669016[/snapback] BINGO!!!
-
Conine or Encarnacion
i suppose platooning conine and enc isn't a bad idea...putting enc out there when we face the heavy left handed hitting teams
-
Conine or Encarnacion
I hate seeing Encarnacion up at the plate...its like AUTOMATIC out I just hope some team is Desperate for that loser and gives us a good starter in return. Who knows maybe Valdes and Encarnacion for someone of Millwoods caliber...Wouldnt that be SWEET!
-
NL East Overview (Long)
well i for one enjoyed your post bud....Great READ man... GO FISH. And phillies losing two top pitchers makes them worse no matter what. Atlanta is a pain in the ASS...but this year they won't pull it off....its time to CLAIM the EAST all OURS!!!
-
It's on you the fans now........
I normally goto about 10 games a season...all i could really afford. but this year im going to try for 15 games. Plus all spring training games here at Ft Laud vs the O's
-
Florida Senator calls the Marlins terrorists!
What do you expect? He's a Republican from a hick part of the state. 660592[/snapback] You wont catch me voting for the republicans thats for sure... Fox News .. Allen Bense ... Jeb Bush ... Rush Crack head ... Nope I'll stick with the donkeys
-
Juan Encarnacion
I dont like his k's
-
News on Burnett, Dellucci, Kline
Who said Burnett won't be offered an extension (or hasn't)? The question is all things being equal, will Burnett come back to the Marlins. In my estimation, he will not. And it seems the front office feelss the same way. 634762[/snapback] How many key players get extensions from our FO? Im not as hip to FO management as others here....pls do tell
-
News on Burnett, Dellucci, Kline
Well the way I see it....the Yankees and Mets have both dabbled with talks concerning AJ....of course with no success. Teams around the League are now seeing that they dont hv to trade with us. Just let contracts expire and pick up our talented players off FA without any compensation. Frankly its bad management in my opinion....at least lock AJ up with an extension....if we want to trade him afterwords...surely teams like dodgers yankees mets and others will glady pay the contract we have offered....BUT we get something in return!!!
-
News on Burnett, Dellucci, Kline
Ok so im stupid....someone Tell me why AJ will not be offered a 2 or 3 year extension by the fish? Maybe im nuts....but pavano cant compare to AJ and giving him an extension would mean we retain what i consider the best player on the team. If we do trade AJ....then I will only Accept a couple of guys...and vasques isnt one of them....I want Hudson
-
AJ/Javy Trade
I vote NO @@#$@#$@# WAY....i like vasques but he's no AJ AJ to me is one of teh very best pitchers in the game. I can only see him getting better. Vasques has climax already. frankly, with pavano, I rod, d Lee and Penny gone...i dont care to see us water down the talent left here.
-
Marlins looking at Todd Pratt?
dullucci now pratt...any other potential future hall of famers we are looking to aquire? I'll just sit back and enjoy the show the brass is putting on for us
-
OMG The Sky is FALLING!
OK guys, you made me see the light :cool , damn, it's bright. No matter what happens for the rest of this offseason, next off season will be unquestionably the worst since the fire sale. Here's why: Pierre, Burnett, Gonzalez, Mota, Conine, Encarnacion and possibly Lo Duca (depending on what we do with him) will all be unrestricted FA's, and knowing the luck of this organization combined with their insistence on NEVER offering a long term deal to a player BEFORE their contract year, we might as well call this Burnett and Pierre's swan song in Miami, and probably Mota's as well. Not to mention that Cabrera and Willis'll be eligible for arbitration, so they finally get the money that's coming to them. I guess, no matter how down I get about seeing what could have been a competitive team fall apart this year, I know next year will be even better. 623753[/snapback] This information scares me.....well at least we'll be competitive this coming season no matter what. But this info scares me to death
-
OMG The Sky is FALLING!
