Everything posted by batato
-
Note to people going to marlin games
People are entitled to have a good time when they pay their money and attend games. I hate the wave, but if people want to come (which they didn't for years) and they want to do a wave, I say go for it. There's a mother and her four daughters (she's maybe late 30's, her daughter late teens, early twenties) about five rows above me who chant and dance and really have a ball at the games. They cheer and scream and boo and it's really infectious. I guess I'm enjoying all the bandwagoners or whatever you want to call them. It's great to have the stadium filled again, it used to be so depressing to go and see all the empty seats. If nothing else they've shut up the local sports media, and especially the Herald which almost with glee, reveled in reporting the daily falling attendance of the once laughingstock Marlins. If for no other reason, I'm lovin' all our new fans. I think the players appreciate it too. We've seen numerous quotes from players who recognize that people are coming out to see them. They have fans now. Jack regularly says things like "we didn't give them a good show last night" or "the fans got to see a great game tonight" recognizing the importance of a fan base. Attendance-wise, I bet we stack up well this season at 31,000 averaged and a terrific 42,000 last night. As long as they don't turn into "CubsThugs" I welcome anyone who wants to attend a Marlins game and if they want to do a wave in the first inning nothing will make me happier. Just keep coming. I just love this post...good one. But I will admit sometimes it can get annoying.....I dont mind standing up to let people in and out of their seats...but there wasnt an inning that went by that i could just sit there. PLS I BEG OF YOU....IF you are one of the people that has to get up every inning ... AT least do it between innings and not during gameplay!!! AS far as the Wave is concerned....BRING IT ON...dont bother me...Im happy people are there.
-
Todays attendance
A lot of fans had signs asking for a new stadium. :thumbup haha I saw that....thought it was great!!! I also like the way the Marlins are even getting their cheerleaders to get involved with the crowd...Heres a pic with a couple of the cheerleaders...pretty cool.
-
Adult Baseball Leagues in South Florida?
its been 7 years now, but i use to play for an adult baseball league in miami (ages 18-31 and ages 30 and over ) there was 2 leagues for these ages. We played games at tropical park and those fields by the stadium at homestead. I moved to broward thus can't play anymore (not making the 1 hour or more drive...and homestead is ridiculously far for me now). Don't know if the league still exsist but look around. Was fun as heck and fairly competitive. There was a bunch of ex college players in their 20's there. Personally i did fairly well considering i never played for a HS or College team. GL and if you find out info about it, be sure to let me know...I'd be curious...especially if they dropped the homestead games. Oh and btw there was tryouts....But I didnt hv a problem, so if your fairly good you won't eitheir. I found them in the newspaper advertising the league and tryouts.
-
Josh Beckett
Frankly Im suprised at the amount of responses you got for such a stupid post here. Guess since you post over and over, people feel your opinion (even though it seems it was made after you had to much to drink) must be worth something. IMO only one cat on the field is in need of early discipline and that is A. Gonzo....he's the only one in need of benching till he figures out how to hit (and i dont wanna hear about his fielding...Mickey Mouse can field to).
-
Ride The Pine Nunez
its normally a bad idea to bench slumping players. its better to let them hit out of it (provided its a player like jeff)
-
Oliver Sucks!!!!!
Panic Button LOL Oliver is a band-aid period. He's here to eat up innings till AJ returns, then he'll be a good guy to come outta the pen. He didnt get skipped cause Jackie likes to keep his pitchers throwing.... oh well, ill just wait for the homestand to go see some more games...enjoy attacking each other.
-
Good Luck in 2004!
tnx guys... At least we know there's some classy fans in chicago....god I learned to dislike Chicago fans last season.
-
World Series Bobbleheads
them thing are just annoying and ugly
-
Sun Sentinal Sat. Paper
i took these also
-
Sun Sentinal Sat. Paper
it was taken on the ramp that leads to the seats. I had asked ramon to sign my ball and flipped it down to him...he signed it and threw it back up to me....then i started taking a picture of carl warming up and Zap i got caught taking that pic lol. Heres the pic " I " was taking and this is us before we went in
-
Sun Sentinal Sat. Paper
i just checked....just the paper....i think its because the Miami Herald guy took the pic...he was the one that asked me questions....obviously they (herald guy and sentinel guy) get along with each other
-
Sun Sentinal Sat. Paper
Tnx man.... Kinda cool they did that...big pic to
-
Sun Sentinal Sat. Paper
page 16 A me and my kids came out dressed in our marlins gear
-
Nunez hits #10
This thing was way GONE too. He looks bigger than I remember. yeah i went wed to the game here in Ft Laud vs O's and he sure did look like he been using steriods. I dont really know or care....but he sure does look big. On a side note....I kinda Remeber ALEX GONZALEZ last year poping Homers early in the season then he fizzled out.
- Today's Game
-
Samson Denies AP Story
LOL i hate fatass period. On my way home from the Fish O's game i put on QAM to see if any news on the fish.... AHHH to my suprise it was FATASS.....and all this talk about FOOTBALL....Gimme a BREAK......Not knocking football or the lousy Duffins, but isnt Football season like 5 months away?
-
Spring Training Trip
all i got is a baseball that lowell fouled off signed by connine, castro, AJ , tommy p, and wayne Ros
-
Abe Nunez!!!
Guess you guys didnt hear. But banks has been RELEASED and offered a minor league contract. I was at the game today and Nunez was the first to hit...With a homer...nothing special...Just cleared the fence.... His 2nd homer was a BOMB and i mean a BOMB hit the upper area of the scoreboard...it would have cleared any park in the majors with ease (Ramons real cool...had no problem signing autos) He went 1 for 2...battled real nice for the hit...fouled off like 3 or 4 pitches till he got one he hit hard to CF for a hit....other ab got K'd Also me and my kids will be in the sports section of tomorrows herald (according to the reporter)....but i wont hold my breath.
-
MVP 2004 Online League
to join just goto forum and sign the waiting list....you'll need icq. ICQ is how we communicate with each other. my icq number is 73 917 607 ... if you want you can contact me...i'll be happy to help. btw i wont be around during marlin game tomorrow..i will be at the game.
- MVP 2004 Online League
-
MVP 2004 Online League
ouch wrong area...can an admin pls move this... i cant seem to delete this post
-
MVP 2004 Online League
anyone enjoy playing mvp 2004 online with a good connection and computer, can join us here for league play......we play 4 games a week. http://www.mvpallstars.com/index.php this is the link...and No marlins are taken...I hv them
-
Opening Day Question
I went to their first spring game here in Ft. laud...and am going on wed also. But no to opening day. Going Wed the 7th for their 2nd game.
-
Cubs/Marlins Game 6 to be on ESPN Classic
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...?threadid=30783 They will play it at 2 pm eastern time on April 4th. I plan on sitting back, relaxing, and reliving one of the great days in my life. :thumbup Ahhh a great chance to see Stevie boy at work
-
Is a Retractable Roof Really Necessary???
It's not about a little rain now and then. It's the sun, the heat, your dehydrated kids burning under the Florida sun, it's about providing the most bang for your sports entertainment dollar. This isn't football and their eight home games a year, this is baseball with 81 home games. I'd rather, if it came to it, have a dome (non-retractable) than no roof. I goto as many games as the next guy (prob more lol)....but one things for sure...If i were'nt a diehard fan, there would be NO WAY I would sit through that humidity and heat 20 x's a year. I wouldn't subject my kids to this heat for 3 hours. I do it anyhow...I love the fish. But a DOME would surely make me one happy puppy and I would prob be able to convince the wife to come along. So a roof in my opinion is very much worth it. Retractable just don't seem likely