Give Ency Some Love!

jservs7

Come on guys, you gotta give Ency some credit. :) I mean, he did come to the Marlins late and didnt produce as most would like, but you also have to remember he played hurt most of the season last year. Did anyone remember what he did for us in our championship year? Clutch hits, amazing defense and a guy who can produce 25 HRs easy batting in our #7 slot. He's going to be healthier this season and with the addition of Delgado, that just makes his job less stressful. Even if he doesn't produce as much offensively as a lot would like to see this season, hes a lock to play great defense. SHOW HIM SOME LOVEEEEEEE!!!!!! :hug

Come on guys, you gotta give Ency some credit. :) I mean, he did come to the Marlins late and didnt produce as most would like, but you also have to remember he played hurt most of the season last year. Did anyone remember what he did for us in our championship year? Clutch hits, amazing defense and a guy who can produce 25 HRs easy batting in our #7 slot. He's going to be healthier this season and with the addition of Delgado, that just makes his job less stressful. Even if he doesn't produce as much offensively as a lot would like to see this season, hes a lock to play great defense. SHOW HIM SOME LOVEEEEEEE!!!!!! :hug

672326[/snapback]

I'm starting to change my tune on Juan. I think it might not be bad to have him start in Right with Conine off the bench. I get the feeling it's going to take Conine a month into the season to get 100% healthy.

If Juan provides us with stellar "D"and hits 20 HRswith 80+ RBIs we should be in good shape. Hopefully a healthy shoulder will allow Juan to return to the form of 2003. As for Conine he will still find plenty of ABs...he can provide relief to Delgado, Cabs, Enc and even JP if Enc moves to CFfor a game or two. it mihjt also make sense for Conine to begin transitioning into a pinch hiting role for the latter part of his career.

Also, from an attitude perspective, Conine is more team orientented and would presumably handle the bench role like the true professional he is...

My dream would of course to have Niner play right field effectively. But with the learning curve having to come into play, Ency is going to be useful. I know he cant put up the numbers a healthy Niner can, but in 2003 for us he hit 19 HRs with 94 RBIs and the most important stat.............. 0 Errors. The Marlins pride themselves on defense and this is why I believe a healthy Ency will be very effective this season. I mean does anyone remember the job Cabs did in RF? :thumbdown I know offensively, Ency is in no comparison, but you gotta give em' credit for his glove.

Show him love? This is the same guy that got ticked off at the club for sitting him during a few of the games of the '03 WS, then he doesn't show up for the Championship parade and you want me to show him love?? :chair

672378[/snapback]

:lol I agree.... When he bats he looks like he is not trying. His swings are worse than mine. I never see Juan smile or kid around with the other players. It looks like he is depressed :headscratch

Show him love? This is the same guy that got ticked off at the club for sitting him during a few of the games of the '03 WS, then he doesn't show up for the Championship parade and you want me to show him love?? :chair

672378[/snapback]

this is what im talking about........if he was a player who at least showed some EFFORT and DESIRE to play here, I would show him some love.....But i'm sorry, he rubs me the wrong way and is someone who IMO brings a negitive force to the clubhouse as opposed to someone like pudge who brings a positive force to a team.

Trade bait? whoever said " I like Pepsi " hit it right on. Some Win Dixie Brand Fruit Cola and a bag of chips will suffice.

offensively, he was dead last among all corner outfielders with regular playing time last season.

out of the 62 major league right- and left-fielders who had at least 325 plate appearances last season, juan encarnacion ranks:

#62 out of 62 in batting average.

#62 out of 62 in on-base percentage.

#53 out of 62 in slugging percentage.

#60 out of 62 in OPS.

i don't even think the tag "trade bait" serves him justice. who would trade for $4 million worth of that?

offensively, he was dead last among all corner outfielders with regular playing time last season.

out of the 62 major league right- and left-fielders who had at least 325 plate appearances last season, juan encarnacion ranks:

#62 out of 62 in batting average.

#62 out of 62 in on-base percentage.

#53 out of 62 in slugging percentage.

#60 out of 62 in OPS.

i don't even think the tag "trade bait" serves him justice. who would trade for $4 million worth of that?

672533[/snapback]

You're absolutely correct that JE had a terrible year at the dish last year. Most of that was due to his injured shoulder.....which was surgically repaired this off-season.

His 2003 numbers were pretty good for a #7 hitter.

.270 avg, 19HRs, 94 RBIs, 19 SBs.

Granted, the Dodgers overpaid when they signed him last year, but if a healthy Encarnacion can repeat his 2003 numbers we'll be just fine.

You cant get mad at someone for "wasting" potential.... he is still relatively young... and considering there isnt much you can get for him, why not settle on his great defense, then to settle for a bag of chips, dont get me wrong, he does look lazy when he plays so... yes, if we could actually get something somewhat decent, whether it be anything of tangible use to the club... but trading somebody because you feel you need to will get you burned.

If he puts up numbers comparable to 2003 and continues to provide the solid D he has always given, there is no doubt that he will fit in better for the team when the other option is Niner in left with Cabs at right. I just don't see this as that tough of a decision, especially if Juan is healthier than Niner at the beginning of the season. I read somewhere that Niner won't be able to play until the last two weeks of spring.

672378[/snapback]

this is what im talking about........if he was a player who at least showed some EFFORT and DESIRE to play here, I would show him some love.....But i'm sorry, he rubs me the wrong way and is someone who IMO brings a negitive force to the clubhouse as opposed to someone like pudge who brings a positive force to a team.

Trade bait? whoever said " I like Pepsi " hit it right on. Some Win Dixie Brand Fruit Cola and a bag of chips will suffice.

672505[/snapback]

i agree wit u, but with that depress look he still plays better d in right than anybody in the game.

He deserves no respect what so ever, he's a horrible excuse for a baseball player and he's an absolute jerk as a human being. I don't know why any team would want him, why should we show someone love that isn't even a team player. That's what the Marlins are based on Team ball and he's the one of the worst examples of it.

He wasn't much better in 2003.

32nd of 40 in batting average among corner outfielders with 325 or more at bats

37th of 40 in on base percentage

28th of 40 in slugging percentage

32nd of 40 in OPS

70 points of OPS below league-average (that includes every at bat by a NL RF)

The surgery to his shoulder is not going to bring him back to 2003 levels, it's going to help him improve on his 2004 campaign and nothing more.