I agree. At least we have managed to keep Lowell, Cabrera, Pierre, Willis, Beckett, Burnett, Gonzalez, Castillo n Lo Duca 623739[/snapback] sure we do....but till when....Willis let him go ... Miguel let him go .. Beckett let him go... AJ let him go.... seems this is the philospy around here. Wait till their 200k salaries are up and let them go.
-
I hope the Organization Realizes
what really worries me is Miguel......him and players like castillo AJ beckett and lets not forget our little guy in CF. It's just not good to let these players down by letting talent go all the time....besides Lowell and Castillo .. Who the hell have we resigned that was up for resigning? NO ONE.... we just let them go for free....what did we get for pudge? what did we get for Benitez? What are we getting for Pav? cmon now
-
I hope the Organization Realizes
well as a fan I do acknowledge that we have a limited budget unlike the Yunkees....so that must be considered...but is the brass getting to stingy? thats the real question. I just hope they know what they're doing.
-
I hope the Organization Realizes
Starting with Pudge and since then Penny, Mando, Lee, Pav and almost Lowell .... does the brass realize this isnt good for attracting talent nor keeping what we have? Not for nothing but Miguel will have to be offered money down the line...so will beckett and AJ. Lowell cant be thrilled seeing his teamates evaporate. As a fan things are falling apart imo. I hope someone up there can turn things around before they get any worse. my 2 cents
-
Marlins officially re-sign Harris
what a waste of space... 623587[/snapback] I couldnt of said this any better..... sure let benitez go and keep the great Lenny Harris.....does anyone here think Lenny Harris would be productive even in a class A team?
-
Pavano Feature in ESPN Magazine
As mention during the season, a friend of the team mention to me that the Expos game against the Marlins(the doubleheader) down at the Pro. really pissed off alot of the players by the turn out during the WC run. The first game was started by Pavano(which less than 1000 people showed up). Carl was visibly upset before, during, and after the game. IMO this was the last straw for Carl staying a fish and it could be for a few players once they become free agents. Believe me when Penny was traded Carl was 70/30 to come back. The organization kind knew Pav's feelings "at the time", but again something change. 621973[/snapback] This is a very good comment..... The way I see it, the Marlins started a downhill run when they didnt resign I-Rod. By not resigning him, they where forced to trade Penny for a catcher and a closer they could have done without for the time being. By not signing I-Rod they also caused the 4000 fans support they got in sept....which eventually leads to disgrunted players. It's a domino effect in my opinion and not going that extra mile with I - Rod who not only bought talent to this organization but bought LIFE to the Marlins. combine all this with the fact that we play in a s***ty football stadium in unbearable heat and the chance of rain in every game.....and you have lousy fan support (not to mention the fact that baseball isnt chit in south florida obviously). Well here looking forward to going to my next ballgame next season....this is one baseball fan that looks foward to some major league action. 622959[/snapback] So you don't think it had anything to do with the weather or curfew in Palm Beach County right after the hurricane? The fact is the Fish drew pretty well in Sept considering all that transpired off the field with several crowds in 38-41,000 range. I think all in all South Florida fans were able to put their problems aside and found time to support their local team. To blame not signing Pudge as the reason for the poor attendance for those two games is`in my mind, ridiculous. It's inconceivable that Pavano lives in such a vacuum that he was unaware of why crowds were that small that day and speaks poorly of him, not the fans. 622962[/snapback] well you do have a valid point but, that to me is an additional reason for the low fan showing the last few days. All in all it comes down to it being a combination of things. I for one was not happy to see Penny become a Dodger. Call me old fashsion but I enjoy the days when players stuck to one team (and we all know thats not the case anymore unless your a productive Yankee like Jeter, Bernie, Mariano, Mattingly, Posada etc etc). I'll never be happy over letting pudge go. I dont see Benitez or Pavano being as important to keep as I did pudge. I cant speak for the fans, but as a fan myself, that was a bad move in the part of our Marlins.