Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

batato

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by batato

  1. "You just hope there aren't a WHOLE LOT OF BLOWOUTS" Tommy...I Feel Ya
  2. they might be willing to stay ... but their agents won't so to answer your question NOPE
  3. at this point I my guess's are as good as anyones CF-mickey mouse SS-minny mouse RF-Hermida 3B-Cabrera 1B-pig pen C-Mathis LF-Linus 2B-Scooby Doo Dillon, Andino, Aguila, Willingham, Stokes or Harvey SP-Willis SP-Charlie Brown SP-Charlie Hough SP-Kevin Costner SP-Vargas RP-Kensing RP-Bostick RP-Tankersly SU-Messenger CP-Resop
  4. KEEP VOTING FOR BUSH :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
  5. just replace the baltimore O's Ft. Lauderdale stadium with a brand new MARLINS stadium. Problem Solved Guaranteed that the City of Norfolk will try to woo them over here. sorry dude...but Virgina can't even land a cricket team
  6. He certainly didn't leave with a feeling he was going to do much to help. Why would anyone expect him to finally do something after 7 years on the job Sorry but Jeb has done nothing to show me he cares about anyone or anything but his friends since he took office. LOOK at his EYES during that interview...there're all over the place. That clown could care less about South Florida or the Marlins.
  7. Miccosukee could save us if they really wanted to. nice try ... but why would they?
  8. Gee, I thought I'd really get ripped this afternoon. Just to make everyone happy I won't mention trading you know who again. Promise. :thumbup No way bud...don't take it personally...you have a valid point. It's good to hear opinions such as yours. The Marlins have a major problem to deal with...Stadium, light support from fans, and keeping the team in town. No way everyone's going to be thrilled with whatever moves they make. As a fan I would hate to lose key players...but frankly the Marlins have no choice but to field an inexpensive team at this point.
  9. Here's the plan...dump everyone but willis and cabs. build a AAA team around these two guys and watch the seats get packed at the stadium year after year. Oh btw don't forget to make the infield box seats $7.33 a ticket.
  10. I heard Andino is a big fan of Terrel Owens.
  11. If we get to put Sosa on roids, I'd be all for him signing a 1 year $3-5 million deal. However, if he has to stay clean...NO. :lol I add the Roids and the CORKS
  12. i agree it was to early for rebuilding
  13. if there's any truth to this the Franchise can be certain about one thing...A certain percentage of fans they have established because of the past 3 years will be no more. I take into account the high television ratings this year...not just the attendance (which really does'nt show a major jump). Sad but a lot of fans here in S Florida will not accept the "rebuilding" process, which may realistically be sooner than expected.
  14. Well for our sake, I hope i'm wrong about him. I guess we have no choice but to play him since we are going for a budget team next season.
  15. i say leave mikey alone... ok so i like certain players and mikey is one of them...but look at the options for him...None are good except the one no one really cares for "Give him another year to see if he'll hit 275 with 24 homers". I personally don't care for what is going to happen this off season. No wonder Giradi is back tracking. He is going to get a team that is not only falling apart, but not getting any better any time soon. Does anyone here REALLY believe andino will ever be a true major leaguer? I don't think Hermida is good at all. He may become as great as a Ricky Leedee one day (I hope). But how good is that really? All I know is that a lot of people had high hopes for Abraham Nunez (where is he now) even Mr. Lame Duck Ismael Valdes...and as we can see they were typical bust as I for one anticipated. lets keep mikey...dump encarnacion and Agon...keep antonio and jones...then take it from there. Hermida is not good at all? Are you mentally ill? I guess you have to be pretty sh*tty to be guranteed a starting job as a 21 year old. He just cant get it right can he? Andino is Alex Gonzalez Jr...the potential to play exceptional defense and hopefully incorporate power w/o average...he hit the ball hard quite a few times this season. And with Luis manning the other side of the bag that will make his defense that much better. I love Mikey as much as anyone and think there are reasons for hope, but at the same time we cant sacrifice the team for an $8 mil dollar defensive specialist, when we have a guy that can play 3rd just as well or better already. Andino had a nice line shot that hit the wall...I watch the games. But don't fool yourself into believing that he will have power. I remember Mr. Nunez hitting about 10 homers in spring training and during the season he could barely get it past the middle of the outfield.
