Moving along...

jsprt05

First off... Samson and Loria are not to blame here... I still love those guys. They did awesome things for the Marlins..

However, to put a positive spin on this.... I remember when the Giants were all but gone to St. Petersburg back in the early 90's.. and at the last minute, they were saved, got a new stadium.. and now they sell out practically every game.... Things look very dim right now, but don't give up hope.

Lets move them to Hialeah. Raul Martinez is good at making money pop out of thin air.

:mischief

ha :banghead i hope u are kidding....people would get shot there.

not to metion WAYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOO MUCH SPANISH to handle for a 3hr plus event

:thumbdown bad choice...

move em to orlando, combine with the drays and have one florida team, like it should be

Seriously though... Why isn't Plam Beach County an option? The county said they would be open to a deal when Don King made his suggestion a year ago about West Palm, and the land that John Henry suggested in Boca Raton is still vacant...

I think Palm Beach should at least be considered. It is the wealthiest county in Florida (when it comes to per-capita income) as far as I know, I'm probably mistaken though. There are plenty of good sites, even in Downtown West Palm, for a ballpark. They can put one near the new convention center, Kravis Center, and CityPlace all of which are popular and successful venues (well, the convention center will be once it's hotel is built). It would nicely complement the rapid development boom that is taking place in that region. What the organization could do is make tickets redeemable to see a movie/eat a meal half price/or get a couple free beers at CityPlace or any West Palm hotspot, who knows? That would surely bring folks to games. However, until what I suggest can be substantiated by extensive market research, I'll just maintain the pessimistic attitude some here have chosen to inheret.

Seriously though... Why isn't Plam Beach County an option? The county said they would be open to a deal when Don King made his suggestion a year ago about West Palm, and the land that John Henry suggested in Boca Raton is still vacant...

I think Palm Beach should at least be considered. It is the wealthiest county in Florida (when it comes to per-capita income) as far as I know, I'm probably mistaken though. There are plenty of good sites, even in Downtown West Palm, for a ballpark. They can put one near the new convention center, Kravis Center, and CityPlace all of which are popular and successful venues (well, the convention center will be once it's hotel is built). It would nicely complement the rapid development boom that is taking place in that region. What the organization could do is make tickets redeemable to see a movie/eat a meal half price/or get a couple free beers at CityPlace or any West Palm hotspot, who knows? That would surely bring folks to games. However, until what I suggest can be substantiated by extensive market research, I'll just maintain the pessimistic attitude some here have chosen to inheret.

Is there land around City Place to build a stadium? I agree that would be kinda nice.

Is there land around City Place to build a stadium? I agree that would be kinda nice.

There's plenty of vacant land in downtown WPB, especially just east of the train station. There is also land to the north of CityPlace as well.

I know that fathoming a 40,000 seat MLB stadium located in downtown West Palm is far fetched, considering that presently it would look out of place since their aren't any very tall buildings around and few highrise buildings at all. Heck, out-of-towners would laugh if you call it a "downtown stadium". But within a decade, West Palm is gonna pretty robust as far as how built up it is. Wait a minute...did I say a decade? Fvck it, West Palm can't save the Marlins, but when MLB wants to take another chance on South Florida, West Palm Beach should be quite enticing.

Guest Moneyball

There's plenty of vacant land in downtown WPB, especially just east of the train station. There is also land to the north of CityPlace as well.

I know that fathoming a 40,000 seat MLB stadium located in downtown West Palm is far fetched, considering that presently it would look out of place since their aren't any very tall buildings around and few highrise buildings at all. Heck, out-of-towners would laugh if you call it a "downtown stadium". But within a decade, West Palm is gonna pretty robust as far as how built up it is. Wait a minute...did I say a decade? Fvck it, West Palm can't save the Marlins, but when MLB wants to take another chance on South Florida, West Palm Beach should be quite enticing.

If the Marlins move Miami and South Florida will not see another team for decades.

Jacksonville Florida , it is a growing market with a younger demographic, so florida has to many poor and old people

Ugh. They're 30th out of 32 teams in % capicity for a good NFL team.

No thanks.

Two different sports , I think baseball would do well there just a gut feeling , tickets are cheaper than football and the region is growing . On the jags there attendance was near the top of the nfl in the late 90's the product on the field has pretty much suc?ed since then , I know they have a pretty good record this year but i am not sold on them yet

Jacksonville Florida , it is a growing market with a younger demographic, so florida has to many poor and old people

I used to live up there & would tend to agree....

But Hugg's got a point. It's a football town first & foremost up there, & they can't even fill up the stadium for a damn good football team 8 times a year.

That said, they just renovated their minor league baseball field & I believe the Suns have usually drawn pretty well for a minor league team. Probably still too small a market, but it's definitely growing.