  16. ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best. Did a few hits when he came up spark this following? You have got to be kidding me. nope i'm not kidding. Granted he did ok in the minors. But the minors is the minors. I can't see how guys are saying he is ready to start for next season based on a few at bats in the majors and what I consider an average season in the minors. Now if he lite up the minors hitting .370 with 40 homers...then God Yes! I would be saying nothing but "here's our new RF"...but this isnt the case.
  17. ok why is everyone so hyped on Hermida? This isn't a Miggy we have here. This is a future journeyman at best. Did a few hits when he came up spark this following?
  18. i say leave mikey alone... ok so i like certain players and mikey is one of them...but look at the options for him...None are good except the one no one really cares for "Give him another year to see if he'll hit 275 with 24 homers". I personally don't care for what is going to happen this off season. No wonder Giradi is back tracking. He is going to get a team that is not only falling apart, but not getting any better any time soon. Does anyone here REALLY believe andino will ever be a true major leaguer? I don't think Hermida is good at all. He may become as great as a Ricky Leedee one day (I hope). But how good is that really? All I know is that a lot of people had high hopes for Abraham Nunez (where is he now) even Mr. Lame Duck Ismael Valdes...and as we can see they were typical bust as I for one anticipated. lets keep mikey...dump encarnacion and Agon...keep antonio and jones...then take it from there.
  19. Jerry Kossman, Tom Seaver, Wayne Garrett, Jerry Grotti, Rusty Staub the Mets! but like others...since the Marlins I haven't looked back
  20. Guys I've always said Lou, and I am not changing my mind that this team full of little brats needs fire to mature them like men, but if we get Joe, am all for it. I agree 100% Lou is need for the Becketts, Encarnacion, Gonzalez and so forth. Luckly we have guys that know how to hustle...but I remember Encarnacion JOGGING to the fence to get a ball...I wanted to jump through my tv and deck him! I know what Billy Martin and Maybe Lou would have done...Juan would be asking himself why is Jeff coming outta the dugout in the middle of an inning to replace him.
  21. Favorite pro team- New York Yankees = 9% sad. I'm a Brooklyn-ite and I am a MARLIN FAN! True I grew up with the METS and still like them (when not playing our fish)...but YANKEES ACKKKK...Yankees are a bunch of Selfish Home Run Trying Players that think of one thing...themselves. "Shef at the plate...A hit will tie the game" "Oh look at that swing...he was looking to hit the moon" :mischief2 Yup Selfish.
  22. Nate should be "BUMPED" right outta the majors. This guy is no more than someone you can afford to bring in if your a team thats up or down by 20 runs in the 6th inning. He can kill an inning or two giving up just 5 - 10 runs. Other than that I can see him signing autograph's for kids that have no clue that he's no real major leaguer.
  23. Bottom line is that people don't want to spend money to go to the stadium when the chances are high that you will be rained on. The fans are there (high TV ratings) they just don't want to get rained on. That's my opinion but I think it is the main reason attendance sucks down here. You never know when and where it's going to rain in the summer. BINGO! Rain Sucks! How many games I wanted to attend only to change my mind because chances were that I'd get soaked. That compounded by the fact that it HUMID, STEAMY and just plain ole HOT in June - Aug makes the choice easier...6 pack friends and some beer at home on a big screen TV isn't all that bad. btw I went to about 12 games.
  24. Dear AJ, Two years ago you got in my Brand New Lincoln for about 10 - 15 mins during spring training; LOL right outside the fence where people watching can see you chillin with me (but all cool...no one could see what we were doing with my DARK tint windows). A fan watching that game vs Baltimore wondered what were we doing in that car. HaHa that foolish fan didn't notice the smoke that came out when we got out of the car. Hmmm well ok maybe he did, so what. Hope you come visit me next spring when you visit the O's...you know my chit is the best! signed the richest security guard in town You smoked out with AJ? No LOL! I was the confused fan :mischief2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.